Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477940 times)

Godwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.slaythedwarves.org
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4290 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's my load of angsty bullocks. Read it or don't. I really hope you read it, because I want someone to know what it's like to be me.

I just want someone to know what I see and not let it make them depressed, or scared, or angry. I just want to be accepted for what I am and not feel like an abomination.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: April 12, 2010, 04:51:25 am »

I feel your pain - I share similar feelings of self-loathing, though different in that I know they are generated from myself.

Keep on trucking. I don't know why yet myself, but do it anyway.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

The Eviscerator of Gods

• Bay Watcher
  • Britannia's finest* paladin**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: April 12, 2010, 04:53:48 am »

the fact that everyone is worse then me makes me sad :(
Tom Cruise never had sex w/ his wife that baby's an alien from Xenu.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: April 12, 2010, 04:56:40 am »

Every time someone tries to inject humor into this thread, it drains away so quickly as to be depressing. Props for trying though, I appreciate it.

The Eviscerator of Gods

• Bay Watcher
  • Britannia's finest* paladin**
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: April 12, 2010, 05:01:08 am »

who's trying to be funny here, all of you people make me want to hang myself, why can't you be as happy as me?
Tom Cruise never had sex w/ his wife that baby's an alien from Xenu.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: April 12, 2010, 05:04:13 am »

Oh!

I'm sorry, I thought you were making a joke about being the best person in the whole world. Yeah, it brings you down a bit doesn't it, how bad off some people are? Worst bit's knowing that you really can't do much from your monitor, which is admittedly a small gripe but I feel guilty for not helping you guys out more because I really can't relate. Occasionally you can help people though, and it's the best feeling in the world. Thank you to those who gave me this feeling.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: April 12, 2010, 05:08:20 am »

This is the sad thread, I guess the main point is to project things that make you sad. I don't think it's meant to be funny, unless someone is blatantly trying to be.

Some people seem to use this as a temporary 'Oh no this day has been less satisfying as normal but I can accept the bad things as part of the silliness of it all' and some use it as a very sobering 'My life is slowly spiraling downwards'

With the latter being in the attempting to remedy the situation variety and the just letting everyone know variety.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: April 12, 2010, 05:09:45 am »

Add to my list of woes: A younger sister (14 years of age) ran away from home 3 weeks ago, refusing to go to boarding school. Since then, tensions have only increased, and damn near everyone has gotten involved in some way, including Woman's Refuge(!?). Now, the sister has practically disowned us, and is living with a friend and her amazingly vapid parents. They even tried to re-enroll her at the school we had specifically taken her out of because it was so terrible, stating that 'They were worried about the state of her education' Hello? Send her back to the school she's meant to be attending then, instead of bending over to meet her every wish!

Another friend's dad, who actually has a brain, tried to organise a meeting to sort things out. Sister refuses to talk however, and the meeting appears to have fallen through, as we can't contact the dad. My hopes were raised by a phone call this evening, but it was the vapid dad, complaining about having to look after the child he had willingly taken in against the parents wishes.

So much rage. I haven't talked to my sister in any way for 3 weeks. Nice to know you care about us sis.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: April 12, 2010, 05:12:05 am »

Goddamn. Vapid Dad sounds like a dickhead, don't take any shit from him.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: April 12, 2010, 05:32:11 am »

So, I've been thinking about hanging myself. The fast kind with snapping neck, not the slowly suffocating style. According to some 1920's hanger, my weight would take about an eight foot drop.

That's my backup plan if it gets worse.
The 'fun' part though is that I'm not in an especially bad situation or anything.
It's just that, call it too much Nietzsche and Black Metal, if you want, I don't see any point in life, or, at least, nothing living for. Right now it's a boring mass of grey I could leave if I want. However, I do not want to leave behind my only real and best friend and my family.

So, what the hell. If I'll ever write a death note, I'll write in it that I was not depressed, but englightened.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: April 12, 2010, 07:10:38 am »

So, I've been thinking about hanging myself. The fast kind with snapping neck, not the slowly suffocating style. According to some 1920's hanger, my weight would take about an eight foot drop.

That's my backup plan if it gets worse.
The 'fun' part though is that I'm not in an especially bad situation or anything.
It's just that, call it too much Nietzsche and Black Metal, if you want, I don't see any point in life, or, at least, nothing living for. Right now it's a boring mass of grey I could leave if I want. However, I do not want to leave behind my only real and best friend and my family.

So, what the hell. If I'll ever write a death note, I'll write in it that I was not depressed, but englightened.

This is the time where i should say something like, "DON'T TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT!!" but I'm not because I know full well what your thinking and I'm thinking the same thing. But hanging yourself? that seems painful. plus it wont protect against zombieitis.

oh, and don't kill yourself.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:49 am »

Yeah, try and get the most out of this life before diving headlong into the next. I mean, no matter what you believe about the afterlife, there will always be a chance of you getting screwed over in ways we can't comprehend, because we don't know what's out there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: April 12, 2010, 07:14:20 am »

I'm reminded of the Calvin and Hobbes where Calvin wants to buy a Satan worshipping, suicide advocating metal album, and his mom helpfully reminds him that the people in those albums haven't committed suicide (Except that one guy), and it's just an image.
Shoes...

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: April 12, 2010, 07:16:50 am »

Yeah, try and get the most out of this life before diving headlong into the next. I mean, no matter what you believe about the afterlife, there will always be a chance of you getting screwed over in ways we can't comprehend, because we don't know what's out there.

It's not that I believe in an afterlife. I'm just profoundely bored.
Also, Cthulhu, Black Metal artists murder and suicide pretty often compared to other genres.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: April 12, 2010, 07:35:04 am »

Isn't there far more to Japanese culture as a whole than schoolgirls? Isn't that kind of a misrepresentation, like advertising Russian Culture by sending out a bunch of guys with big mustaches and furry hats with the hammer and sickle on them, along with posters decrying the debauchery of the upper class?

I'd totally join Russian Club if it was advertised that way. Especially if they added vodka.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 8167