Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499500 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4545 on: April 17, 2010, 03:54:01 pm »

Dog peed on our rug and my computer chair after she became in trouble by my sister.
Damn it. >:(
Wait what?! Even IGNORING the species barier, that still shuldnt be posible because they are both female!
I dont think I even want to know...
What? The dog jumped on my computer chair and peed herself. Are you saying that I meant my sister peed on my chair?
...for some reason your post made me angry. >:(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: April 17, 2010, 03:56:36 pm »

Dog peed on our rug and my computer chair after she became in trouble by my sister.
Damn it. >:(
Wait what?! Even IGNORING the species barier, that still shuldnt be posible because they are both female!
I dont think I even want to know...
What? The dog jumped on my computer chair and peed herself. Are you saying that I meant my sister peed on my chair?
...for some reason your post made me angry. >:(

No, no... "got in trouble by my sister."  It makes it sound like you need to have a shotgun wedding arranged.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: April 17, 2010, 05:02:08 pm »

Only if you're Armok.

Also, it makes me sad when developers are too incompetent to make a boss challenging on its own, so they give it a bunch of stupid minions that do nothing but irritate you.  I love fighting huge monsters, I hate fighting huge monsters with a bunch of minions.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: April 17, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »

Also, it makes me sad when developers are too incompetent to make a boss challenging on its own, so they give it a bunch of stupid minions that do nothing but irritate you.  I love fighting huge monsters, I hate fighting huge monsters with a bunch of minions.

Arkham Asylum, fighting Poison Ivy in the arboretum.  Lazy Bullet-Hell in my Batman is bad enough, but do I have to be accosted by meat-manikins while I'm at it?

On Sad Topic: I think something is seriously wrong with my dog, but I sure as fuck can't afford the likely thousands of dollars to do anything about it.  Or even take her to the emergency veterinarian, so I'll just have to watch her limp around all weekend until the walk-in clinic opens on Monday.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Greatoliver

• Bay Watcher
  • Blobby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: April 17, 2010, 06:09:47 pm »

Sorry about your dog Aqizzar... I know the pain of having distressed animals too well  :-\

EDIT: Removed guitar comment.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:33:08 am by Greatoliver »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: April 18, 2010, 03:31:27 am »

Forum was down for most of the day. :(

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: April 18, 2010, 03:47:09 am »

Going back to school tommorow, which is so boring and horrible because of all the spoilt stuck up fools people call their children.

Man they really get to me  :-\
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: April 18, 2010, 04:43:47 am »

Forum was down for most of the day. :(

Yeah. I'm glad I was out and about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: April 18, 2010, 05:11:13 am »

Rosewood is a bastard.
Disagree.  Rosewood is lovely... I've just taken the strings off my guitar and put some lemon oil on it, and the fretboard is looking lovely.

Considerably better than maple, plus it sounds warmer and less bright.  :)
HOHOHOHO Fuck off, and come back when you've found the context. Yes, Understandably I would assume you know it's a name, and are making light of it- But still. Go find out the events before that post, and then see if it's worth making fun of the situation.

On that note: What's up, Vector?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: April 18, 2010, 05:22:29 am »

HOHOHOHO Fuck off, and come back when you've found the context. Yes, Understandably I would assume you know it's a name, and are making light of it- But still. Go find out the events before that post, and then see if it's worth making fun of the situation.

Did somebody forget their chill pills this morning?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: April 18, 2010, 05:25:36 am »

... possibly.

Is it that easy to tell?

I joke, I joke. I'm just not in the mood for levity, I guess.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greatoliver

• Bay Watcher
  • Blobby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: April 18, 2010, 05:31:41 am »

In my defense, I wasn't making fun... There was no intent to cause her pain or make her situation seem petty or superficial  :-\

Sorry.

EDIT: And sorry, I didn't realise it was the name of a person, I thought she actually was refering to a kind of wood. Clearly, I don't belong here.

It wasn't actually a joke  :'( I actually thought she was talking about woodworking; I didn't know it was a person.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:56:03 am by Greatoliver »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: April 18, 2010, 05:35:41 am »

Just... seriously you guys. How many times has someone tried to make light of a tenuous or downright bad situation in this thread and had it blow up in their faces? I count at least three, although I haven't been keeping track of how many times it's been attempted successfully.

Just stop. You don't know if it'll lighten the situation and if it doesn't you'll end up making things worse. I know the most you can offer in consolation to people over the net is words and those don't really do all that much in the first place but if you're going to just make a joke, don't say anything at all.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: April 18, 2010, 05:46:28 am »

Ok. Maybe I was too harsh on the kid. But- the sad thread really usually isn't the place to be making jokes without knowing what's going on. If nobody here knew about rosewood, and she said 'I hate rosewood', then we'd all be saying 'Who's rosewood' 'What's wrong with rosewood' Etc. But we know. And you don't. But if you stick around you will. So, s' right.

And Jackrabbit. A priest, a rabbit, and a rhinocerous walk into a bar...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: April 18, 2010, 05:47:55 am »

Just... seriously you guys. How many times has someone tried to make light of a tenuous or downright bad situation in this thread and had it blow up in their faces? I count at least three, although I haven't been keeping track of how many times it's been attempted successfully.

I'm more inclined to blame this trend on the people who preemptively freak out on behalf of whoever they think should be offended.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 8168