Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9472445 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #4035 on: April 05, 2010, 07:28:20 pm »

and a couple people who wanted to start a cult with me at the head  ::))
AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME

I suppose part of it is that you feel you've lost by looking for help.  This shouldn't be the case - you can regard it to some extent as a victory in finding what you need to feel better (I had counselling... huh, I suppose 6 years ago now).

I did think I had some kind of bipolar disorder for a while, but realised recently it was probably just random pubescant moodswings.  I try to role with it, knowing I'll probably feel completely hopeless and  useless on about one day out of every four.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:34 pm »

and a couple people who wanted to start a cult with me at the head  ::))
AND IT WOULD BE AWESOME
It could be the cult of Armok! Serve him by dropping goblins into magma on a thousand CPUs simultaneously!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: April 05, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »

Looks like I'l have to rely on the library here to get internet for the next few days. Also, no beds tonight, but hopefully that won't be an issue.

Now, Vector. I've taken a look at both, causes for depression, and bipolar disorder for a bit, since I feel that I might be at risk of both, and I have this to say.

You have a choice, it isn't much of a choice, but its a choice. Lithium is not a wonder drug, and it sounds as if your mother will certainly give you some trouble if she knows your taking it.

The choice I'd like you to consider though, is about talking to your psychologist about your mother issues. I know it is a hard thing to talk about, believe me, I know, but it might help you deal with it all. If your willing to do that much, then I'm sure it will makes things easier on you in the long run.

Secondly, I have this to say. Take care of yourself, and life will take care of you. Concentrate on getting yourself past feeling hopeless about things, and into walking straight and upright, confident about yourself. You'd be suprised by what even a little confidence can do.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: April 06, 2010, 01:49:59 am »

Well, Vector, to tell the truth, I don't find it that bad. And yes, going for a random walk at 2am is normal. Bring your friends back mcdonalds. 'My Friend Who I Talked To About This' probably doesn't have it as bad as you, but, 'He/She/It' Has the same problem with most of the stuff. To be honest, 'They' find the happiness is well worth the sadness, but we never see 'Him/Her/It' when 'They're' depressed, because they usually just go into their room for most of it, and catch up on the eating later. Fortunately 'They' are that kind of BiPolar (Can't remember the name) Which means that their happiness outweighs their sadness by a fair bit, but it's still a problem when 'They' get hurt doing something stupid, because the risks just aren't thought of at that time. Still managed to make some money off a bet because 'They' thought that if 'They' thought hard enough about it, 'They' could fly. We said 'He/She/It' wouldn't jump. Heh.
But yeah, if you feel that you Need medication, then go ahead and use it, seriously. They exist for the reason because there are people with a bad enough case that it's necessary, so with your case, this is entirely possible.

Oh, and on a sad note... Though it's pretty out of context, and a dramatic change. I found out something today which has more or less ruined my plans for life. Well, that originally. But more or less ruined my chances of a good, or comfortable life.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: April 06, 2010, 02:06:06 am »

Well, Vector, to tell the truth, I don't find it that bad. And yes, going for a random walk at 2am is normal
Something awesome happening to me once. 12PM, midnight, I start talking with my friend on a chat program of sorts. we talk for 6-7 hours, and then he jumps out with the idea that I come to him. I say sure, and we hang out for some time, going to a shopping centre, and such.
At 10 AM I was VERY tired. You'd need a shovel to wipe me from the floor.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: April 06, 2010, 08:19:04 am »

You have a choice, it isn't much of a choice, but its a choice. Lithium is not a wonder drug, and it sounds as if your mother will certainly give you some trouble if she knows your taking it.

The choice I'd like you to consider though, is about talking to your psychologist about your mother issues. I know it is a hard thing to talk about, believe me, I know, but it might help you deal with it all. If your willing to do that much, then I'm sure it will makes things easier on you in the long run.

Secondly, I have this to say. Take care of yourself, and life will take care of you. Concentrate on getting yourself past feeling hopeless about things, and into walking straight and upright, confident about yourself. You'd be suprised by what even a little confidence can do.

No, my mom and I have talked some.  She sort of understands.  I'm withdrawing from the rest of this semester and the next while I stabilize, since I honestly just can't do this anymore and things are getting worse fast.

I'll certainly be seeing a psychologist during that time, and I'll certainly talk to him/her/bot about my crazy super-paranoid mother.  As for the self-confidence, I'm working on it.  It'll be easier once I've gotten past this current strip of insomnia and whatnot.

Well, Vector, to tell the truth, I don't find it that bad. And yes, going for a random walk at 2am is normal. Bring your friends back mcdonalds. 'My Friend Who I Talked To About This' probably doesn't have it as bad as you, but, 'He/She/It' Has the same problem with most of the stuff. To be honest, 'They' find the happiness is well worth the sadness, but we never see 'Him/Her/It' when 'They're' depressed, because they usually just go into their room for most of it, and catch up on the eating later. Fortunately 'They' are that kind of BiPolar (Can't remember the name) Which means that their happiness outweighs their sadness by a fair bit, but it's still a problem when 'They' get hurt doing something stupid, because the risks just aren't thought of at that time. Still managed to make some money off a bet because 'They' thought that if 'They' thought hard enough about it, 'They' could fly. We said 'He/She/It' wouldn't jump. Heh.
But yeah, if you feel that you Need medication, then go ahead and use it, seriously. They exist for the reason because there are people with a bad enough case that it's necessary, so with your case, this is entirely possible.

Oh, and on a sad note... Though it's pretty out of context, and a dramatic change. I found out something today which has more or less ruined my plans for life. Well, that originally. But more or less ruined my chances of a good, or comfortable life.

Thanks, Tack, and I'm sorry for yelling at you.  In this area, though, going for a walk at any time when it's dark is a distinctly bad idea: it's like the hippie capital of the US, or something, which means more drugged out homeless people than you can throw a rock at.  This is especially applicable when you're alone and female, since there's been a lot of sexual harassment problems and issues with guys being attacked and beaten.

I don't end up happy so much as "happy + easy to enrage," which is not exactly the same thing... and for me, no amount of ecstasy would be worth this kind of depression.  I've been the normal sort of depressed for a good long time, and that's manageable.  This is the really horrible kind, and I'm hoping I'll be able to say farewell to it forever soon.

... I just want this to be over and done with.  With any luck, it will end and I'll be able to think my way out of a paper bag again.

How can you not be able to get a good or comfortable life, though, Tack?  I mean, you seem young-ish, so... what could possibly ruin your future so absolutely?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: April 06, 2010, 11:27:29 am »

Severe thunderstorm/tornado warning. This puts a dampner on my plans to get stuff done this afternoon.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: April 06, 2010, 11:49:47 am »

I'm already ugly (or at least, that's what they tell me).  I have AS.  I speak in a flat tone of voice, am underweight, and have tics.  I stutter.  I dress poorly.  I hunch over, I rock, I speak incomprehensibly (better recently, I'm happy to say), I hop around and skip through the halls.  I'm violent.  I'm arrogant.  I'm clumsy.  I drop things and run into walls.  I constantly get lost.  I'm prone to fits of rage and cry when people change schedules on me too quickly.  Same thing for loud noises.  I don't like being touched.

So you know what?  I'm not really expecting anyone to love me, ever.  It'd be nice if someone did, but I'm not expecting it.  I'm expecting to die cold, alone, and friendless on a pile of proofs.  It's what I've expected my entire life, and I imagine it's what I'll end up getting.  That's not the concern--and it makes me sad sometimes, but not really depressed.

I don't give a shit about the ecstatic happiness, since it doesn't do me any good.  I end up happy for no reason, knowing I'm happy for no reason, and ending up needing to eat some 5 meals a day.  I can't sleep.  I'm irritable and bored with everything, and convinced that I'm some kind of messiah.  I hide that, of course, since it's arrogant.  It's delusional.  I walk through the math library, giddy, thinking that every textbook was written by all those great men just for me.  I laugh my way down the street.  I feel antsy and energetic, like I've been drinking caffeine all day.  It's a mental explosion.  But you know what?  It's there, and I sure as hell want it to go away... and no, it's not going away on its own. 
You just described me two years ago.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:13:58 pm by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: April 06, 2010, 12:42:55 pm »

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am witty, charming, and the pinnacle of both manliness and intellect.

I'm also entirely not serious. Still, talking yourself lower does no one any good, unless the goal is to evoke sympathy or pity. Even in that case, it doesn't do any good. Better to focus on strengths, and look on less strong areas as things to improve on.

I'm sad that I totally fumbled through a simple logic puzzle, spending close to an hour and a half on it, and then after all that answered it wrong.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: April 06, 2010, 12:58:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: April 06, 2010, 01:11:31 pm »

... This is one of those old "Einstein matrix problems" (I mean that he wrote a particularly famous one.  They all have the same solution style) they give out in elementary school/discrete math textbooks for the purpose of training logical reasoning.  If I have time later, I'll do the picture and scan it in.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: April 06, 2010, 01:20:27 pm »

Oh, I know how to solve it. I just had a logical fallacy, and lept to a conclusion I couldn't have. Since I think graphically, I drew it out on a 5x5 grid, and listed all the knowns, and put the comparative laws next to it.

I'm bummed that I screwed up though, when even I can recognize it's relatively simple to solve. :/

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: April 06, 2010, 09:10:24 pm »

I borrowed an art book from a friend and now I have to either scan about fifty pages of stuff or only use it today.
Such a horrible dilemma.
Compared to the rest of my life.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: April 06, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: April 07, 2010, 01:19:23 am »

Okay, I have a solution.  I'll scan it in tomorrow after I finish my withdrawal.

Oh god, I'm actually withdrawing from university.  My parents don't seem to believe me when I say I'm going back.

Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 8167