Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466231 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3390 on: March 13, 2010, 04:31:55 pm »

I have a really old computer too, that reminds me that I should back up some of my shit...

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: March 13, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »

No. It was at ABC Computer Repair.
It all started when I got back from Alice in Wonderland...

Short story shorter:
Screen flickered, would go black.
Graphics all fucky.
Sound screwy.
only happened when loaded windows.
Reformatted.
No change.
A single call, and I know its dead.
200 dollars to fix AT LEAST.
Now I am sad.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:57 pm »

Yeah, as computers get older so do the parts in them.
Capacitors have a habit of not working after awhile.  Although 8 years sounds too short.

The same goes for transistors.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3393 on: March 13, 2010, 06:12:07 pm »

Yadda yadda yadda.
Don't zip your mouth up or keep away from the keyboard. This is the very place that you should be doing this complaining to let it all out. It doesn't matter if we challenge your feelings about this or that, if we think you're wrong. It's important that you let it all out, because we're here to help by listening and commenting.

We might be unfairly aggressive, or we might not be unfairly aggressive enough. But I'm pretty confident it'll be better for you to tell it here than to keep it all locked in.

That being said, I'd like to say that I wholeheartedly appreciate the way you put TVTropes links when you make posts. It's very well integrated and points me to interesting articles.
Thanks for putting that in a little more perspective. I'm still going to rage out a bit here and there, but I should at least rationalize myself before I type because even I can see some errors in my own perception and it turns up too late to make the correction to the point that it sounds more like complaining like a child than expressing discomfort in a more orderly fashion.

And for today's "Crap Moment of the Day":
Well, I had my share of annoying customers, but considering it's a common incident, I'll omit it since it's the same crap. The real crap was basically that I was right about chewing out my sister for the You just had to say it and it turned out I was assigned to work on the day of the party. Fortunately my managers were both around for me to intervene and attempt to get the day off. Considering all sorts of things in the way, I assumed that I had less than a percent chance of getting the day off. Fortunately, my mind just had to wander to "As long as it isn't zero percent..."; and sure enough, somehow I got the day off.

Okay, so that should belong in Happy instead since it defied odds. However, my sister owes me 20 bucks. I called it.

Actually, speaking of money, the real crapper was that I wasn't able to get my check cashed in today (because apparently the bank is closed on Saturdays), and because of that I had less money than I thought. Lunch for today was a decent price, but just a dollar or so overdrawn (having to refill the gas tank by a few bucks. I just hope I can beat the bank before they process it and screw me over like they did with Steam. At least I know the precise reason why my Steam account was a major factor in my debt now. It turns out they delay processing for some time over the weekends; and because of that, that's why I had all those problems with Steam to begin with. But yeah; they screw me out, I'll see what I can do to renegotiate with Valve to relocate the payments so I can recover, but use a different account. But I may not be believed. Thank goodness for solid proof.

If not for the lunch break (and hearing some tunes on my PSP) I'd probably be in a more rotten mood. Plus, it looks nice out. Maybe I'll go for a walk. Get the rest of today vented out.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 13, 2010, 06:36:34 pm »

This thread makes me sad...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: March 15, 2010, 03:05:04 am »

Yeah, whatever.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:52:50 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: March 15, 2010, 03:10:11 am »

Okay, I do see one things wrong with that, namely that you're advocating pretending to be someone you're not simply because, what? People don't like you? Some people don't like you. I like you, and dealing with people not liking you is a part of everyday life in this day and age. Or rather, ignoring the people who don't like you is a part of everyday life.

Besides, I only know Armok, I don't know the boy behind the profile. If Armok shares some traits (or all traits) with him, that's Armok, and so he can't be Armok any more than he already is.

Other than that, I don't feel like responding so much as I feel like watching others respond. This will be fun.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:18:44 am by Jackrabbit »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: March 15, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

Fact:  Half of the posts in the sad thread are that this thread makes them sad.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: March 15, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

An Armok-Inspired Haiku:
It makes me quite sad
To think how happy I'd be
Were I not so sad

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: March 15, 2010, 02:38:01 pm »

Ever since I bought Eclipse Phase, I have been just sacrificing internet just so I can read it because my sister's computer gets in the way.
It makes me sad because I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :\

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: March 15, 2010, 02:40:29 pm »

Awwww, Tack.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: March 15, 2010, 03:05:11 pm »

Okay, I do see one things wrong with that, namely that you're advocating pretending to be someone you're not simply because, what? People don't like you? Some people don't like you. I like you, and dealing with people not liking you is a part of everyday life in this day and age. Or rather, ignoring the people who don't like you is a part of everyday life.
Everyone loves me so I dont really know much about this whole pretending to care about peoples problems thing, but Im pretty sure Armok is not the only one here who does it around here.

Armoks just not very subtle... about it...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: March 15, 2010, 03:07:24 pm »

*stands around staring blankly and looking like an idiot*
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: March 15, 2010, 03:09:58 pm »

Man, these long threads are so full of filler.

I can't read them, yucky.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: March 15, 2010, 03:14:24 pm »

Awwww, Tack.

Well, I was going to keep it up there, but I figured it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth. Nobody needs to read that shit.

Also. I had a dream last night. While in almost every way being a great dream, it reminded me of how much I miss a certain person. Which is never a fun feeling when you wake up.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 8167