Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462908 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3315 on: March 09, 2010, 10:51:09 pm »

If you're feeling vengefully lonely, maybe you should take one of those girls up on their offer instead of shooting them down for kicks.  That'll get rid of half your problem, and killing dwarves can take care of the other.
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: March 09, 2010, 10:56:24 pm »

Hmm. Are you sure you shot her down out of anger? or could it be becuase of some other reason?

How does this logic work?

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: March 09, 2010, 11:55:49 pm »

I second Cthulhu, although I can fully understand the reasoning behind what you say, it does seem somewaht silly to shoot down people because you're bitter about being lonely.

I can't really talk though. I have a lot that makes me sad today.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: March 10, 2010, 01:15:38 am »

A lot went wrong today. The girl I asked out on Friday wasn't in the lab today, so I didn't get to talk to her. I then discovered that I didn't copy her phone number down correctly, so I can't call her either. I was distracted the rest of the day, and this led me to make a very elementary mistake, which cost me about thirty minutes of meticulous fiddling, an hour of waiting, and half of my DNA samples that I spent all of Friday preparing. I'm going to go into the lab extra early tomorrow morning, then fly through the process and hopefully finish a two-hour procedure in about an hour and a half before rushing off to work for a ten-hour shift.

Duuhuuh. Hopefully my date on Thursday with said girl will cheer me up.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3319 on: March 10, 2010, 03:17:13 am »

If you're feeling vengefully lonely, maybe you should take one of those girls up on their offer instead of shooting them down for kicks.  That'll get rid of half your problem, and killing dwarves can take care of the other.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm. Are you sure you shot her down out of anger? or could it be becuase of some other reason?

How does this logic work?

I second Cthulhu, although I can fully understand the reasoning behind what you say, it does seem somewhat silly to shoot down people because you're bitter about being lonely.

I can't really talk though. I have a lot that makes me sad today.

If you want worst-case scenarios (or best-case scenarios of fun), look to me for some stories. It's a miracle I can talk myself out of suicide by calling it a very boring death or something unsuitable for someone like me to do. Of course, it never got to the point of going through with it; more like contemplating if it's a good idea or not. Funny enough, if there's a bad enough situation, I actually see that if I am not guaranteed success, then I'll see just how badly I can fail at it (or how much fun I can have with it).

Now that I think of it; thanks to such a harsh past, I think I have turned rather masochistic. More to contain my anger, frustration, and pain; than to let it out on people. I guess I'm just running out of room.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:30:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: March 10, 2010, 03:23:39 am »

People
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: March 10, 2010, 03:46:32 am »

Suck. But anyway.

Yeah, Itnetlolor. That is kind of depressing...

WHY is it that Deadlycairn is always the only person to catch all of my immediately-omitted shit?
Like, All of it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:27:38 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: March 10, 2010, 04:02:33 am »

Itnetlolor, you sound like me on a bad day, except meaner.

No offence meant, I'm just struck by the apparent similarities. Even the event you mentioned as one of the causes for your attitude has happened to me, although I try to be philosophical about it. Philosophical meaning blame myself. Win some, lose some.

Anyway, school makes me sad today. I'm finding it more and more stressful, and now I think some of the teachers think I've got epilepsy or something along those lines, due to an almost humourous misunderstanding.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: March 10, 2010, 10:33:56 am »

Geez, Lord Dakoth, Itnetlolor, myself... apparently it's Lonely Hearts week at Bay12. We could probably simplify half of this thread to a vote with three choices.

I'm sad today because:
1) I'm lonely
2) School/work sucks
3) I cant play a game

But that would ruin the commiseration. Still, the level of similarity in the forum demographic is... almost uncanny.

And now, it's time for...

15-Minute Amateur Psychoanalyses, with Solifuge:

Itnetlolor, I think you are more afraid of hurt and rejectio than you may know. You're acting with mistrust as your default reaction when you're talking with people, and perhaps reading too much into what they say. Sometimes people just want to be nice, because it makes them feel good. Other times, people want to honestly compliment you. Very rarely do people give backhanded compliments, even if they have a strong reason to dislike you... people aren't nearly as duplicitous as you may think. As a semi-reformed person of duplicity, I have personal evidence of this. :P

Self-confidence and worth is a difficult thing to build up, especially in the face of past damage... but when you deny yourself from accepting what is likely an honest compliment at its base, you are actually hurting yourself. Like putting colored lenses over a floodlight, you're filtering out the honest good-will of others with universal mistrust, brought on by past hurts. All that's passing through these mental filters are feelings of their words being forced or false.

As an exercise, just try to accept their words as true. When you want to mistrust what someone says, realize that you might be reading too much into things... and just accept it at face value. Even if someone is giving a backhanded compliment at some point, you can undermine any power their words may have if you take them as straightforward, and then move on with your life.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:04 pm »

I've been moderatel busy today looking up apartments around campus. It wouldn't be a big deal if my mother wasn't such a pain when it comes to things like this, asking the same question over and over.

Of course, she still seems to want a visa to follow us around, and this is the reason why I find this to be bad news: The closest appartment I found is a three bedroom appartment.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: March 10, 2010, 12:22:29 pm »

The 2 cards with $100 on both of them I mentioned on the happy thread.
Because my sister really wanted these clothes, now I have 4 cards, one with $82(which is the only on she didn't use), one with $18, one with $22.23, and one with $14.01.
What the fuck.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: March 10, 2010, 12:39:52 pm »

Did she trade you or something?  Because if she traded you and you knew there was less money on them, that's not exactly her fault.  If she pulled some shenanigans on you, though, then there's a beatdown required.
Shoes...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:12 pm »

I had 2 cards with $100 dollars on each and so did she.
She couldn't buy her clothes with either of her cards, so she asked to use mine. I got her old cards, but it's difficult to buy stuff when I have to manage 4 different cards. She still owes me $15 now. :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: March 10, 2010, 12:43:57 pm »

Man, who buys clothes for enjoyment anyway?  I buy clothes because I have to wear stuff, not because clothes are cool and awesome.
Shoes...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: March 10, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »

Man, who buys clothes for enjoyment anyway?  I buy clothes because I have to wear stuff, not because clothes are cool and awesome.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 8167