Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488364 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4455 on: April 16, 2010, 01:31:46 am »

... Something...

If I can't keep it together Ill see you guys monday...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: April 16, 2010, 01:45:54 am »

I'm awake, way before I should be. Kind of makes me a bit sad as it lowers my immunity. Own fault though.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: April 16, 2010, 01:54:19 am »

Well, I'm having a wierd day today. I've managed to impress co-workers, managers, and boss with the fact that in the last few days I've worked about twice as fast as some of the best workers, which is a lot faster than my usual pace. And then I come home and have a gigantic depressive episode where I manage to piss off a gigantic amount of my online friends with my constant yearning for attention and pity (IRL friends? Way out here? Fuck off- They're all in the city.)
So far, basically, I've been on a low whenever I've been online. I've stopped playing a fair few online games because of it, because I don't want to alienate my community, which, believe me, happens more often to me than you'd think. Well. That depends who you are. But whatever. All I know is, that once this shit's over, I'm gonna have to be handing out apologies like K-mart santa hands out candy. Which sucks, because I hand out apologies much like a six year old hands out c-... Apologies. You know- it doesn't happen unless the teacher makes you, and even then your face burns red and you kinda mumble it out of the side of your mouth. That one.

Oh well. At least this mood makes me more talkative online. Let's just hope that I don't get depressed at work- I'll probably get sacked.

Also, I've been trying to hunt down an obscure game I really liked as a kid. I think it's called 'Mortuum', but I'm not sure. And it isn't ANYWHERE. It's like the forgotten game! And here I wanted some lord of evil undead hack and slash top-down action.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:10:09 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: April 16, 2010, 09:54:48 am »

My natural personality makes everyone within a 100 mile radius hate me.

Also i'm sad becuase i'm being forced to go to Iowa later today for someone I don't know whose having a wedding shower.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: April 16, 2010, 10:28:48 am »

Well, I'm having a wierd day today. I've managed to impress co-workers, managers, and boss with the fact that in the last few days I've worked about twice as fast as some of the best workers, which is a lot faster than my usual pace. And then I come home and have a gigantic depressive episode where I manage to piss off a gigantic amount of my online friends with my constant yearning for attention and pity (IRL friends? Way out here? Fuck off- They're all in the city.)
So far, basically, I've been on a low whenever I've been online. I've stopped playing a fair few online games because of it, because I don't want to alienate my community, which, believe me, happens more often to me than you'd think. Well. That depends who you are. But whatever. All I know is, that once this shit's over, I'm gonna have to be handing out apologies like K-mart santa hands out candy. Which sucks, because I hand out apologies much like a six year old hands out c-... Apologies. You know- it doesn't happen unless the teacher makes you, and even then your face burns red and you kinda mumble it out of the side of your mouth. That one.

Oh well. At least this mood makes me more talkative online. Let's just hope that I don't get depressed at work- I'll probably get sacked.

Also, I've been trying to hunt down an obscure game I really liked as a kid. I think it's called 'Mortuum', but I'm not sure. And it isn't ANYWHERE. It's like the forgotten game! And here I wanted some lord of evil undead hack and slash top-down action.

try looking for your game here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=37043.210

they found decklin's demise for me and that's no common game.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: April 16, 2010, 02:02:07 pm »

The weather seems tied to my mood. It's raining so hard outside.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: April 16, 2010, 02:04:13 pm »

So you're cheerful and springy?
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: April 16, 2010, 02:08:01 pm »

No but my eyes are doing a good impression of the downpour outside.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: April 16, 2010, 02:17:45 pm »

*clicked linky*

Have you ever ran in a downpour? Very fun. May cheer you up
While talking to AJ:

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: April 16, 2010, 02:20:16 pm »

*clicked linky*

Have you ever ran in a downpour? Very fun. May cheer you up

going outside in a downpour and just running around and getting soaked to the bone is a great stress reliever. I also found it made exercise much easier, diminishes the burn.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: April 16, 2010, 02:22:40 pm »

I too would advise enjoying the rain, but not so much if you're not feeling well. get a hoodie or something first.

I'm not sure if it makes me unhappy, per se, but it's a sobering realization... so much of who we are is defined by a series of schticks we adopt and/or accentuate... we try to define ourselves through our actions, playing up to a reputation we have, or to others expectations of us. Perhaps someone is known as "your asshole guitarist friend" or "that bookish nerdy person from Starbucks" for whatever reason... often times, that person will play up to those aspects, and when asked to explain their personality, hobbies, or "who they are" they'll fall back on the things that others "know" them for... their schticks.

I can see what I "portray" myself as, and who I feel I actually am, and I feel disparity... though I can't get a clear picture either, for all the masks.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: April 16, 2010, 02:27:21 pm »

Whoa man, people are multi-fauceted. Are you different things to different people?

Some see me as the bastion of human reason, and others think I'm borderline retarded in my antics. Others just know me as 'that guy we decided to call Rick who can drink a hell of a lot more whiskey than us'
While talking to AJ:

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:23 pm »

Going away for the weekend, out of town. Sucks pretty hard.

Keep on keeping on, folks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: April 16, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »

Aw fuck, I was looking forward to watching you bitchslap zombies.  Peace out Drone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Naresomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: April 16, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »

Finding out that I'm actually pretty "crappy" at the one thing I thought I had some skill in...
Recaptcha Pictionary!
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51755.0

"And on the 5th frame, He bowleth a strike, and there was much rejoicing to be had."
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 8167