Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486394 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4380 on: April 13, 2010, 09:41:59 pm »

Heeey... Matt where did you go? You're really late...

And if it turns out this dizzyness is psychosomatic then I dunno.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: April 13, 2010, 10:56:31 pm »

oh man i just wasted a whole afternoon on tv tropes, god damn that site and it's interesting walls of text. compounded by the fact that i didn't get anything done this morning, I wasted a day >.<

I wanted to get started on my next x-com lp story post but that's not really gonna happen tonight.

speaking of nightmares, maybe it was video games desensitizing me, maybe it's my imaginary role model being fearless, maybe I'm just awesome but nightmares never scare me. I can be startled, concerned but never terrified. I used to fantasize about typical horror stories becoming real so I could make use of this quality (silent hill for example). So far all it's useful for is being unaffected by nightmares, having no fear of amusement rides and having no fear of people.

its strange but I usually have no effective will in dreams. I can't stop myself from doing things, like I'm automatically following a script every time, nightmare or not. maybe this is a byproduct of relying on instinct more than normal (for navigating, profiling people, playing poker, etc.)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:26 pm »

If these problems had come one at a time, I could handle them, but not all at once.  First is work.  My hours went up, which most people would kill for, but on the other hand, I'm becoming less of a person and more of an automoton that activates for a 1 hour preparation, 7 hours of hard work, 1 hour cooldown, then the remaining hours are shutdown and recovery.  The all important question of "what will you do with your life" is like a cruel joke now, I may have a job and money now, but any attempt to do something productive in addition to work will only bring me closer to the brink of mental exhaustion.

Then there's LA Fitness.  If you search LA Fitness, you'll find their site... and two entries down, an entire site devoted to customer complaints about attempting to cancel with LA Fitness.  I am canceling my membership with LA Fitness tomorrow, and the last thing I need is to deal with rampant stupidity on a corporate scale.  I get enough of that at work!  And then there's World of Warcraft.  I bought a Battle Chest on a whim, and I'm hoping to get a Scroll of Resurrection from a friend.  After three days of patching, I texted my friend to send it.  She had her boyfriend send one instead, and after it refused to send with just my character name and realm, I had them use my email and real name.  And of course, it's day 2 now and still no scroll in my in-box.  I'm annoyed, and also nervous.  I like these two friends of mine, but when life decides that anything I try to do needs to fail a lot more, these friends will blame me and talk about it behind my back.  With some of the people I've made friends with... it's like they want me to hang out with them, as long as I don't ask them to cooperate.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4383 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:36 am »

oh man i just wasted a whole afternoon on tv tropes, god damn that site and it's interesting walls of text. compounded by the fact that i didn't get anything done this morning, I wasted a day >.<

I wanted to get started on my next x-com lp story post but that's not really gonna happen tonight.

speaking of nightmares, maybe it was video games desensitizing me, maybe it's my imaginary role model being fearless, maybe I'm just awesome but nightmares never scare me. I can be startled, concerned but never terrified. I used to fantasize about typical horror stories becoming real so I could make use of this quality (silent hill for example). So far all it's useful for is being unaffected by nightmares, having no fear of amusement rides and having no fear of people.

its strange but I usually have no effective will in dreams. I can't stop myself from doing things, like I'm automatically following a script every time, nightmare or not. maybe this is a byproduct of relying on instinct more than normal (for navigating, profiling people, playing poker, etc.)
Here's a nightmare: Wake up in your dream to a GCS licking your face like a happy dog. The only comforting thing to consider is that it's tame, but still, to wake up to a house with a cluster of eyes and giant mandibles wake you up by licking your face... :shudder:. Tame or not, get that sucker away from me. It's bad enough they sound like a stampede when they run.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: April 14, 2010, 02:58:55 am »

My nightmares are all so goddamn petty, to anyone else thaey wouldn't seem scary at all, possibly happy.

But thanks to my good old friend depression, with a side dose of crazy, these dreams have me in a cold sweat, refusing to go back to sleep.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: April 14, 2010, 04:08:50 am »

I figure that the Giant cave spider is just distracting you while it lays its eggs in your kidneys... But the scary bit is that if there is a GCS there then you must be in DF, and as a human in close proximity to a GCS you are probably a trader. Better check your ears to be sure you aren't an elf...

Actually, a pet GCS wouldn't be too far fetched for an elf, so it turns out that you are an expendable soldier that eats people and rides a spider, could be worse...

Should I be sad about thinking this?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: April 14, 2010, 04:16:05 am »

I got a bulky metal lunchbox thrown directly at my head today... The fact that if I hadn't turned my head the corner would have hit me in the EYE, and that some guy went "Hurrhurrdurr fag got hit by da lunchbox" afterwards makes me sad...
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: April 14, 2010, 06:31:00 am »

One of my friends apparently got arrested, that sucks.
Shoes...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: April 14, 2010, 07:12:11 am »

One of my friends apparently got arrested, that sucks.

For?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:14 am »

Hunting domestic cats.  I knew he was doing something retarded with cats, but jeez.

The maximum sentence is apparently 360 days and such and such in fines, I hope he gets off easier than that though.
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:12 am »

What. That's just such a stupid infantile thing to do.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: April 14, 2010, 07:34:08 am »

It's Ohio, nothing else to do.  That's why we have so many astronauts, the only way to escape Ohio is to leave the Earth.
Shoes...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: April 14, 2010, 07:36:16 am »

I wish the best for your friend D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: April 14, 2010, 08:42:21 am »

Hunting domestic cats.  I knew he was doing something retarded with cats, but jeez.

The maximum sentence is apparently 360 days and such and such in fines, I hope he gets off easier than that though.
I give him kudos.  Sometimes people just won't keep their darn cats and their poop to themselves.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: April 14, 2010, 09:42:04 am »

I give him kudos.  Sometimes people just won't keep their darn cats and their poop to themselves.

I'd give him a number of things other than kudos, but I don't think that any measure of jail time will help him to understand why that's cruel, childish, and generally f-ed up. Here's hoping that he gets a minimal sentance at best, and that the experience at least disuades him from moronic antics like that in the future.

I was getting ready to cook a pot of soup last night, turned on the burner to let it heat up with the pan of water on it, and ducked to the back to take care of something. After maybe a minute, I started to hear metalic snapping pings comming from the kitchen, but didn't think much of them until I eventually went back into the kitchen.

Apparently, I'd turned on the wrong burner, and my tea kettle had warped and turned brownish-gold. I got it to the sink using a sponge to pick it up (the metal was almost glowing hot) and exposed it first to hot water, then to cold. Apparently, the base had gotten warped enough that it now leaked water, and nasty metal fumes were spreading all over the apartment.

It was a nice tea kettle, and I'd gotten it as a gift. I'm a bit bummed.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 8167