Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473927 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3900 on: April 02, 2010, 02:10:25 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

"If we do not destroy ourselves we will one day venture to the stars."

I feel we will never reach that point.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 02, 2010, 02:10:40 am »

Stop being sad.

that's not as easy as it is to say. This thread does supply some people with a place to vent their frustration and depression in a non-destructive way.

there may be a light at the end of the tunnel but it still requires that you take the steps to reach it.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 02, 2010, 02:20:15 am »

bookmarked the link. Thank you for sharing that.

while it may not belong in a thread about what makes me sad; I feel that in order to expand beyond our horizons we would need to change quite drastically from what we are familiar to in terms of culture and morality.

It makes me sad that because of current traditions of morality and economical limits I have no chance to live to see the dawn of such a thing.

However i feel comfort in knowing that it will eventually become a reality when dwindling resources usher in a new way of thinking.

that our the human species completes it's cycle and fails to expand to new resources before burning itself out.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 02, 2010, 02:29:05 am »

Stop being sad.

And thank you, too =)  I don't want to be sad, but I need a few days to work out my feelings and figure out where I can go from here.  My life has changed, probably for the better... but I have to take a few weeks to think over the good things and the bad things, and see if I can't forgive the poor bastard.

It'll be better for both of us if we can be friends, as he desires.  I just need to take a little time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 02, 2010, 02:33:48 am »

bookmarked the link. Thank you for sharing that.

while it may not belong in a thread about what makes me sad; I feel that in order to expand beyond our horizons we would need to change quite drastically from what we are familiar to in terms of culture and morality.

It makes me sad that because of current traditions of morality and economical limits I have no chance to live to see the dawn of such a thing.

However i feel comfort in knowing that it will eventually become a reality when dwindling resources usher in a new way of thinking.

that our the human species completes it's cycle and fails to expand to new resources before burning itself out.

Had to share it somewhere where'd it'd be seen  ;). It's been on my mind since I went to mexico. Came back today by the way. Although thats a happy thing.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 02, 2010, 02:37:25 am »

Oh, I can't seem to sleep today, but I'm trying.

I blame YouTube for making me stay up.  I wanted to uploaded 3 videos and each one took 2 hours so now it's 3 am when I started at 7 pm.  Gah.

My Dad wants to go camping tomorrow, but I really would rather not, but it's too late because I have no way of telling him because of it being late and all.  The only time I'll be able to tell him is when he's here in like 5 hours.  Great.  I still need to sleep too.

I'm really anxious about school right now, I've been so scared of going for awhile, but hopefully that'll pass and the court won't get involved.  I really hope that doesn't happen.  At least I have 3 days to stress the fuck out relax.

What else am I suppose to say, I don't know.  Sleeping won't work today,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 02, 2010, 02:39:49 am »

Wait... Why are you scared of going to school, ToonyMan?

Also, props to Hippoman for posting the link.  Really cheered me up ~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 02, 2010, 02:43:27 am »

I was browsing the internet, and i found some things that would disgust all descent human beings.

I did not feel disgusted.

Now i just feel dirty.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:44 am »

Mostly because I find it extremely stressful and all it does is kill me.

Not going has a milder, but still painful attack.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 02, 2010, 02:58:31 am »

Mostly because I find it extremely stressful and all it does is kill me.

Not going has a milder, but still painful attack.

Too bad... you really need to learn how to calm down, doodabuddy.  Try to think about things differently, I guess.  You're learning all kinds of wonderful things, and you're obviously competent.  Just look at how it all fits together, not how hard it is to learn or how stressful it is to be tested.

Everything's going to be okay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 02, 2010, 03:03:32 am »

THERE'S DAGGERS IN MY CHEST.

And it's 4 am.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 02, 2010, 03:06:42 am »

THERE'S DAGGERS IN MY CHEST.

And it's 4 am.  Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know the feeling >_>  Dude... just try to put it in perspective.  It's important to be (mostly) sane.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:46 am »

My brother doesn't want to play Dnd anymore. I had an epic campaign in mind, but then he gets all bitchy because I forgot to invite him when I went over to a friend's house. Now who can I play (reliably) with?!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:44 am »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Spring break yay.

I can pull this crap and not screw myself over.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 02, 2010, 03:11:58 am »

Thank you, thank you, and also thank you.

I understand.  It's frightening, and now is not the time--and maybe someday, it will be the time.  But don't push yourself to say things that should not be said.  They may be the right things to say, but now may not be the right time for saying them; perhaps you aren't yet the you that should speak your words.

All of that is fine and well.  Just keep trying hard and moving forward.  That's the most that anyone can do.

Y'know, it really fucks with my ego when You're the one saying helpful advice to Me.

Heh.

On another note!

I have to go back to work! Right now! On easter FUCKING friday!

Yaaaaaaay~
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:14:08 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 8167