Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9477042 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3780 on: March 29, 2010, 12:03:29 am »

and at the end it was implied that Patrick's underpants had been soaked with urine the whole time.
That was the best part! :D

I stopped watching spongebob after the point it started to get really bland. I think it was after the movie. But then I never really liked it that much anyway.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: March 29, 2010, 12:09:23 am »

It reminded me of that comic. The one about those guys who wear diapers and I refuse to go into any further detail, but Spongebob brought back memories of it.

Yeah, screw that show.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:23 am »

I have to side with cowofdoom here.  That episode was one awesome moment after another, and right when you thought there just couldn't be any more, Patrick blows you away with that final comment.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: March 29, 2010, 12:18:35 am »

I actually can't remember the episode in question except for that bit, so I can't comment.

I only got really creeped out by it (in a 'oh god that other comic fuck that other comic') about four or five years after that point but that bit just grossed out my poor, pre-teen psyche so much I stopped watching apart from the occasional episode.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:30 am »

I just realized I posted the spongebob thing in the wrong thread.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: March 29, 2010, 12:25:01 am »

I was wondering.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: March 29, 2010, 12:39:04 am »

School tomorrow.
That means homework.
I have about two hours to write chapter of notes for Social Studies and do some stupid english crap.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: March 29, 2010, 01:06:15 am »

in my experience, wit and wisdom go a long way. at least for attracting non-brain-dead people. often they are looking only skin deep for someone to hang out with/ get close to.

smart, witty people are much more attractive I think. My wife likes my "geekyness" so maybe I just got lucky *shrugs*

Ditto here. A balance of maturity and silliness, geekyness, and the use/understanding of complex jokes and referential humor are huge for me. I often fall for mental attractions, in that I tend to be interested in people who are skilled at something, commonly a geekish level of knowledge about a given subject or skill. Creativity and critical thinking are huge, but the ability to go toe-to-toe in witty banter or debate is a definite plus. I don't know how typical that is, but once in a blue moon I've run into someone of a similar mindset, particularly among geeky circles. :P

1. For those who are discussing Watchmen.

2. I finished the first disc of Tales of Symphonia ;_;  I had no idea how much of it had been spoiled for me (pretty much the entire first disc, in case anyone was wondering)... and now I have to go "procure" the other half if I want to finish.  Silly me, should have started looking for it when I still had lots to play through, but I was dumb and didn't.  Shame on me.

In other news, I have a deep hatred for Zelos.  He has only been in my party once.  Kratos and Regal all the way, man ~  Though to be honest, Presea is also pretty cool.

<.< You totally beat me to the Saturday Morning Watchmen link... I love the mix of 80's/90's cartoon references in that (TMNT, Jem, Scooby Doo, and G.I.Joe to name a few), and completely spot-on bastardizations of the story. Love it.

As for ToS: the womanizing cassanova-type characters always grate on my nerves, but they're pretty standard. I still managed to tolerate Zelos for his utility and as comic relief, though mostly because I did it wrong and didn't get to keep Kratos. Regal was too angsty for me, though, and I was too invested in the other characters by the time he came around that I never got into his story. My favorites were probably Presea, with her android logic and oversized weapons (and watching the whole Genis/Presea dynamic unfold), and Sheena for the whole Badass Tomboy Ninja/Summoner thing. Rayne's bouts of Archeology Geekery were pretty adorkable too, and if you delve into her and Genis' story, it's a pretty heavy one.

I thought the story was trite at times, but it definitely has great moments. The complex story and inter-character dynamics really made the game for me; there were plenty of times where the Collette/Lloyd story brought a sad smile to my face, like the parts after she'd lost the ability to speak, and would write her words on Lloyd's hand. I rather enjoyed the villains too, particularly the endgame ones; they were (for the most part) legitimate and sympathetic villains, rather than all insane, evil-just-because Big Bad Guys. I actually felt bad fighting the last battle, and almost didn't want to win.

Very good game. Times like this, I wish my last roommate didn't steal all my old Gamecube games.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: March 29, 2010, 01:16:46 am »

1. For those who are discussing Watchmen.

Way to bring happy into mah sad thread. I had almost forgotten about that awesome video.

Also, re: Tales of Symphonia, all those supposedly epic disc-2 plot twists just struck me as as standard rpg plot twists at the time. Still a fun game though. And Presea is awesome.

EDIT : Uh...looks like Solifuge beat me to exactly what I was going to say so...yeah.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:20:54 am by kinseti »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: March 29, 2010, 01:37:50 am »

As for ToS: the womanizing cassanova-type characters always grate on my nerves, but they're pretty standard. I still managed to tolerate Zelos for his utility and as comic relief, though mostly because I did it wrong and didn't get to keep Kratos. Regal was too angsty for me, though, and I was too invested in the other characters by the time he came around that I never got into his story. My favorites were probably Presea, with her android logic and oversized weapons (and watching the whole Genis/Presea dynamic unfold), and Sheena for the whole Badass Tomboy Ninja/Summoner thing. Rayne's bouts of Archeology Geekery were pretty adorkable too, and if you delve into her and Genis' story, it's a pretty heavy one.

Eh, I dislike Zelos to the point of not even enjoying him as comic relief.  I just can't laugh, because for me he isn't funny.  Hate his voice, hate his stupid pink vest, hate his personality.  I purposely use the "incorrect" answer for his skits and never pick him for anything >_>  Hell, even if one were stuck with him for the rest of the game, I'd never use him (the one time he was in the party was with Kratos and Regal in Iselia Ranch at the end of D1, just because I could).  It'd just be Lloyd, Regal, Presea, and Raine (got fed up with Genis' TP vacuum, though the Faerie Ring I just got should help a lot).

I generally think Regal is kind of fun.  Sure, his voice actor is ridiculous, but he's so serious and obsessive about everything that I can't help smiling.  Sheena is... eh.  I couldn't like her too much.  She's a standard-issue JRPG tomboy, down to the last detail.  I found the deviations in the other characters endearing (particularly Colette and Presea, as Genis pisses me off), but she's just... too typical.  I speak, however, as someone who has watched enough anime to kill a man, and her archetype was one of the more common ones.

*sigh*

Okay, on a rather more important note than Tales of Symphonia.  For most of my life, I've been depressed.  Quite depressed.  Depressed to the point of mood swings, hallucination(s), delusions that people were trying to kill me, and recurrent spells of deep depression that just won't go away and keep away.  I have nasty nightmares and often find myself crying for absolutely no reason, and I can end up just sitting there sobbing for hours while I try to figure out what I'm so damnably depressed over.

Now, right around now is when Rosewood's mother Willow (sure, whatever, it's a tree) suspects that I'm bipolar (she has three severely bipolar siblings), since I also have crazy periods where I work all day, eat five meals and am still hungry, and wake up fully energized after 5 hours feeling ridiculously happy and prepared to work all day.  I also have cousins who tend to be either ridiculously absurdly jovial or totally enraged hellcats, taking the piss out of anyone and everyone.  It's a coin toss as to which they'll be at a given family gathering.

The problem is that mood-altering drugs are being suggested--and suggested very strongly--and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  I don't want to end up being someone who isn't me, and I'm scared that the altered mood will result in a shifted personality.  Hell, I don't want to be bipolar, either.  I've already been diagnosed with Asperger's (in the "Wow, your disorder is extraordinarily obvious and immediately recognizable" sort of way), and that's more than enough for me.

I'm glad I get a choice, but this isn't a decision I want to have to make.  I feel like I've already had more than enough bullshit in my life--long years of suffering and fighting on, and I just want it to be over with.  I don't really seem to need therapy.  I've fought my demons and won, and gotten a clean break from everything that was haunting me.

I'm just depressed.  Over and over again, for absolutely no reason, I'm depressed.  I wish I had some idea as to what to do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: March 29, 2010, 02:23:11 am »

Just bought Dawn Of War II, Gold edition.
Normally, a gigantic excuse for celebration and happiness. BUT.

After the initial installation, I was all hyped to play. Like 'Yeah, Let's get this shit ON. C'mon, Thaddeus!'
*Ping* 'Updating'
Upon which the game deemed it worthy to take my bandwidth, pummel it against a wall for half an hour, and then give it a mighty speesh mahrine hammer-throw, right to the waiting hands of 'chaos rising', which then decided to shove it into the rock-hard-ground, amidst a torrent of blood and fire.

And the problem with all this? I can't stop it. I don't want a better online experience. I don't have the bandwidth to play online even before the blood-raven vs world-eaters pummeling grudge-match! So fuck off!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: March 29, 2010, 02:54:09 am »

My "legal" DnD DMG2 download was thisss close to being done... and then Mozilla crashed.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: March 29, 2010, 02:59:52 am »

Just bought Dawn Of War II, Gold edition.
Normally, a gigantic excuse for celebration and happiness. BUT.

After the initial installation, I was all hyped to play. Like 'Yeah, Let's get this shit ON. C'mon, Thaddeus!'
*Ping* 'Updating'
Upon which the game deemed it worthy to take my bandwidth, pummel it against a wall for half an hour, and then give it a mighty speesh mahrine hammer-throw, right to the waiting hands of 'chaos rising', which then decided to shove it into the rock-hard-ground, amidst a torrent of blood and fire.

And the problem with all this? I can't stop it. I don't want a better online experience. I don't have the bandwidth to play online even before the blood-raven vs world-eaters pummeling grudge-match! So fuck off!
On the bright side, the updates will add a whole bunch of new units to use in skirmish mode, though admittedly it isn't nearly as good as the story mode.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: March 29, 2010, 03:06:47 am »

On That Note: New development.

I can't play the bloody thing.
It's automatically set to 'superhigh quality' and when I try to change the graphics options, it crashes for some reason.
So I tried playing it ON superhigh quality. On my high-mid range laptop.
NOOO.

This isn't sad, this is amazingly furious. But, Whatever.

Ok: After intense googling, I got it working.

Hueg Bug.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 03:52:50 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: March 29, 2010, 03:10:54 am »

That sucks. I love that game...
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 8167