Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465638 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3360 on: March 11, 2010, 11:59:17 am »

Toonyman is being weird and has blocked me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »

That was like a few days ago dude.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 11, 2010, 12:52:10 pm »

Failed my parking test, which means that I lost four hours of my life.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 11, 2010, 01:02:55 pm »

My current job is stable and pays well, but is boring and unengaging. My old job was good work and relevant tomy schooling, but paid terribly and was irregular. Nevertheless, I face a quandry.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: March 11, 2010, 01:20:57 pm »

Too much cheap wine make maggarg head hurt.
bleeegh.

I never get hangover headaches.

I do, however, get terrible terrible stomach sickness, lingering light sensitivity, and continual woozyness for the better part of the day after.

Like today. A curse on your house, Captain Henry Morgan. And your boat.
This stuff was like death and acid.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 11, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »

You still have me bloked though, Toony.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 11, 2010, 02:36:33 pm »

Yeah?
I do right?
I think I do.
Yes I do.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: March 12, 2010, 12:24:52 am »

Today went by too quickly.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3368 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:59 pm »

My stupid job wanted me to stick around for 2 more hours than I was supposed to, add to it, the person I was supposed to be working with tonight backed out, and I had to close down solo again. And to put a cherry on top, my customers are complete dicks. Stepford Smilers... All of them.

These kinds of people tempt me to slice off my own fingers on the meatslicers, just for the hell of it. They're that gorram annoying.

Example:
Stepford Smiler comes along, stirs up a chat, manage to be friendly the whole time; I serve up his order, only to run out of meat part-way through. Grabbing a fresh one to continue the batch, he decides he wants it fresh (IE- throw out what I already sliced, and slice up a new fresh pound; all while 2/3rd complete with his order); frustrated, but complying with "The customer knows every damn thing better than you", I decided to wrap up the slicings and stow them for any future customers. I open the new pack, and on the way to delivering it, the entire thing falls onto the floor (which hasn't been swept yet since I had yet to get to the task) and because it's value (and safety) plummeted, I had to throw it out. The guy continues to leave in a good attitude saying "no problem". I give 1/10 odds he filed a complaint against me for "rude service". Mind you, these units of meat are damn pricey apiece, and I had to throw one out; at least a good $30-$50 in value; especially since it wasn't a store brand. Yeah, the higher-quality stuff. That's bad enough as it stands.

I wish people were more honest with their personality in person; I hate being the only one that does so.

Oh, and to also add to how crap this day has gotten, apparently tons of people went out of their way, not to order any food, but to mock my appearance wearing a beard-guard, hairnet, a smock/apron, and a sponsored cap. What I wouldn't give to have psychic abilities today. And due to a schedule adjustment, I'm working the same amount of hours tomorrow. And chances are also that I will miss out on my mom's birthday party next week (big gathering, much fun, etc.) because of the very likely chance I will have to work on that day, all because I was told about it. Had to explain to my sister about the trope You Just Had to Say It; and she calls me pessimistic. I bet she never experienced this trope yet.

And lastly, I missed a Reasonable Movie Presentation, which I planned on seeing tonight to wind down. Reminder: Never make plans... EVER. They'll only be setup to never be fulfilled.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:10:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 12, 2010, 10:08:05 pm »

I see that Stanford Smile thing as well, I always like to spoof it.  It's pretty funny because I can interact with others that do it, but people that see through my disguise have a good (inside) laugh.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 13, 2010, 01:12:59 am »

my customers are complete dicks.

Stepford Smiler comes along, stirs up a chat, manage to be friendly the whole time; I serve up his order, only to run out of meat part-way through. Grabbing a fresh one to continue the batch, he decides he wants it fresh (IE- throw out what I already sliced, and slice up a new fresh pound; all while 2/3rd complete with his order); frustrated, but complying with "The customer knows every damn thing better than you", I decided to wrap up the slicings and stow them for any future customers. I open the new pack, and on the way to delivering it, the entire thing falls onto the floor (which hasn't been swept yet since I had yet to get to the task) and because it's value (and safety) plummeted, I had to throw it out. The guy continues to leave in a good attitude saying "no problem". I give 1/10 odds he filed a complaint against me for "rude service". Mind you, these units of meat are damn pricey apiece, and I had to throw one out; at least a good $30-$50 in value; especially since it wasn't a store brand. Yeah, the higher-quality stuff. That's bad enough as it stands.

I wish people were more honest with their personality in person; I hate being the only one that does so.

You have given no indicator that they are a Stepford Smiler other than that they appear pleasant. He could have simply been legitimately pleasant, from what I see.

It doesn't feel right to bring this up after it was already put down again, but based on your past posts, I'm of the idea that you may be making that conclusion that he's a Stepford Smiler unfairly. You seem predisposed to assume the worst in people. I don't mean that to be harsh, but it doesn't come out any other way and I'm not going to use three times the words to beat around the bush.

Obviously, I wasn't there and you were, so maybe you saw some hints from inbetween expressions when he thought you weren't looking or something like that. But I know that I am like how he outwardly was--I don't mind waiting to be serviced, I let people take their time, I'm almost never in a rush or hurry. It's so easy to be calm and nonchalant when you don't have too many places to be.

I am too passive sometimes, too trusting, and perhaps too optimistic. I'm predisposed to assume the best in people, in fact, so I have a bias myself. But I think it's very possible, based on the info above, that you're in the wrong because you assume many internal personality traits counter to his external demeanor.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: March 13, 2010, 01:17:16 am »

I do have to agree. I can see nothing he did that could be seen as objectionable, apart from changing his order midway. People do that, I've done that. At the time, I didn't think it was a problem. Obviously it was, but he probably didn't realize it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: March 13, 2010, 01:20:57 am »

Yeah, maybe he was just really chill.  You need to stop being proactively pissed off at everyone, Itnet.  Not everyone is a dick.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: March 13, 2010, 01:52:46 am »

I'm going insane from loneliness again, and I didn't even notice until today.  Goddammit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3374 on: March 13, 2010, 02:02:52 am »

I just remembered that whenever I get like I did, I gotta zip my mouth up. Or in this case, keep my fingers off a keyboard. Starting to not appear normal and more like a complaining nitwit. Very unlike how I usually am.

BTW, try being a welcome mat sometime; being negative becomes a natural trait eventually. Especially when being positive and helpful to be kind eventually becomes mandatory. I just don't want to develop any tumors, ulcers, or severe mental disorders for holding it in for too long.

It's surprising to look back at myself from the past, and just see how completely different I turned out by comparison. I'd never expect myself to become how I am today from back then. Then again, in a past life, I was an optimist, and never saw it coming.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:09:41 am by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 8167