Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9473465 times)

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3630 on: March 24, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »

I used... No I still have that Vector. It's... Infuriating. Though the doors and stuff don't talk to you right? Because the door to my room is a real asshole.

The worst thing my old bedroom door ever did to me was when the doornob started to jiggle softly, and then faster and louder, before it started to randomly drift in and out for about 45 seconds... in the middle of the night, when I was home alone. I tried to rationalize it through wind, but all the windows were closed. I then thought it was the cat, but he was locked up in the laundry room, where my folks kept him at night (their wierd habit, but aside from the point).

I stopped trying to rationalize it, and tried to forget it happened so I could actually sleep, but it freeked the crap out of me. It's probably the closest thing to personal evidence I've ever found for any of that paranormal business people go on about.

have a simular problem where i live right now. I live ontop of a restaurant so everything vibrates all day long. loose stuff rattles. i got used to it after awhile. maybe thats what is causing it for you?
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:40 pm »

It was a single isolated incident, and it happened in a 1-story home in the middle of the rural outskirts of a tiny town. It's not as though there aren't sensible explainations for it, but it was wierd.

Prophetic dreams, however, are slightly higher on the ladder. I am a bit jealous, as I can't even remember my dreams anymore... makes sleeping awefully boring.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: March 24, 2010, 02:22:44 pm »

I have two categories of dreams, besides normal strange ones.

1) Creative dream - image of some story/game/something that is an awesome idea. I can wake up in middle of the night, just to find out I don't remember that dream at all.

2) Psycho dreams - dreams in which some strange, and more strange things happen. Enve if I want or not, I cannot wake up.

Both of those make me damn irritated, tired and sad at the morning.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:16 pm »

I just have a terrible time distinguishing between fact and fiction, especially when I'm stressed, lonely, or tired.  Lucky me: I'm currently all three.

I'd chalk it up mostly to the tired part.  The only time I ever hallucinated was when I'd stayed up for like 40 hours straight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: March 24, 2010, 02:50:36 pm »

I just have a terrible time distinguishing between fact and fiction, especially when I'm stressed, lonely, or tired.  Lucky me: I'm currently all three.

I'd chalk it up mostly to the tired part.  The only time I ever hallucinated was when I'd stayed up for like 40 hours straight.

I think when you don't sleep for awhile and get hallucinations, it's because you are drifting into your dream world, also known as sleeping.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: March 24, 2010, 02:57:05 pm »

The tendency of extreme Republicans to forget to distinguish between the long and respectable history of Liberalism and the short and downright nasty history of extreme communism.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: March 24, 2010, 03:20:18 pm »

Corel WordPerfect makes me so angry. I just want it to do what I tell it to do. everythign worked intuitively on Microsoft Word. It's not worth the easier mail merging and text aligning shortcuts. It's just not!
Ahh, I'm glad I don't use that anymore. That program is as old as DOS, and the UI seems to imply they never rewrote anything, and instead just kept throwing more features in... poorly. The solution: OpenOffice.

A dream.

... *Sigh* I can dream at least...
Bleh, same here. Why can't reality ever live up to dreams...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: March 24, 2010, 03:33:29 pm »

Corel WordPerfect makes me so angry. I just want it to do what I tell it to do. everythign worked intuitively on Microsoft Word. It's not worth the easier mail merging and text aligning shortcuts. It's just not!
Ahh, I'm glad I don't use that anymore. That program is as old as DOS, and the UI seems to imply they never rewrote anything, and instead just kept throwing more features in... poorly. The solution: OpenOffice.

A dream.

... *Sigh* I can dream at least...
Bleh, same here. Why can't reality ever live up to dreams...

I'm in a Corel WordPerfect class at college. everything up untill these last couple of days has been a breeze. WordPerfect decided half way into my midterm to be a glitchy stubbron useless peice of S*%^
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:41 pm »

I'm in a Corel WordPerfect class at college. everything up untill these last couple of days has been a breeze. WordPerfect decided half way into my midterm to be a glitchy stubbron useless peice of S*%^

A whole class on WordPerfect?  That is strange beyond words.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:22 pm »

I suppose it is futile to inquire Janet to further specify on the dreams content?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »

A whole class on WordPerfect?  That is strange beyond words.

I'm in school to get a diploma for office administration. we have taken classes on everything from pen and paper bookeeping to quickbooks and simply accounting to microsoft outlook to microsoft access.

each class takes about 1-4 weeks, its a condensed cours that takes 26 weeks but is worth 2 years of training.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: March 24, 2010, 07:27:53 pm »

Ah, no, I've been sleeping the regular amount (8 hours or more every night).  Saw a doctor today who is pretty sure I'm feelings things that aren't there and tired all the time because I'm so depressed =/

Hurray ~

Prophetic dreams, however, are slightly higher on the ladder. I am a bit jealous, as I can't even remember my dreams anymore... makes sleeping awefully boring.

Yeah, I'm super-lucky ^3^  I solve problems, have loads of nightmares, and occasionally see the "future."  Occasionally makes life difficult, but things are kind of fun this way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: March 24, 2010, 08:01:23 pm »

I'm probably sleep deprived.

As for dreams, mine tend to go along the lines of a huge ass stories.  Like a progression from beginning to end.  I'm usually not involved, just watching.

Sometimes I get to see the next part, very rarely though.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: March 24, 2010, 08:04:33 pm »

I slept for more than 12 hour today, AND I WAS STILL TIRED.

Also, the snow came back.

Damnit
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:06 pm »

I slept for more than 12 hour today, AND I WAS STILL TIRED.

That's because YOU SLEPT FOR 12 HOURS.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 8167