Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476034 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4200 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »

A bit of a tangent, but I was hoping for some hot sine on cosine action.

For some reason that reminded me of this...
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/022703/gang-sines.gif
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 10, 2010, 04:30:52 pm »

Wait untill you take/remember pre-calc then.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 10, 2010, 05:03:16 pm »

I've noticed more recently that I have a uncontrollable want for conversation with someone, yet each time I converse with someone I piss them off or make them sad. Also because of this, I have a need to make the conversation keep going on. Even when it's obviously died.

So seeing as I have few actual friends and have a hate list the size of the earth, I believe that i'll continue to be  sociopath.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 10, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

She is Vector, ye of little faith.

SHE CAN DO ANYTHING.
Aye! She'll just MATH her way past evry and any obstacle!

Quote from: chaoticag link=topic=43236.msg1154517#msg1154517  date=1270933756
There will be  pictures (of the cranes, not the mathematics).
A bit of a  tangent, but I was hoping for some hot sine on cosine action.
Actualy, that'd be rather hilarius. And hawt.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »

There will be pictures (of the cranes, not the mathematics).
A bit of a tangent, but I was hoping for some hot sine on cosine action.

... *groan*  ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 10, 2010, 08:49:14 pm »

I for one accept math jokes.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: April 10, 2010, 08:50:34 pm »

And i reject them.

Sadly, they will never cease.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:11 pm »

I for one accept math jokes.

I accept them!  They're awesome... but good god, do they make for terrible puns.

Especially the one about the simple Pole in a complex plane.  That one is horrible.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 10, 2010, 08:52:41 pm »

Especially the one about the simple Pole in a complex plane.  That one is horrible.

I don't even know the joke, but it's pretty easy to puzzle out.  I'm already chuckling, just at the cleverness of the elements involved.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 10, 2010, 08:53:50 pm »

Math jokes are awesome.
Second only to spess mahreens.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 10, 2010, 08:54:21 pm »

What's a polar bear?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 10, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »

I don't even know the joke, but it's pretty easy to puzzle out.  I'm already chuckling, just at the cleverness of the elements involved.

A bunch of Polish mathematicians decided to flee their repressive government by hijacking an airliner and forcing the pilot to fly them to a western country. They drove to the airport, forced their way on board a large passenger jet, and found there was no pilot on board. Terrified, they listened as the airport sirens rang out. Finally, one of the mathematicians suggested that since he studied applications, he would try to fly the aircraft.

He sat down at the controls and tried to figure them out. The sirens got louder and louder. Armed men surrounded the jet. The would-be pilot's friends cried out, "Please, please take off now! Hurry!" He calmly replied, "Have patience. I'm just a simple Pole in a complex plane."

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:21 pm »

An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician, and a statistician are all staying at a hotel. In the middle of the night the engineer wakes up to find that his trashcan is on fire. He runs to the sink, fills his ice bucket with water and douses the flames. Then, just to be sure, he runs back to the sink, refills the bucket and dumps more water into the trashcan. With the fire out, he goes back to sleep.

A little while later, the trashcan in the physist's room spontaneously breaks into flame, waking the physicist. He whips out his slide rule, does some calculations, then runs to the sink, fills his bucket with exactly .75 liters of water, and douses the flames. Having put out the fire, he goes back to sleep.

A few minutes later, the mathematician wakes up to see that his trashcan is on fire. He whips out a piece of paper, scrawls out some equations, then goes back to sleep, comfortable that a solution exists.

Meanwhile, the statistician is running from room to room lighting trashcans on fire -- he needed more samples.
Awesome.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: April 10, 2010, 10:23:11 pm »

That is one of the best math jokes I have ever heard. :D
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 10, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »

An engineer, a physicist and a mathematician find themselves in an anecdote, indeed an anecdote quite similar to many that you have no doubt already heard. After some observations and rough calculations the engineer realizes the situation and starts laughing. A few minutes later the physicist understands too and chuckles to himself happily as he now has enough experimental evidence to publish a paper.

This leaves the mathematician somewhat perplexed, as he had observed right away that he was the subject of an anecdote, and deduced quite rapidly the presence of humor from similar anecdotes, but considers this anecdote to be too trivial a corollary to be significant, let alone funny.

There's a lot more where this one came from ;D

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 8167