Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9478031 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3765 on: March 28, 2010, 10:08:59 pm »

I still dont understand what's so important about knowing "the watchmen" from "watchmen"

apparently it makes some people sad
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: March 28, 2010, 10:10:32 pm »

People often refer to the graphic novel/movie as "The Watchmen", when in fact it's just "Watchmen". It happens so often that it tends to piss people off.

Also, if I remember right, the group in the story were "The Minutemen", not "The Watchmen". The graffiti was referring to their role as "watchmen", not referring to them by name.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: March 28, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »

Yeah, the graffiti wasn't actually referring to them as "The Watchmen" it was more "Who makes sure those in powers aren't abusing it"  It's a quote from some Roman guy or maybe Greek.
Shoes...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: March 28, 2010, 10:22:50 pm »

Yeah, the graffiti wasn't actually referring to them as "The Watchmen" it was more "Who makes sure those in powers aren't abusing it"  It's a quote from some Roman guy or maybe Greek.

IIRC it's from Plato's The Republic, and he replied with something called a noble lie or something.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: March 28, 2010, 10:30:23 pm »

People often refer to the graphic novel/movie as "The Watchmen", when in fact it's just "Watchmen". It happens so often that it tends to piss people off.
That is a really dumb thing to get mad about.

That's like getting mad when someone calls the game "Super Mario Brothers" just "Mario."

Plus if the minutemen are the only "watchmen" wouldn't it at least be reasonable to call them "the watchmen?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:32:52 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: March 28, 2010, 10:31:48 pm »

2. I finished the first disc of Tales of Symphonia ;_;  I had no idea how much of it had been spoiled for me (pretty much the entire first disc, in case anyone was wondering)... and now I have to go "procure" the other half if I want to finish.  Silly me, should have started looking for it when I still had lots to play through, but I was dumb and didn't.  Shame on me.
Only the first disk? Don't worry, there are still plenty of plot twists coming.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: March 28, 2010, 11:05:37 pm »

I hate my sister's Opera theme. It doesn't show buttons(buttons like "Post" and "Preview" when posting), only the button's text which is really annoying and a joykill at times.
I'm also depressed right now. I was trying to say something to my sister and my mom came in and started talking to her and I was generally ignored(my mom apologized, though). It reminds me of how generally ignored I always am....

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: March 28, 2010, 11:23:06 pm »

Only the first disk? Don't worry, there are still plenty of plot twists coming.

Also what I believe to be most of the major revelations of disc 2, but I'm not sure.  Oh, well... it's still pretty fun, I guess.  I just thought that given the amount I was allowed to play, I might not have memorized everything from seeing my cousin.  But apparently it's one of those things that is emblazoned in memory, or somesuch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: March 28, 2010, 11:39:41 pm »

Gah. We went rollerblading but nobody else wanted to head out onto the floor. I suck, so it was ten minutes of feeling like an idiot and going home.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: March 28, 2010, 11:44:13 pm »

Gah. We went rollerblading but nobody else wanted to head out onto the floor. I suck, so it was ten minutes of feeling like an idiot and going home.
Why did you go out into the floor if you were bad and the only one doing it?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: March 28, 2010, 11:50:30 pm »

We'd already paid. I gave up pretty quickly.

Lesson learned.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: March 28, 2010, 11:53:38 pm »

sounds like your friends suck as much as some of mine. bummer man
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: March 28, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »

Here's hoping it's an isolated incident. I mean, about a month ago I had a kickass time skating with a group of friends.

Sure, they dragged me into doing the Chicken Dance whilst moving and my skates had no brakes, but that just added to the fun.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: March 28, 2010, 11:57:32 pm »

I'm watching Spongebob, and then Patrick suddenly said he's mad because he can't see his forehead.

Awesome.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: March 28, 2010, 11:59:19 pm »

I stopped watching Spongebob when they ended up in their underpants, bulked up to Hulk proportions, wrestling suggestively and at the end it was implied that Patrick's underpants had been soaked with urine the whole time.

That was, oh... 6 or 7 years ago, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 8167