Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472407 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4050 on: April 07, 2010, 01:27:29 am »

Y- WHAT?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: April 07, 2010, 01:29:04 am »

Y- WHAT?

I've spent two years watching my brain rip itself apart.  It's time to spend 3/4 of a year putting myself back together.

Basically, I know myself... and I've been in the "barely functional" region for a while now (probably four years).  My ability to hold on has almost completely disappeared.  I don't want to move from "barely functional" to "tragic," and if I keep trying to go on like this that's what's going to happen.  I am desperately in need of a break.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 01:36:51 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: April 07, 2010, 01:42:10 am »

Sounds reasonable.

Also, nobody acknowledged my kickass joke in the happy thread.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: April 07, 2010, 02:06:47 am »

I've spent two years watching my brain rip itself apart.  It's time to spend 3/4 of a year putting myself back together.

Basically, I know myself... and I've been in the "barely functional" region for a while now (probably four years).  My ability to hold on has almost completely disappeared.  I don't want to move from "barely functional" to "tragic," and if I keep trying to go on like this that's what's going to happen.  I am desperately in need of a break.

Take a year out if you need, but do go to uni. Personally I found most of uni I didn't have to turn up for anyway so you might find it less stressful than schooling as well.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: April 07, 2010, 02:22:17 am »

Take a year out if you need, but do go to uni. Personally I found most of uni I didn't have to turn up for anyway so you might find it less stressful than schooling as well.

I've been in college for 1.75 years.  I'm taking time off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: April 07, 2010, 02:49:25 am »

Sounds reasonable.

That's because you stole my thunder.

Thunder stealer. I am a Norse God and you are a mythological footnote, don't steal my thunder.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: April 07, 2010, 02:49:45 am »

Which is why I mentioned taking a year out. It's really common over here (England) often called a gap year. I'd still recommend going after your less stressed though. Stress is never a good thing.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:48 am »

Sounds reasonable.

That's because you stole my thunder.

Thunder stealer. I am a Norse God and you are a mythological footnote, don't steal my thunder.

Heh. I am the Thor, and you are Mr Wednesday.

Besides, you didn't make it. So I did. Eat me.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: April 07, 2010, 03:27:08 am »

Mmm... Tack Sandwich...

/stupid
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: April 07, 2010, 07:08:47 am »

Happy Birthday to me! Now I have to go to school... :C
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: April 07, 2010, 07:36:45 am »

Which is why I mentioned taking a year out. It's really common over here (England) often called a gap year. I'd still recommend going after your less stressed though. Stress is never a good thing.

Oh, I see.  Well, of course I'm going to go back!  There's mathematics to be done!  I just can't quite handle the pressure as I am right now, so I'm leaving mid-year with the hopes that I'll be able to stop being quite so crazy.  Of course, I'll study up on things while I'm gone ;D

The other advantage of this is no more Metric Differential Geometry, which is a shockingly large relief.

But also no more Professor Poland... at least for a while... I'd probably better write him an email.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: April 07, 2010, 07:51:16 am »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:21 am »

This is when you find out Rooster is on your class ;)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: April 07, 2010, 08:08:06 am »

Or can't fathom the idea of people being named after countries.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 8167