Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473904 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4140 on: April 09, 2010, 01:28:55 am »

I like how you complained, and then editted your complaint to be less complainy.

I'm proud of you.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: April 09, 2010, 01:29:59 am »

I complain very little as is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: April 09, 2010, 01:31:36 am »

I know. There's meaning in this thought of mine somewhere, but I haven't the mind to articulate it at the moment.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: April 09, 2010, 02:05:48 am »

Depressed at the passing of the digital economy bill.

Welcome to corporation run Britain.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: April 09, 2010, 03:01:14 am »

Hey Shades, could you elaborate or give a linky? I like to see how the US handles things compared to other places
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: April 09, 2010, 03:18:28 am »

Hey Shades, could you elaborate or give a linky? I like to see how the US handles things compared to other places

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Economy_Bill

There is quite at lot at the ORG pages on flaws with it. 1 2 3.

For me the main problem is not just the fact a lot of the clauses are stupid but that it was pushed through parliament without much debate as everyone leaves for the elections here and so is now law. Not exactly what I expect from a democratic process.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: April 09, 2010, 03:35:39 am »

Oh brave new world...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: April 09, 2010, 04:46:31 am »

I'm am easily paranoid.
I just read the first page of "Crazy Childhood Rumors" and I didn't want to leave my seat or even look up from the screen for a few minutes. ._.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: April 09, 2010, 06:56:19 am »

* ISPs to be required to block access to sites that allow "substantial" infringement.[4]

The bill proposes further measures allowing for the "temporary suspension" of internet connections for repeat infringers of copyright following warnings from their ISP. The bill has received criticism for some of these measures

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Derail
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:47 am »

* ISPs to be required to block access to sites that allow "substantial" infringement.[4]

The bill proposes further measures allowing for the "temporary suspension" of internet connections for repeat infringers of copyright following warnings from their ISP. The bill has received criticism for some of these measures

Derail

Eh, they tried to do the same in NZ. It got shot down pretty hard.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: April 09, 2010, 09:48:34 am »

You're right Vector.

Well, it probably wont help once Vector starts leveling in Expert(Math) again, since she can get Improved Evasion (Family) for free. Of course, she'd also have to take Epic Dodge (Social Engagement), but that synergizes well with the Prestige Class she's going for.

Apparently my credit is toxic. I finally got all the loose ends tied up, and went in to get a phone/internet plan with AT&T that I've been researching for some time, but they need a deposit because of my credit.

A deposit of $450.00.

I continue to curse my last roommate, and the fact that I left all the bills in my name after I moved out. That guy is showing himself as a bigger and bigger prick even after I haven't seen him for a year.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:51:01 am by Solifuge »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: April 09, 2010, 11:19:07 am »

I know. There's meaning in this thought of mine somewhere, but I haven't the mind to articulate it at the moment.

Ok, I'm rested, and I can discern what I was thinking at the time. What I meant was that you were originally negative, but then you thought about it, decided that life isn't that bad, and then altered your opinion to reflect that. I thought that was really heartwarming, and I felt the need to comment on it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: April 09, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »

Just found out that a good friend is in the hospital, confined to horizontal bed rest for the next 2-3 months. And if all goes well, she might, *might* not lose the twins she's pregnant with. This friend already had a son who died two days shy of his 1st birthday.  :( :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: April 09, 2010, 01:38:17 pm »

Just found out that a good friend is in the hospital, confined to horizontal bed rest for the next 2-3 months. And if all goes well, she might, *might* not lose the twins she's pregnant with. This friend already had a son who died two days shy of his 1st birthday.  :( :(

oh man, that's not very good. hope things turn for the better with her.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: April 09, 2010, 02:24:35 pm »

*hugs Vector*

*hugs Armok*

Also, Vector, my mother can be something like that too. Except in my case, I managed to avoid spending time with her for months since she was too lazy to drop by my room. It's a temporary thing, and it probably won't work in your case, since it was extremely situational.

Hang in there, something like that happened to my sister, and my mother tried to perform an exorcism on her, which made her more depressed. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to you.

Don't worry, there will be no exorcisms.  The problem here is that my mother loves me and is crazy about me, but doesn't really know how to raise children, respect boundaries, or allow those children to grow up into adults.  The situation is pretty frustrating sometimes, but I think we might be slowly figuring things out.

Ugh, I see a shadow of that in my dad, who served in his countries military back when he was like 20. He holds no wish of seeing us in the military and even tried to get my brother to not do so when he was thinking about it, but the way he acts very clearly shows that he holds up to the standards of discipline and behavior as in a military situation. This gets a little worse when he figured out that the absolute worst he could do to us was threaten to leave, because as much grief as he causes the whole family loves him. To have him leave in disgust would effect us worse than him simply being abusive. And thus we threatens us with that all the time.

While I can't say I know how you feel perfectly, we are in the same ballpark. Power to ya Vector. Give her reason to be proud, even if it isn't in the way she wants it. I would hug ya if I could, and if I didn't just get back from five miles of biking in 80 degree heat.

That's the thing--she's a total pacifist who abhors war, but she always says things like "if you were in the military, then you'd have a bit more discipline!" or "if you were in the military, then you wouldn't be doing this!"  Well, there's a handful of very good reasons why I'm not in the military, as well as another flock of reasons as to why whatever troubles I'm having would not be solved by such.

And yeah, I'm going to show them all what I can do.  After I've gotten my screwy head straightened out, it'll probably be rather a lot =)  I'm looking forward to that day.

You're right Vector.

Well, it probably wont help once Vector starts leveling in Expert(Math) again, since she can get Improved Evasion (Family) for free. Of course, she'd also have to take Epic Dodge (Social Engagement), but that synergizes well with the Prestige Class she's going for.

Haha, I love this forum.  My thanks to everyone for being so kind to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 8167