Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495208 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4770 on: April 23, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »

I just finished archive binging on Anders loves Maria.

If you saw how the comic ended, you'd understand why this is in Sad Thread.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: April 23, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

I know why it's in the sad thread just from reading the title.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: April 23, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

Blorgh, I've still got 8.5 months left of exile and I've already had more than enough.  I want it to be spring 2011, already... I guess I should be happy to have so much time off, but it doesn't really feel like I can fill that time period happily.

The other thing is that I'm really worried about Thyme, and I don't know what to do.  She has a crush on a sociopath (I'm not joking or exaggerating, here.  His registration was blocked due to some major breakdown).  She also has shitty impulse control and has said that she wants to try getting drunk.  The only reason why this bothers me is that she apparently can't keep herself from eating terribad dining hall food, to the point of gaining a lot of weight, and she's easily addicted to things as-is.

I know that a little bit of drinking won't really hurt anyone, but she succumbs easily to the pressure of "people she respects" and says she wants to get drunk to relieve stress; furthermore, she's made all these statements about how she isn't easily affected by alcohol, which I don't really trust.  It doesn't help that her peer group seems to be rather full of heavy drinkers.

Then, there's the part where she doesn't seem interested in anyone else's advice, has only the one social group/interest (D&D), keeps letting herself get obscenely sleep-deprived, can't get her assignments in on time... and so on.  She was ridiculously depressed before she went to this school and made her group of friends, and isn't planning any fallbacks in the off chance that something falls through.  Furthermore, she seems to have mistakenly attributed some obscenely large degree of intelligence/problem-solving skill to herself, so that she doesn't have to listen to others' advice--but from what I know of her, she wastes a lot of time going in the wrong direction (and thinks that she's perfectly safe in her current situation, though her track record says she's in real trouble).

How do you tell someone who thinks they're a super-genius that they're sitting on a powderkeg and look like they're on the verge of lighting the fuse?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: April 23, 2010, 10:37:38 pm »

Bluntly

People respond to drink differently. I'd only get drunk at a party nowadays, since it doesn't 'relieve stress'. You can still think when you're drunk. Clearly too, given some time. She needs to broaden her interests so when D&D isn't available, she won't freak out, like how WoW players tend to freak out when their internet goes down, with no fallback plans.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:40:53 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:34 pm »

I had to cancel what could've been an awesome get together of all my friends. ;_;
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4775 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:22 pm »

Made alot of progress playing Zeno Clash only to have my graphics card (driver I think/hope) bug out on me. I hope I didn't lose my progress. I was, according to loading screens, halfway through the game, and then it buggered out. Hopefully it didn't burn out that whole time.

At least according to Speccy, it didn't overheat. I assume it was a driver issue.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: April 24, 2010, 12:24:04 am »

I dont normally get euphoric when drunk, myself. In fact, I usually end up rather introspective. If I have had one cup too many I'm more likely to be leaning against a wall staring at nothing. This has led to funny situations at times.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: April 24, 2010, 12:43:22 am »

The other thing is that I'm really worried about Thyme, and I don't know what to do.  She has a crush on a sociopath (I'm not joking or exaggerating, here.  His registration was blocked due to some major breakdown).  She also has shitty impulse control and has said that she wants to try getting drunk.  The only reason why this bothers me is that she apparently can't keep herself from eating terribad dining hall food, to the point of gaining a lot of weight, and she's easily addicted to things as-is.

I know that a little bit of drinking won't really hurt anyone, but she succumbs easily to the pressure of "people she respects" and says she wants to get drunk to relieve stress; furthermore, she's made all these statements about how she isn't easily affected by alcohol, which I don't really trust.  It doesn't help that her peer group seems to be rather full of heavy drinkers.

Then, there's the part where she doesn't seem interested in anyone else's advice, has only the one social group/interest (D&D), keeps letting herself get obscenely sleep-deprived, can't get her assignments in on time... and so on.  She was ridiculously depressed before she went to this school and made her group of friends, and isn't planning any fallbacks in the off chance that something falls through.  Furthermore, she seems to have mistakenly attributed some obscenely large degree of intelligence/problem-solving skill to herself, so that she doesn't have to listen to others' advice--but from what I know of her, she wastes a lot of time going in the wrong direction (and thinks that she's perfectly safe in her current situation, though her track record says she's in real trouble).

How do you tell someone who thinks they're a super-genius that they're sitting on a powderkeg and look like they're on the verge of lighting the fuse?

To be honest, she sounds like the perfect girl, aside from being overweight. Send her my way, chicks who dig sociopaths dig me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: April 24, 2010, 01:56:37 am »

I got to the current page of gunnerkrigg court.

waahhhhhhh v.v I hate that. I wanna keep reading. So many unanswered questions left. and it was getting really good. damn you Internets for not producing content quickly enough for me to be forever saited!

ah well, it's 5 to 3am, I should probably go to bed.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: April 24, 2010, 01:59:59 am »

Yeah, archive binging is cool.
Also, you should reread it once. Just to make sure you don't miss any important details. I know I had to, several times.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: April 24, 2010, 02:04:03 am »

It's one of the few I can archive binge repeatedly without boring.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: April 24, 2010, 02:05:49 am »

Yeah, archive binging is cool.
Also, you should reread it once. Just to make sure you don't miss any important details. I know I had to, several times.

I cant re-read/play through things. I get bored too quickly. I have a fairly decent memory so when new info is recieved/uncovered, I usually remember related things. If not, I don't feel bad.

Its a really good story though. It gripped me like the first two books of Harry Potter, which is to say like a vice
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: April 24, 2010, 03:33:38 am »

Made alot of progress playing Zeno Clash only to have my graphics card (driver I think/hope) bug out on me. I hope I didn't lose my progress. I was, according to loading screens, halfway through the game, and then it buggered out. Hopefully it didn't burn out that whole time.

At least according to Speccy, it didn't overheat. I assume it was a driver issue.
It autosaves at the start of each fight, and you can't manually save it. If it died while it was saving, it might fuck up that save, but it keeps something like the three most recent save points, if I'm remembering right, it's been a while since I've played it.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: April 24, 2010, 05:35:34 am »

Overslept an hour and missed a day at work. Lost a hundred dollars by waking up 40 minutes past the point of no sleeping return. I think my alarm didn't go off, or I sleep-turned it off. Now both Kohls and the temp place will remove some credibility, and it sucks, cuz I've been milking this job for all it's got, and I may not be recommended there now. Just got first shift too, if waking up at 4:45 to work 6AM-6PM counts as first. It's a hell of a lot better than doing the 6PM-6AM shift.

I do get to sleep in now, but it's the sleep-in of shame : (
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: April 24, 2010, 05:39:44 am »

Ouch. Sympathies, smigenboger.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 8168