Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473992 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3885 on: April 01, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »

I lost the game.
So did I.
Armor Games RickRoll'd me. :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 01, 2010, 05:36:50 pm »

A large number of the hopes and dreams I had in life have been crushed or, at the very least, taken a severe beating.

At least there's mathematics.  I may have no friends, but at least there's mathematics.

I could keep being friends with Rosewood and Aspen, but I just can't talk to them right now.  I'm tired of crying.  I've had enough.  I've had too much.  I have to do something on my own to make my own good situations, not based on the goodwill of others or the gentleness of distant friends.

If my love was misguided, at least I might be able to love myself now.  Someone has to.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 01, 2010, 06:47:27 pm »

Broke up with Rosewood.

May I ask who Rosewood is, or is it touchy?

This was the first topic I managed to get to in at least two hours. I think Toady did something to the servers, since it's much better now.

Toady and Baughn were working on it nonstop for hours.  A lot of hours.

Who's Baughn? Never heard of him.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 01, 2010, 06:50:38 pm »

This was the first topic I managed to get to in at least two hours. I think Toady did something to the servers, since it's much better now.

Toady and Baughn were working on it nonstop for hours.  A lot of hours.

Who's Baughn? Never heard of him.

IIRC, one of the 'testers' toady mentions from time to time, and also one of the dudes working on the merger of the 40d# stuff.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 01, 2010, 06:51:42 pm »

Toady has testers?!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 01, 2010, 06:55:35 pm »

Don't even ask about.

You don't have a chance.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 01, 2010, 08:42:36 pm »

Broke up with Rosewood.

May I ask who Rosewood is, or is it touchy?

"Who is Rosewood?"  I have/had/limbo two friends, Rosewood and Aspen.  Rosewood is Aspen's older brother.  We were dating for two years.  Now we are not.

Dumped me via email.  What a brave and sensitive soul, and how realistic in his thoughts of continued close friendship.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3892 on: April 01, 2010, 09:14:11 pm »

"Oh hey, I wonder if DF2010 actually got released today. I should check the forums."
"Oh...Maybe the devlog?"
":<"

It's all working now, though, and I'm out rastlin' zombie alligators and looking for underground goodies... Was frustrating to know it got released and I didn't get to it before the servers asploded.

I got my version on the DFWiki.  It was available even when the site was down.
Same here, after it changed from Kobold cave. Played it all morning. Paid the price at work.

Oh, and thanks to work, I missed Fringe and possibly Archer tonight. The last thing I need now is a "Things will only get better". No, I need a serious beatdown for my attitude. I mean, wrestle it out of me. The last thing I feel like getting right now is sympathy. With how I vent my anger, I do not deserve it. Sympathy, by my observation, can quell anger down before it gets bad; but if it's too late, it'll only get worse.

And it also seems my April Fool's web-surfing has been prematurely euthanized. Damn it all. I still had a bunch more sites to visit and see what they did. :(

Ugh, done so many edits to this post. Brain no work good. Smarts.... uhhh, where it go?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:51:46 pm by Itnetlolor »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 01, 2010, 09:51:28 pm »

*pretends to be wearing a suit*
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

Ummm, worst day ever, but it was all a trick, because now you have a new DF to play with!

You have my sympathies for what it is worth...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3894 on: April 01, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »

*pretends to be wearing a suit*
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

Ummm, worst day ever, but it was all a trick, because now you have a new DF to play with!

You have my sympathies for what it is worth...
No longer taking myself so seriously after having a wind-out (and a lecture from a housemate which lasted a freaking hour).

Thanks.

It doesn't help much, now that I realize, that that mood and all that GD-ing happened on Holy Thursday of all times too. I think that sunburnt dude was real. But yeah, thanks Today for the new DF release, that's going to help in all sorts of ways.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 02, 2010, 12:40:12 am »

A few friends got busted for possession a few hours ago. Just got a ticket, apparently, but it's fucked up all the plans for the rest of the week, and probably the next month or so. D:

By some blessed stroke of luck I was busy today, and so was at home enjoying a cold beer and messing around with DF2010 when it happened, rather than with them... 8)
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 02, 2010, 01:46:37 am »

Blah.  I feel like shit.  I can't believe I was actually happy and secure for once in my life.

Sorry, dudes.  I'm going to keep complaining in here for a while.

On the plus side, my department has an orchestra for unknown reasons (what the hell, mathematicians.  What the hell), so I'll probably take up the violin again and join that.  I've also been told I might be able to do summer research/summer class (number theory <3)/grading for a course, and it'd be good to stay at college so I'll have some people my own age around.

This feels like a very sad and lonely world right now.  But I can go spend time with the math club and I managed to convince someone to go to a seminar with me, plus there's another lecture on elliptic curves that's been suggested by the math people.

Dunno.  Just want it to stop hurting, once and for all.  The relationship hurt, and now the lack of relationship hurts--and the assumption that breaking up over email after a long time of pretending to still like me was somehow appropriate.  Especially that.

I can't say I wish I'd never met him, though.  He gave me my first taste of mathematical proof, and no matter what he did, I can't wish he'd never been born.  I can't wish we'd never met.  It's all a tangle...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 02, 2010, 01:57:08 am »

Insert consolation, advice and empathy here.

God I hate this shit. I don't know why I'm just so afraid.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 01:59:27 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 02, 2010, 02:06:05 am »

Insert consolation, advice and empathy here.

God I hate this shit. I don't know why I'm just so afraid.

Thank you, thank you, and also thank you.

I understand.  It's frightening, and now is not the time--and maybe someday, it will be the time.  But don't push yourself to say things that should not be said.  They may be the right things to say, but now may not be the right time for saying them; perhaps you aren't yet the you that should speak your words.

All of that is fine and well.  Just keep trying hard and moving forward.  That's the most that anyone can do.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:34 am »

Stop being sad.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 8167