Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467006 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3420 on: March 16, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »

Signed up for LA Fitness last week, now I'm canceling everything this week, whether my cancellation goes on my trainer's record or not.  These people are very suspicious, they aren't just running a gym, they're salesmen who guilt trip and fiddle with numbers to get your business.  By the end of the fiasco, they wanted $170 per month and had me paying nearly $500 in entry fees, and who knows what else once I got involved.

Time for a comfort food ice cream.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: March 16, 2010, 07:52:38 pm »

To do tonight:

10 proofs (likely long, involved)
     - 3 for Incompleteness/Undecidability
     - 7 for Professor Poland
Finish studying for English midterm
Finish studying for MDG midterm (I am screwed)
Make MDG formula sheet (hurnsjgh)
English midterm study group (teaching English majors how to memorize their own goddamned terminology arghsdkfj)
Caffeine

Things I will not be doing tonight, in all probability:

Talking to Rosewood
Washing clothing

... Suck.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3422 on: March 16, 2010, 08:13:05 pm »

Got held back for an hour and a half thanks to my damn customers. Seeing as I was assigned to be out at 7; I tried to negotiate my way out to closing at that time. Didn't work, got held back until the usual time (close at 8 ), and I still had to serve my customers during that time, further hindering my progress to leave at a more decent time.

Add injury to insult, while cleaning one of the machines, I nicked part of my hand near the base of my pinky after I heard I wasn't leaving at the time quoted (accident BTW). Ugh, pain for those additional 90 minutes. And of course, thanks to a lack of a sign, all my customers ignore the fact that everything is broken down, cleaning fluids and lots of cleaning noises and think we're open 24/7. I hate tourist season and wish for Red Tide to strike again, or at least another major cold front.

I missed Bay-12 Movie Night again thanks to crap like this. Disregard that, I guess I didn't miss it after all. But still, work day sucked worse than usual again. I noticed this happens every Tuesday whenever I work solo though. I'm calling it the "Tuesday Curse". Not creative, but it's to the point.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:19:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:58 pm »

Welp, I finished a project for science. An edible model of a atom. I hate wasting food like this. And my science teacher is a bitch who assigns way too much work. Noone should have to worry about two projects from the same class at the same time!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: March 16, 2010, 08:17:27 pm »

There are so many cats in the Humane Society, I feel bad I can't help all of them.

I been feeling really down lately and I don't know why.  I saw some relatives today and remember why I don't talk to them.

It was Tuesday afternoon and they were drunk, they are always drunk.  That or strung up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:37 pm »

English majors stood me up.

GJ, guys.  I'll be laughing when you fail.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: March 16, 2010, 09:12:58 pm »

Pffft. It just takes the fun away when you know they'll get their karmic comeuppance.

Still, I'm considering an English major, so perhaps I should shut up.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: March 16, 2010, 09:14:59 pm »

I got a stomach flu. D:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: March 16, 2010, 09:16:21 pm »

Pffft. It just takes the fun away when you know they'll get their karmic comeuppance.

Still, I'm considering an English major, so perhaps I should shut up.

Here's a hint: If the math major is better at your subject than you are and you stand her up for a study session, she'll be laughing at you and your manicured toenails all the way to your C/D in the class.

Laughing.

Very, very loudly.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3429 on: March 16, 2010, 09:36:22 pm »

As if my day couldn't suck worse, it seemed my video card wanted in on the fun, and have my display drivers make my screen flip out and everything. Spent the next half hour reinstalling it missing out on the movie anyway.

Just to tempt fate: Just how much worse can this day get? I'm daring God big time. If already at rock bottom, dig deeper.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: March 17, 2010, 12:41:55 am »

How much worse could a day get? Hrmm... Well, for one, I just had the most disgusting experience of my life so far.

You see, at the chicken farm & abbotoir, they dig trenches to throw their various compost-y material. In spite of rational thought, they tend to dig them pretty much everywhere in a certain area. So, whilst on errands, I figured I'd run across to go check on a trap, before, lo and behold, I sink into a filled up, unmarked compost trench. I wouldn't have even known it was there were it not for the fact that I had up to my left thigh in it. If I wasn't running, I probably would have sunk further. As it was, I got the afternoon off on unpaid trauma leave, mostly because I was sitting in my underpants, calmly washing maggots out from inside my jeans with a hose.

I keep saying I'm gonna quit, but I never do. I need to get this shit under wraps.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: March 17, 2010, 12:47:22 am »

As if my day couldn't suck worse, it seemed my video card wanted in on the fun, and have my display drivers make my screen flip out and everything. Spent the next half hour reinstalling it missing out on the movie anyway.

Just to tempt fate: Just how much worse can this day get? I'm daring God big time. If already at rock bottom, dig deeper.
A vile force of darkness has arrived!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3432 on: March 17, 2010, 01:03:45 am »

A vile force of darkness has arrived!
Immediately when my partner for the day left (just before my solo night began), I literally got swarmed with 10+ customers ordering all kinds of crap. That wasn't the first siege to hit for the day either, I got hit by another one just as big mid-way, and then random ambushes just as I was about to make progress with the close-down and breaking down the machines for cleaning. I was thinking that everytime it happened.

Apparently, it seems that when you see one person, and only one person working behind a counter all day, with a window that looks inside to see what goes on in the background, "There must be an army of workers in there. What's all that clanging and running water noise; who cares? This is a perfect time to order! :D " :facepalm: I hate tourists and snowbirds.

Let's not forget that anytime I have anything absolutely time-sensetive that must be watched and monitored closely and served im-freaking-mediately when it's done cooking, I always get a customer ordering the largest most contrived order you can think of JUST before I can answer the beeper (Always, always, always; no concept of "Hold on. I MUST get this taken care of", and I'm the rude one. I'm just trying to keep 100+ customers satisfied for 8 damn hours a day (if I'm lucky).). Just to spite, and test if everyone in the store is gorrammed deaf, I just leave the "filter" buzzer going on for a good hour or so. PEOPLE ARE GORRAMED DEAF!!! Only my co-workers have informed me that they're bothered, and not a single complaint from a customer about it at all. What the hell?! Let's not forget, my customers can't tell a (permanent) marker time-stamp from a printed price tag to save their life. Even with both of them on the same sticker.

I hate my job, and hope something comes along to get me outta there. My customers are fucking retarded, and many of the elderly are too young to be senile either. I can see right through their bullshit. They are either as dumb as they look or sociopaths, or worst-case-scenario, both. I think looking much younger than I really am adds to, or is the cause of, the problems. I truly believe they think I'm half my actual age. Looking in a mirror wearing the sponsored cap (which is apparently mandatory), I look like a dumb teen.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:22:14 am by Itnetlolor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: March 17, 2010, 01:31:25 am »

I'll swap you, Itnet.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:15 am »

Awesome job, stomach.  First you don't let me eat, and then you make me hungry at 1 in the morning.

Things I have eaten today:

1 piece of bread with hummus
1 cookie (small)
2 mugs chai tea with a little whole milk and sugar (hooray caffeine rage)
1 glass fruit juice
1 cup tofu vegetable stirfry
1/2 cup or so kheer rice pudding

Yup, I'm an idiot, because that's roundabout 300-400 kcal, and I didn't notice I pretty much didn't eat today.  At least I'm going to bed now so I'll have a chance at eating a little breakfast tomorrow, though stress might make that difficult once again.  No wonder I've noticeably lost a good deal of weight and have been crying more recently =/

Bloody hell.  I want a sandwich with vegetables and cheese and sprouts and pesto and tomatoes (not counted in vegetable count because it's a fruit).  They never serve stuff like that here--just meat and cheese sandwiches for the omnivores, and no sandwichish delicious for vegetarians.  At least I'm going home on Friday, which will hopefully make more food possible.

Okay, time to pass out.  Laters.

Edit: thank god, had half a sandwich in the refrigerator left over from Saturday.  Oh man I want to eat an entire onion and a lemon and a spicy pepper thing and a billion or so sandwiches.  And two dozen curries and a plate of pad thai and channa batura and green curry and panang curry and pineapple uthappam and green tea ice cream.

Over the next month or so.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 02:56:11 am by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 8167