Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473038 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3975 on: April 03, 2010, 07:55:59 pm »

I figured out who most of them were, but please, elaborate.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: April 03, 2010, 08:18:07 pm »

Noooo...
That ruins the guesswork and FUN.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: April 03, 2010, 10:44:02 pm »

I am sad because I can't easily decide if I want to be noticed...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: April 03, 2010, 11:08:40 pm »

I am sad because I can't easily decide if I want to be noticed...

BE NOTICED BE CRAZY.  BIG SISTER IS WATCHING YOU.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: April 03, 2010, 11:10:56 pm »

Be naked be public.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: April 03, 2010, 11:20:03 pm »

Be the Crazy. Be the one that is You.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3981 on: April 03, 2010, 11:45:13 pm »

Don't be the Crazy we believe in, be the Crazy you believe in.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: April 03, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »

WTF WALLS OF TEXT.
Okay, Itnetlolor. You. Cheer up. Or else.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: April 04, 2010, 12:03:50 am »

But crazy isn't fun if it is forced, it needs to flow, like a tidal wave over little baby sta-puft marshmallow men. Mmmmmwahahahaaa, babies *drools*...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3984 on: April 04, 2010, 12:39:20 am »

WTF WALLS OF TEXT.
Okay, Itnetlolor. You. Cheer up. Or else.
Don't worry, Spring Break is at least suspended for the time being, as far as I know; plus I have tomorrow off. I was going to say, if I was going to work Easter Sunday after all that crap; ugh, heads would roll.

Hell, even with all the help I could ever ask for today, it was April Fool's Day all over again... again. Except this time, I had help. Since I already held several tours of duty rummaging through Hell, I got to pull off a Big Damn Heroes bit as my helpers of the night (a veteran and a novice) were struggling with a rather large pack of customers when I came in (about roughly 5-7 of them all at once, rather large orders apiece); mind you, I did twice as much work as the two of them in tandem in half the time or less (or 3x-4x their speed if you don't want to have fun with phrasing). Solo. Reducing that crowd to nothing in a flash upon entry.

My arm still hurts.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:45:35 am by Itnetlolor »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: April 04, 2010, 12:55:37 am »

Getting very, very tired of Ragnarok Online, one of the legit servers.  Many technical issues have been around since beta that the main server will not fix, and class balance flew out the window with the transcendent classes, also called the "time sink" classes.  I'm always drawn to the support classses, but this is the only game I've played where being the healer is the most infuriating class to play.  At one point, the priest class was a healer/off tank due to the lack of offensive abilities, but during the bi-weekly guild brawls, they're nerfed down to squishy healers with no offensive abilities whatsoever.  This is because their main off-tanking skill is disabled because it's castable on other players, which turns incredibly OP characters into unstoppable gods of destruction.  I... I really want to quit this game and just move on already, but way too many friends still play it, including people I've known for nearly five years now.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: April 04, 2010, 01:13:33 am »

My brief time playing RO was on a balanced free server (it was actually my first, and only long-term MMO!), and I played an Agile Melee Supernovice with Support Magic. It's the only class I could play, because of the flexibility and customizable strategies... but it always felt like it was highly nerfed compared to the time investment needed to get one.

Tricky thing about it was I too had a lot of friends on it too. Folks I met in game, and subsequently met IRL because I got to know them quite well. Funny how that worked... but yeah, there was life (and contact) after that.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:15:45 am by Solifuge »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: April 04, 2010, 04:42:40 am »

Not many know that RO is actually more popular than WoW.
In terms of illegal servers at least.

I'm quite outraged at myself, because high school stripped me of any character.
Who am I supposed to be now? A lifeless husk, or a jolly laughing zombie?
The difference only lies whether I talk to people or not. Both options suck.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: April 04, 2010, 07:01:50 am »

I am the butt behind many jokes in the morning because I don't care on getting up on weekends.

That and when I do get up I shuffle around in circles.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: April 04, 2010, 02:40:20 pm »

Everyone knows you don't have a soul.
It's true. But I dont see how it has anything to do with hugs. I need then to balance my otycytocin(sp?) levels.

Quote from: Tack link=topic=43236.msg1131437#msg1131437  date=1270342238
Well, sorry to say, Vector, but... this is B12. Not  the 'human race'. We're like, a higher lifeform here.
And modest.  Really fucking modest.

But Naaaah. It's a great family  atmosphere. Including the brother who beats you up lots, but y' still  love him, 'cos he's a gigantic angry role-model, and the sister who's  become really distant ever since she left school, and is always out  clubbing late and making you worry. And then there's the little brother  who you get on with surprisingly well, which kind of makes you a little  skeptical as to you own immaturity, but, hey, he can quote more than  half of an incredibly epic monologue that you couldn't nail back when  you were in drama class, so who the fuck cares?
We got the next door  neighbour, who thinks he's better than you. (Not many people like him),  and the incredibly chill and reasonable, yet somehow still cool father  figure. He's gone pretty laid back, lately, but he still whips out his  golden hat every now and then.
The little bro who's not as little as  the other little bro. (He wants to be an electrical engineer when he  grows up. And good on him). Sure, you might get a bit jealous of the  fact that in a few short years he will be making more money than you,  but, everyone know's what brothers are for. Just as long as 1% goes to  Toady, 's all cool.
There's the artsy older sister. She's drawn  portraits for most of the people around here, and they're good ones,  too. Great mix of sunshine and sensibility, but she's moved out, and  doesn't really visit very often any more.
A cousin, who you kind of  know. He once tried to take over the world. Managed to get a country  backing him, before the rest of the world gave it a big F-U, and bombed  it into nothingness, but it's fine. He don't hold no grudges. He pops in  every now and then to say hi, but, you don't see him much other than  that.
And, lastly, there's the other little brother, who, I guess  would be older than one little brother, but younger than the other. He  talks a LOT, but, if you get around to actually listening, he's a pretty  smart cookie. That's if you can get around to listening. At first  glance you'd think he's a bad rambler, but, somehow he just manages to  save up all of his conversation time to deliver in half-hour doses.

So  I guess I wouldn't mind having the older sister, who's talkative and  fun, talks to you about books, and helps you with your homework. Not  that I have homework anymore, but the metaphor is there. Though  sometimes she has a tendency of finding a 'good problem', and shutting  herself in her room for a few hours... or days.

... Whew.
This makes me happy! :D
Which one is me?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 8167