Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9497553 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4635 on: April 20, 2010, 12:28:46 am »

I can't roll my Rs. :(

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: April 20, 2010, 12:34:18 am »

I can't roll my Rs. :(

being married to a Mexican woman, I feel your pain. I cannot roll them either.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: April 20, 2010, 12:40:48 am »

Yesterday I was dreaming that I got off my car and happened to meet a girl I like, in a remote location. We walked by ourselves into dusk, talking... and then I woke up with a start. I logged into Facebook, hoping that she might be online.

Since this is the "things that made you sad today thread", you can pretty much guess that she wasn't.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: April 20, 2010, 01:12:16 am »

Freaky dreams, though amazing.

I'm sad that although I saw about four alien planets in my dream, each with its own unique landscape and defining feature, I can now only barely remember the first.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: April 20, 2010, 01:18:28 am »

I had a dream last night that I got smallpox...  it goes beyond that though... orginally a sheep baby got smallpox then kicked me giving me the smallpox.  :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: April 20, 2010, 02:26:30 am »

I've gotten dreams where my face rots away a few times, often motivated by external things.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »

As I was coming home from class I saw a black raven perched on a gravestone.  That has to be an omen of some sort.  At the same time though, I was happy, because it was really metal.
Shoes...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: April 20, 2010, 03:20:32 pm »

That IS metahl. You should have taken a picture or something.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: April 20, 2010, 07:12:02 pm »

Finally faceplanted onto my bed successfully at one in the morning then woke up at five and got maybe half an hours more sleep.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4644 on: April 20, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »

I had a pleasant work day, everything was going along well (IE- It was a slow day, up to 1 customer/hour), all my tasks were in the process of being done in time and early even, and then suddenly...

An Ambush! Curse them!

All of a sudden, during the closing hours, I get ambushed with up to 5 customers out of nowhere, one of them ordering 2 lbs. of pepperoni, micro-thin (transparent). I told them that it would take awhile to complete the order, and in the process of slicing it, I had to relocate my shoulder, in front of them, still not phased. And upon finishing, they left pissed off. What the hell? My customers are friggin' sociopaths. They saw me struggling to finish in time, and they're the ones pissed off.

Add to it, despite all the clearest signs we're closed, customers still came to order. And of course, thanks to the ambush, instead of finishing on time (as I expected), I ended up closing half an hour late (again), and my sister was also half an hour late to pick me up (meaning, an hour after I was supposed to be out, I finally got home). Overall, it was a pretty crappy work day on what would've been a dream.

I hate Tuesdays. This crap ALWAYS happens on a Tuesday. Hell, if it were a curse, I'd cast it on any of them and let them feel my pain in a way unique to them. Always whenever I work alone and without any witnesses either. Every Tuesday becomes a Twilight Zone episode.

Always when Lost is on as well, I noticed. It's like something doesn't want me to have any closure.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:42:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: April 20, 2010, 08:06:02 pm »

in the process of slicing it, I had to relocate my shoulder

Wha?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4646 on: April 20, 2010, 08:11:34 pm »

in the process of slicing it, I had to relocate my shoulder
Wha?
I'd like to see you try slicing over 100 slices of meat (transparently thin, and keeping them whole while at it) in less than 3 minutes (average customer fuse before they get irritable). In the process, I think  I did dislocate my shoulder.  Any which way, it felt much better after I realigned it. I probably did dislocate my shoulder in the process of slicing. It hurt like hell.

EDIT:
Now that I come to think of it, I think it was more around 200+ or 300+ slices. in that time frame. Somehow 100 feels/sounds rather small. I think that would only be enough to make about a ¼-½ pound; the order given was for 2.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:45:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: April 20, 2010, 10:34:46 pm »

For the curious, I would assume super thin slicing is a delicate process, taking time. For three minutes...
100 slices at 100/180 seconds or 9/5 seconds per slice, 200/180 or 9/10 of a second for 200, or 300/180 or 9/15 of a second.

Making a slice every 3/5ths of a second would be insane. That's like, ffr arrow fast. How fast do you think you were slicing?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4648 on: April 20, 2010, 11:05:12 pm »

Making a slice every 3/5ths of a second would be insane. That's like, ffr arrow fast. How fast do you think you were slicing?
Using a stopwatch and going at the same rate I went at work, I would have to say a good average of 2.5 slices/second. I at least averaged about 25 slicing motions in 10 seconds a few separate times, and to be sure, I also tested at 30 seconds. Came in around 2.3/sec.

And yes, I did the same motion with something of equal mass with a countdown timer to minimize bias. So about between 2.2 - 2.6 slice/sec is my rate with a good pound of resistance, and I also had to be precise in slicing so that I kept quality with the speed.

With how sore I usually feel after work, screw going to a gym.

EDIT:
And doing the math, I did roughly 225 slices total within the 3 minutes (which fits the 2.5 slc/sec rate), and give me a moment to weigh it in. Okay, each slice is more/less .01 pound apiece (maybe slightly more than .0067 since the machines round up to 2 decimals. According to the calculator, about 2 pounds / 225 slices makes it more like .0089 pounds (4.0369 grams) apiece. Sounds about right.

EDIT EDIT:
And now I know how the Mythbusters feel when they think "What the hell am I doing?".
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 11:13:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: April 20, 2010, 11:16:05 pm »

It would be funny to re-calculate those totals with your rounded pound per slice numbers. You could have ended up with more meat than you started with, implying something went horribly wrong with the slicing.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 8168