Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476625 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4230 on: April 11, 2010, 04:28:13 am »

By family, I meant immediate family.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: April 11, 2010, 08:34:48 am »

*knocks on wood*
Confused poster syndrome.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: April 11, 2010, 10:48:59 am »

I gotno idea what yougu ys are all going on about.

Who did wha?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: April 11, 2010, 10:52:45 am »

*knocks on wood*
Confused poster syndrome.
If you're confused about what he meant by that, knocking on wood is an old superstition pertaining to it being lucky.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: April 11, 2010, 02:04:16 pm »

More specifically, you knock on wood to prevent something bad that you just mentioned, often in "I hope it doesn't..." form.

'"I sure hope it doesn't rain."
*knock on wood.'

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: April 11, 2010, 04:29:45 pm »

Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children sucks. :(
There's no food later in the game. You start off with level 1 farming and you get to fish, but eventually the ocean gets alginated and the village complains about the grossness and won't fish. Upgrading to farming 2 lets you farm and collect coconuts. The coconuts run out quickly and you need building level 2 to farm. If you do get building level 2 and start to farm, parrots will eat ALL THE CROPS before they can be harvested. I haven't learned the secret to building a scareparrot.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: April 11, 2010, 04:36:27 pm »

I've recently watched Rock Horror again.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: April 11, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

Those math jokes are awesome! :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: April 11, 2010, 05:18:55 pm »

There's no food later in the game. You start off with level 1 farming and you get to fish, but eventually the ocean gets alginated and the village complains about the grossness and won't fish. Upgrading to farming 2 lets you farm and collect coconuts. The coconuts run out quickly and you need building level 2 to farm. If you do get building level 2 and start to farm, parrots will eat ALL THE CROPS before they can be harvested. I haven't learned the secret to building a scareparrot.
I think there's a way to get rid of the algae in the ocean, but eventually the only real way to get food is to have your chief magically create it. The first Virtual Villagers was much better.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: April 11, 2010, 05:30:48 pm »

I may be on the verge of failing a course right now.  It's an Introductory Biology online "lecture", fulfilling the core science requirement for non-science majors.  There are several problems with this.

1) Being online and "take at your own pace" my lazy ass missed a bunch of quizzes and deadlines.  My grade is basically riding on the graders not giving a shit about due-dates.

2) The course material is both rambling and ridiculously detail specific, which the exams then follow in turn.  I can kind of cheat by googling the questions and answer choices during the tests, but...

3a) There's quite a few questions that cover (in ridiculous detail) stuff that the "textbook" never mentioned.
3b) There's quite a few questions where several of the answers are technically right, but one of them is "correct" with no indication of which to go on.
3c) There's quite a few questions where every answer is technically wrong, but one of them is magically correct by way of the stoned professor who wrote this not giving a shit.
3d) There's quite a few questions where one of the answers is probably right, but are either obscured with egregious typos, or just plain encoded to the wrong answer.

4) I'm in no standing to complain about any of this, because of that aforementioned "doing all the quizzes late" problem.

I really don't want to have to do this shit again, and certainly not pay for it again.  I already found out that Spanish course I "passed" with a D didn't really count as a pass.  Fuck do I just want to graduate already.  I'm so damn close...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: April 11, 2010, 05:47:14 pm »

I realized there's no way I will catch up with the DF General Discusion subforum, that was the last of the upper forums i managed to follow...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: April 11, 2010, 05:51:34 pm »

I was making toaster strudels and I accidentally cut the icing packets in half, along with cutting open the bottom of my finger. They were still delicious though.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: April 11, 2010, 05:53:44 pm »

I think there's a way to get rid of the algae in the ocean, but eventually the only real way to get food is to have your chief magically create it. The first Virtual Villagers was much better.
Yeah, farming 3 let's you get algae eaters, I believe.
Also, I'm playing The Lost Children because I've already solved all the puzzles of A New Home.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: April 11, 2010, 05:54:04 pm »

I realized there's no way I will catch up with the DF General Discusion subforum, that was the last of the upper forums i managed to follow...

I feel your pain man.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: April 11, 2010, 05:55:37 pm »

I still pop in from time to time but... I need to experience this on my own, you know? It's something I have to do.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 8167