Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477151 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4260 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:10 pm »

"do math textbooks count?"

... I don't know why this fills me with rage, but god it does.
I'm also writing a novel.

I know ... the annoying part is that he doesn't even understand.  I've wanted to do this since I was a little kid, it's important to me, and I know that if I got angry at him he wouldn't understand why I'm so pissed off (or, at the least, he'd never concede that I was right).

It's not really worth it.  I think he's getting back at me for hurting him, so if he's going to take potshots, then by golly he can take potshots.  It's just when he has no reason to take them that I'm going to get pissed, because then he deserves my full wrath.

To be honest, some part of me ends up wondering if he's envious.

I think there is something wrong with me. I am enjoying doing math.

Oh no! Quick, find a way to cover it up! Don't let the cool kids find out!

Quick!  Get a velvet cape and a fedora!  Surely that will help!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:56 pm »

You'd better not have been joking. Fedoras could increase the coolness factor of a slug.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: April 11, 2010, 09:50:44 pm »

You'd better not have been joking. Fedoras could increase the coolness factor of a slug.

This is true.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »

... There's a reason why when you see "a flamboyantly dressed individual" at my university, you end up guessing "okay, either math major or theater."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:22 pm »

God Damnit internet!

Why in Gods name can i not find a picture of a slug with a fedora!?!?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

... There's a reason why when you see "a flamboyantly dressed individual" at my university, you end up guessing "okay, either math major or theater."

Yeah, well, fedoras kick several different kinds of ass. That's the point I was making.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

I better get my Yo-Yo to hide my nerdiness from the cool kids.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: April 11, 2010, 09:55:59 pm »

No Cow!

It only accentuate it!
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:53 pm »

No Cow!

It only accentuate it!

Yeah, come on.  Everyone knows it's all about the pogs and slinkies, dude!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: April 11, 2010, 09:59:24 pm »

It's about being utterly stoic and boring or utterly moronic and butchering the English language.

That's what cool is at my school. This is not a good thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: April 11, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

It's about being utterly stoic and boring or utterly moronic and butchering the English language.

... Are you serious?  The last time I knew what cool was, I was in elementary school and it involved having more expensive stickers than the other girls.

I also think you weren't supposed to sit at the boy's lunch table or play handball, but I'm not so certain about that one.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: April 11, 2010, 10:02:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

close enough, pretty cute though
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: April 11, 2010, 10:04:28 pm »

I know. There's meaning in this thought of mine somewhere, but I haven't the mind to articulate it at the moment.
Story of my life.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: April 11, 2010, 10:09:07 pm »

... Are you serious?  The last time I knew what cool was, I was in elementary school and it involved having more expensive stickers than the other girls.

I also think you weren't supposed to sit at the boy's lunch table or play handball, but I'm not so certain about that one.

Actually, to be honest, I don't know. Socially, my school is a nightmare if you're the kind of person who wants black and white cliques or similar. There's people in large groups who just hang around and use words like "hozziiiii" instead of hello or "probs" or "prubzez" instead of probably but nobody outside of their group seems to give a fuck about them. Then there's everyone else, who just... mingle, I guess. I like nerdy things, I could probably be constituted as a dork or nerd or something but the only people in the school who don't like me are the ones everyone thinks are flaming retards. I know some people are ostracized (ain't that always that way?) but it's mostly because they're unique in that they either flip out a lot, are fragile emotionally to the point that you can't have a normal conversation with them without them going nuts or breaking down, or something else that actively drives people away.

There are no jocks, no nerd groups, no thespian groups...

It's insane! Everything 50s highschool coming-of-age movies taught me is a lie.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: April 11, 2010, 10:19:35 pm »

At my school, cliques are defined by extracurriculars and how you balance them. If you aren't in any, or have an equal amount of sports and 'nerd groups', then you have a 0 and can chill with everything. If you drop the sport and become a 1, then the extreme end of the sports groups will not be cool with you, and the 'nerd' end will be cooler to you. If you drop the 'nerd' activity and keep the sport, the extreme end of the 'nerd' group is no longer cool to you and the sports end gets cooler to you.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 8167