Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473920 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4125 on: April 08, 2010, 11:39:17 am »

i'm no expert but it sounds like your in an abusive situation. i would suggest putting some distance between you and your mom. it doesn't sound like she is helping you at all.

Working on it.  I'm stuck at home for nine months because I got crazy enough that I couldn't handle school, and that pretty much means crazy enough that I'm not going to be able to handle a job, either.  Well, at least I can study while I'm stuck at home trying to stabilize, so I'll have an easier time of it next semester.

@Vector: As much as your mother sucks for doing that to you, I have to admit that post made me smile. Probably the D&D reference.

Hey, thanks =)  I like making people laugh, even when it comes to unhappy things.

The military is not a great place to learn discipline. This is a common misundertanding that leads to us having an army full of Ritalin-laced dropouts. That said, umm.....F*** your mom.

*hug*

Thank you.  *hug*

Bleh.  I'm going to talk to Willow today in about 3-4 hours, in the hope that she'll give me some advice on dealing with my parents.  This has to stop here.  I left a place I loved so I could make all this bullshit end, so I'm going to follow through with that.  It's over.

Addendum: Mum, living life in your model is not necessarily what I want to do.  I cannot and will not be a mini-you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 11:50:41 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: April 08, 2010, 12:07:36 pm »

*hugs Vector*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:55 pm »

For once, Armok *hugs* when it actually makes sense/isn't annoying!

You guys do know that I make up a lot of pseudonyms, right?  Also that I name people in themes (Rosewood, Aspen, Willow) and so on?  Sheez, I don't actually only make friends with trees.
From a while back, but I apparently read far too much fantasy. None of those names sounded at all odd to me until it was pointed out...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: April 08, 2010, 12:45:47 pm »

Furthermore, you had the audacity to tell me that everything that's going on is because I don't have a job--specifically, I'm not in the military.  All my problems result from a lack of discipline.  Clearly mommy knows best. 

My mom was in the army (yes, US army) (I still don't know what the fuck) and she'd always tell me I was making my bed wrong because it wasn't how they did it in the barracks or something.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:04 pm »

Looks like I missed out on a lot while getting my homework done (which is nowhere near done... with the whole moving into an appartment right before finding out that all your homework is on the internet. Nice.).

Also, Vector, my mother can be something like that too. Except in my case, I managed to avoid spending time with her for months since she was too lazy to drop by my room. It's a temporary thing, and it probably won't work in your case, since it was extremely situational.

Hang in there, something like that happened to my sister, and my mother tried to perform an exorcism on her, which made her more depressed. I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to you.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:18 pm »

Ugh, I see a shadow of that in my dad, who served in his countries military back when he was like 20. He holds no wish of seeing us in the military and even tried to get my brother to not do so when he was thinking about it, but the way he acts very clearly shows that he holds up to the standards of discipline and behavior as in a military situation. This gets a little worse when he figured out that the absolute worst he could do to us was threaten to leave, because as much grief as he causes the whole family loves him. To have him leave in disgust would effect us worse than him simply being abusive. And thus we threatens us with that all the time.

While I can't say I know how you feel perfectly, we are in the same ballpark. Power to ya Vector. Give her reason to be proud, even if it isn't in the way she wants it. I would hug ya if I could, and if I didn't just get back from five miles of biking in 80 degree heat.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: April 08, 2010, 01:45:46 pm »

My fucking headset died, grabbed crappy backup headset and its dying, so fuck it I'm running off laptop speakers which are too quiet for my tastes and means I annoy other household members.  :-X
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: April 08, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »

Furthermore, you had the audacity to tell me that everything that's going on is because I don't have a job--specifically, I'm not in the military.  All my problems result from a lack of discipline.  Clearly mommy knows best. 

My mom was in the army (yes, US army) (I still don't know what the fuck) and she'd always tell me I was making my bed wrong because it wasn't how they did it in the barracks or something.

So when kids teased you with "Your momma wears Army boots!", you could just respond, "Um. Yeah?" :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: April 08, 2010, 01:56:02 pm »

I always wanted to do that but I never got an opportunity.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: April 08, 2010, 02:05:56 pm »

You're right Vector.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: April 08, 2010, 06:19:39 pm »

My 2.B.A Master CD is scratched and PokeRAP is ruined.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: April 08, 2010, 06:38:28 pm »

Pokerap? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: April 08, 2010, 11:05:57 pm »

I'm not sad, I'm angry.  I'm angry because stupid Kongai isn't actually a card game but a massive bowl of Wine in Front of Me, and I am never on the same page as my opponent.  When I am, DURR HURR I PUT RAMDOM CHANCE IN COMPETIVE OMLINE GAEM I GOD DEVEPOLER gives me the finger.

Also, I want to play Dorfs, but I don't want to spend hours digging out the first few rooms and dealing with only having seven dwarves that can't ever get anything done and all those rocks everywhere that no one ever bothers to move and I KNOW THERE ARE ROCKS WHERE I PUT THE TRADE DEPOT JUST MOVE THEM, PANTYWASTES.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: April 08, 2010, 11:11:54 pm »

I'm not sad, I'm angry.  I'm angry because stupid Kongai isn't actually a card game but a massive bowl of Wine in Front of Me, and I am never on the same page as my opponent.  When I am, DURR HURR I PUT RAMDOM CHANCE IN COMPETIVE OMLINE GAEM I GOD DEVEPOLER gives me the finger.

Kongai? That sounds familiar... was it perchance made by Sirlin?

http://www.sirlin.net/

He's one of the biggest 'serious business' guys in the game industry, and has one of the most elitist, umoderated forums on the internet. Then again, it's been awhile since I last been there, but last time I visited it the amount of snobbery in the air was disgusting.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: April 09, 2010, 12:50:22 am »

Work is kicking my ass lately, but hey at least it could be worse.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 12:59:38 am by WorkerDrone »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 8167