Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487065 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4395 on: April 14, 2010, 10:38:43 am »

For the record, most of them were apparently strays, and it was one pet cat that got him caught.  He's a cool guy, but he has some retarded friends (the kind of people that think Jackass is hilarious).  Man, this really screws up social events, he and his sister are the people I primarily go places with.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:24 am »

It's Ohio, nothing else to do.  That's why we have so many astronauts, the only way to escape Ohio is to leave the Earth.
Hey! There's lots to do in Ohio! Not that I would know, rarely leaving the speck of a town I lived in...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4397 on: April 14, 2010, 11:56:17 am »

Well, I woke up at noon again, and it seems I'm paying the price for having 2 decent days a couple days ago already. I gotta remember to sabotage my days and use my own misery like a controlled fire/demolition system. Either that, or find a better foundation for my moods, because I think where I'm basing my personality on has the foundation of quicksand. That, or I have some sandhogs destroying everything that keeps me stable.

Oh, and I remembered something. In regards to changing my jobs and everything; apparently nobody understands the context of my requests. When I ask about openings and such, I usually mean upon my leave, not while I'm setting up.

I guess with how things go; if you want something done, and done right, do it yourself. Story of my life.

EDIT:
And I just learned that XCOM is gonna be reimagined by the makers of Bioshock as a first-person shooter where you play as an FBI agent this time and not a squad of redshirts. I mean really? There better at least be an unlockable for new gamers to learn it's root by being able to play the classics then, otherwise, it's not a true XCOM game. If Starcon or Master of Orion ever get a reboot, it better stick to it's roots, otherwise... I can't think up how I'll think right now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:07:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: April 14, 2010, 12:15:38 pm »

Hey! There's lots to do in Ohio!

Yeah, you can either drive a car, drink beer, have sex, or sit around and watch TV, or a combination of them. Oh and eat fast food!
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: April 14, 2010, 12:40:46 pm »

Well, I woke up at noon again, and it seems I'm paying the price for having 2 decent days a couple days ago already. I gotta remember to sabotage my days and use my own misery like a controlled fire/demolition system. Either that, or find a better foundation for my moods, because I think where I'm basing my personality on has the foundation of quicksand. That, or I have some sandhogs destroying everything that keeps me stable.

Oh, and I remembered something. In regards to changing my jobs and everything; apparently nobody understands the context of my requests. When I ask about openings and such, I usually mean upon my leave, not while I'm setting up.

I guess with how things go; if you want something done, and done right, do it yourself. Story of my life.

EDIT:
And I just learned that XCOM is gonna be reimagined by the makers of Bioshock as a first-person shooter where you play as an FBI agent this time and not a squad of redshirts. I mean really? There better at least be an unlockable for new gamers to learn it's root by being able to play the classics then, otherwise, it's not a true XCOM game. If Starcon or Master of Orion ever get a reboot, it better stick to it's roots, otherwise... I can't think up how I'll think right now.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FBI agents? wtf happened to international secret program? I'll bet the player see's the home base maybe 2 times? xcom doesn't take place in the time pacing of an fps.

maybe it'll be good but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:48:20 pm by cganya »
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: April 14, 2010, 12:42:46 pm »

Yeah....I won't buying that. I'm not into 1st person shooters enough to care. I can see how you *could* do something with X-com and a first person game, but it's hardly a remake of the original. I suppose they'll do better then Enforcer...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: April 14, 2010, 12:52:47 pm »

Hey! There's lots to do in Ohio!

Yeah, you can either drive a car, drink beer, have sex, or sit around and watch TV, or a combination of them. Oh and eat fast food!

I'm actually going TO Ohio to do stuff. It's got the best paintball field in the midwest. There's also all sorts of stuff outdoors, especially in the spring and summer.

Surely people must have done something in the days before cars, TV, fast food, and mass-produced beer, no?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: April 14, 2010, 12:57:21 pm »

Yeah, they drank whiskey and had sex.

Actually, Dayton has some motorsports I'm interested in, the main problem with stuff to do in Ohio is money. I'm always open for suggestions though
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: April 14, 2010, 12:59:33 pm »

Surely people must have done something in the days before cars, TV, fast food, and mass-produced beer, no?

And this is why my grandparents had like 40 siblings between the 4 of them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: April 14, 2010, 01:00:30 pm »

Look just where you're posting Solfuge. I bet this place is full of people that don't get out much like me.

And about the new X-Com... Why all the whining? If it's good or does well that's more chance for a more traditional entry in the series and if not there won't be anymore.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: April 14, 2010, 01:15:39 pm »

Look just where you're posting Solfuge. I bet this place is full of people that don't get out much like me.

And about the new X-Com... Why all the whining? If it's good or does well that's more chance for a more traditional entry in the series and if not there won't be anymore.

True...I guess it's just disappointment. It'd be like an FPS version of Master of Magic or Star Control. Doesn't mean the game will be bad but it's also not what I've been waiting for. I had a similar reaction to Fallout 3, and after playing it my opinion is the same. It's a decent game, and not even a bad Fallout game, it's just not the *kind* of game that I really enjoy playing so it's a disappointment.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: April 14, 2010, 01:19:42 pm »

I just never got why people can't just... Act that way about things. I mean yeah you liked the old one and this is different but really does it have to be so obnoxious? It's bad enough that NMA has pretty much honestly ruined the perception of the fallout community with that crap.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: April 14, 2010, 01:25:33 pm »

Eh, I think it's just this forum's pasttime to crap all over any new game using an old license.  I don't even like reading most Other Games threads any more for all the three-cords-and-the-truth elitism that goes on.

Now, an FPS made from the X-COM license by a developer with no relation to the originals does have the obvious echo of the mind bogglingly bad X-COM: Enforcer.  So it's not without merit.  But I'll check it out; as said, anything that gets the license some attention again.

Sad today, sad today...  Actually, I've been having a pretty good week.  I am sad that I might not graduate this year like I've been dying to, just because I know what a lazy ass I am.  I guess I could say I'm sad today because I have no idea what to do with my facial hair, and I never have, and I'm going to have this damn face-scalp the rest of my life.  And I'm invited to a hot, academic achievement dinner tonight, and I want to pick up some smart chicks.  I need to be suave dammit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: April 14, 2010, 01:28:37 pm »

I forgot who I was yesterday for a couple of hours, as well as the identities of everyone around me =(  Then Rosewood tried to hug me and I went into super-flipout mode (because I'd apparently decided that he was a total stranger) and ended up babbling what was apparently nonsense for two hours straight while I tried to get my brain back online.

Oh, well.  Psychiatrist thinks I'm just depressed, which would be nice.  Hopefully I'll be able to get this all cleared up, soon.  It's only been a week, after all.

First goal: become happy enough that I no longer have trouble recognizing people.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: April 14, 2010, 01:30:24 pm »

Granted, I am a total nerd, and am not averse to spending my evening in the dark of my room, typing away and watching pixels, but there is never any excuse for "not having anything to do" except for being too lazy to look. It costs next to nothing to grab a charcoal and a sketch pad and take a hike in the woods and try to sketch images of local land, birds, or plant life. You can go fishing with a friend, take a bike ride, rent a book from the library, grab some instruments and have a jam session, go to the Salvation Army or a Garage Sale and get some broken lamps or appliances, and some parts and try to fix them up, look up and try to learn some new recepies and cook them for your family and friends, build a rube-goldberg machine that ends in dumping a cup of molten thermite on a cinder block, film it, and put it on the web... anything.

Or you can convince yourself that there's nothing to do, because you'd rather complain. But that's not going to be terribly fun.

I guess I could say I'm sad today because I have no idea what to do with my facial hair, and I never have, and I'm going to have this damn face-scalp the rest of my life.  And I'm invited to a hot, academic achievement dinner tonight, and I want to pick up some smart chicks.  I need to be suave dammit.

I had a goatee for a while. Gradually progressed to something smaller. If you want to look Suave, you've got to look like you spend some time on it, but not too much.

For inspiration, check out the web for some beard databases. I fussed over my beard when I discovered that, try as I might, I couldn't get a full goatee to fill in, so I opted for a cross between a goatee and a soul-patch.

Good luck, and godspeed.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 8167