Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473918 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3915 on: April 02, 2010, 03:13:19 am »

Y'know, it really fucks with my ego when You're the one saying helpful advice to Me.

I'm... I'm sorry?  I was just grateful for your comment.  Don't feel bad, Tack...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 02, 2010, 03:13:33 am »

My ego is really weird.  Usually it's timid and small, but SOME TIMES IT GETS MACROSIZED.

I thinker I yawned.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:16 am »

I have a gigantic wall of bravado I use to fend off all attacks, plus my battering ram of personality I use to deal with anti-social people.

If it's a girl I want to get to know better <- insert inverted commas here, I just pull down a curtain on my gigantic wall of bravado, in order to show them a small peek at my Inner wall of vulnerability.

Nobody knows what my core is. Not even me. Not even Skeletor.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 02, 2010, 04:26:53 am »

Welcome to summer.

*Dies of Heat stroke*
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 02, 2010, 04:44:06 am »

Hmmm... I used to guard myself with the emotional equivalent of laser turrets, electric fences, and sniper nests.  That was back when I was really depressed.  Then I realized that I need people, and I started dismantling some of the systems.  I guess the main difference is that I'm willing to poke fun at myself, nowadays, and I'm not really afraid to talk to people anymore or tell them when I really need help.  They aren't too bad.

The really nice thing about being alone all your life--and I'm not being sarcastic, here--is that it gives you a pretty good chance to get to know yourself, which is important if you're going to be living with yourself for the rest of your days (hint: you are).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 02, 2010, 10:06:21 am »

I was browsing the internet, and i found some things that would disgust all descent human beings.

I did not feel disgusted.

Now i just feel dirty.

Been there Realmfighter. its amazing what artists can come up with. The frequent viewing of these kinds of things has a desensitizing effect and nothing in a picture that supposed to be disgusting really makes me squeamish.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:32 am »

Finding motivation to tackle all the little things that I need to tackle is extremely difficult. I can know, logically, that they need doing, but when it comes time to make a decision about what to do with an afternoon, I often cave and do the easiest thing available, and postpone the unpleasant or difficult stuff... and it never gets done.

The end result is that hundreds of tiny things that need doing... my beta fish needs to be transferred to a larger tank, which needs cleaning and a surface to set on, which requires that I clean off my computer desk and go out and buy better screws to support the weight since I jerryrigged it with little ones, which requires that I drive to the nearest hardware store, which reminds me that my car is out of coolant and one of the tires is leaking about 2PSI of air per day, which can only be resolved if I buy new parts and such from the automotive store, which requires that I go to the credit union, and every time I go in they remind me that I have to resolve an issue with my old bank that is preventing me from getting a checking account and credit card, which is why I still haven't been able to get a cell phone or internet at my new apartment, etc. ad nauseum.

I need to work on my discipline.

I have a gigantic wall of bravado I use to fend off all attacks, plus my battering ram of personality I use to deal with anti-social people.

If it's a girl I want to get to know better <- insert inverted commas here, I just pull down a curtain on my gigantic wall of bravado, in order to show them a small peek at my Inner wall of vulnerability.

Nobody knows what my core is. Not even me. Not even Skeletor.

My ego is a giant act. It's a habit I learned at a young age as a method of self-deprecating humor; act arrogant (I do this much more in person) and entertain people by being humorously more prideful than the situation warrants. I think it came about because I'm extremely easy-going, and being a somewhat kind, accepting, and stoic person ended up getting me ignored at best, and taken advantage of at worst.

I'm the same person still, but I now cover it up with a veneer of humorous bravado, and make an effort to be funny in most things. I think the larger part of my social interactions surround entertaining others in some way... it works well to offset the introspective, analytical, and easy-going inner me, but I tend to think it ends up surrounding me with people who are looking for my outward persona. At its base, it's a social survival tactic... but I do get tired of it from time to time, and it's so deeply-ingrained that it's something I don't even notice anymore.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:23 am »

Broke up with Rosewood.

May I ask who Rosewood is, or is it touchy?

"Who is Rosewood?"  I have/had/limbo two friends, Rosewood and Aspen.  Rosewood is Aspen's older brother.  We were dating for two years.  Now we are not.

Dumped me via email.  What a brave and sensitive soul, and how realistic in his thoughts of continued close friendship.

Ouch. Damn, Vector, that sucks. :(

We may be faceless internet people, but you can count on us liking and supporting you, at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 02, 2010, 12:06:34 pm »

If it makes you feel better I'm sweating a lot.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 02, 2010, 12:10:44 pm »

When I first had to dissect a frog, I could barely look at it, and my lab partner did the actual dissecting.  Then I found the internet.  The next time I had to dissect a frog, I did it with cold, robotic precision and was even able to properly remove the skull and show the brain.

Dammit internet.
Shoes...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: April 02, 2010, 12:11:25 pm »

I've come to the realization and acceptance that Nostalgia has bested me again.
I shall never be able to go back to the original vanilla DF days. I will never play a game merely to survive rather than accomplish something. I only had a single fort like that.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 02, 2010, 02:29:32 pm »

I was browsing the internet, and i found some things that would disgust all descent human beings.

Now i just feel dirty.
Link?

Quote from: Cthulhu link=topic=43236.msg1126396#msg1126396  date=1270228244
When I first had to dissect a frog, I could barely  look at it, and my lab partner did the actual dissecting.  Then I found  the internet.  The next time I had to dissect a frog, I did it with  cold, robotic precision and was even able to properly remove the skull  and show the brain.

Dammit internet.
:D
The Internet; Making You A More Capable Entity.

Quote from: Mephansteras link=topic=43236.msg1126353#msg1126353  date=1270227443
[quote  author=JoshuaFH link=topic=43236.msg1123834#msg1123834 date=1270165647]
[quote  author=Vector link=topic=43236.msg1122964#msg1122964 date=1270106644]
Broke  up with Rosewood.

May I ask who Rosewood is, or is  it touchy?

"Who is Rosewood?"  I have/had/limbo two  friends, Rosewood and Aspen.  Rosewood is Aspen's older brother.  We  were dating for two years.  Now we are not.

Dumped me via email.   What a brave and sensitive soul, and how realistic in his thoughts of  continued close friendship.
[/quote]

Ouch. Damn, Vector, that  sucks. :(

We may be faceless internet  people, but you can count on us liking and supporting you, at least.
[/quote]Seconded. D: *Hugs Vector*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: April 02, 2010, 02:36:45 pm »

Now i just feel dirty.
Link?

Bad Armok.

Bad.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: April 02, 2010, 02:38:26 pm »

Fucking Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Stopping it took longer than scanning! I had to force shut-down the computer. >:(

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: April 02, 2010, 03:42:55 pm »

Now i just feel dirty.
Link?

Bad Armok.

Bad.
Agreed... at least until my curiosity gets the better of me.

Edit: curiosity wins. Link please.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:53:14 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 8167