Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495197 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4830 on: April 26, 2010, 02:07:20 am »

Yeah, the only time you see a cigarette is in the last few milliseconds of the ad.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: April 26, 2010, 02:14:28 am »

Hmmm, I can't remember any cigarette commercials. Any links?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: April 26, 2010, 02:16:44 am »

Nope. There are no more cigarette commercials, at least in our country. They are forever banished.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: April 26, 2010, 02:17:53 am »

Yeah, but the sari-sari store right near my place still sells them for like 5 pesos per cigarette. Ironically, it's RIGHT BESIDE A NO SMOKING SIGN. XD
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: April 26, 2010, 02:20:12 am »

Oh. Well, cigarette commercials suck too, then.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:12 am »

Yeah, but the sari-sari store right near my place still sells them for like 5 pesos per cigarette. Ironically, it's RIGHT BESIDE A NO SMOKING SIGN. XD

I have to go so far just to get cigarettes if I run out between classes. Ah well.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: April 26, 2010, 02:39:06 am »

I have to go so far just to get cigarettes if I run out between classes. Ah well.
Funny thing is, I always go there to buy Coca-Cola, or chips, and I get annoyed by all the smoking construction workers near by.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:05 am »

In that vein, construction workers here are scary.

I was helping out at a GK build site (that's a charity organization that builds houses, foreign people  :P) and for the first time I saw a local jackhammer.

It consisted of a six foot tall steel rod and a five foot tall construction worker. He was using it to break pavement.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: April 26, 2010, 02:53:54 am »

My sister worked with Gawad Kalinga as well.

@ construction workers: The ones near my house are just annoying.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: April 26, 2010, 02:57:02 am »

The Philippines have (has?) gigantic jackhammers.  They're supposed to be like three feet tall.  Except for the huge truck mounted ones.

You guys have reminded me that smoking is utterly verboten across American society.  That means we'll never again see the dramatic ennui of the 1920s-50s, when everybody smoked all the time, with the wisps glinting in the lamplight, and elegant holders and cases abounded.  That makes me sad.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: April 26, 2010, 02:59:43 am »

Well, they still do a nice business in cigarette cases around here, and novelty lighters. But I suspect that with the fall of cigarettes in America, noir can never again progress.

The Philippines have (has?) gigantic jackhammers.  They're supposed to be like three feet tall.  Except for the huge truck mounted ones.

Yes, but a burly short guy is so much cheaper.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: April 26, 2010, 03:12:03 am »

If I could do that, that would be awesome. ;D

Also, I saw a cat get hit by a car. It was not pretty. Imagine the standard DF kill. It was something like that. Worst part was, the dude didn't even stop to check what happened. D:
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: April 26, 2010, 07:03:45 am »

~full moon sway~
~gently in the night of one fine day~
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: April 26, 2010, 09:40:11 am »

Huh. The no smoking sign is where all the college students here smoke. One could argue that it marks a boundary, so on one side they can smoke but on another they can't. An argument that falls when you realize that people smoke in every direction from the sign.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: April 26, 2010, 10:13:00 am »

Huh. The no smoking sign is where all the college students here smoke. One could argue that it marks a boundary, so on one side they can smoke but on another they can't. An argument that falls when you realize that people smoke in every direction from the sign.
I don't smoke but...

It is worse here in Canada. There is a law that says you can't smoke within x meters of the entrance to a place of business or a public building yet people smoke right outside the places anyways. But there is a reason for this (in the colder seasons at least): It is fucking cold outside in the winter. By the time someone gets their outdoor clothing on to go have a smoke its already been 10 minutes. Many people under-dress to go out and have a smoke in -30 degree Celsius weather, just so they can have an extra minute to do what they wanted to do.

I'm not saying smoking is great, and we should accommodate a smoker's every whim but this is barbaric. Why did we outlaw specifically designated and ventilated smoking rooms? Oh I know why, because cigarettes are the devil's work!.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:24:16 am by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 8168