Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462827 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3300 on: March 09, 2010, 05:59:29 pm »

I only say foolish things when I have been sleep deprevid to the point of mental inhibation euivelent to intoxiacation. In wich case I'll regret what I said the day after.

I'm not sure what you mean by "uppity", is it simply a synonym to high status behavior?

This is the DF fourms, if there is anyplace you can be technical it shuld be here right?

I don't think peaple are to *stupid* to get stuff, but I frequenty build my reasoning on assumoptions that evryone are omnidiciplin ary scientists, and I'm not good enoguht at explaining stuff to phrase it in laymans terms, so I simply give up. I also tend to be frustrated by then so maybe it comes of wrong. I don't know evrything, I just hapen to know a lot in some hundred narow obscure but highly appliable areas.

I just have reallly really sucky social skills, i honestly try to be nice and accsepting.

Ninjaedit: well, my thought proccesess generaly are based upon entire books or websites and cant really be shortened, so unless I can find the link to the website in question I can't really back my statments withoute as a first stem giving an entire course in the basics of the area. And as I said multiple times I suck at explaining things so even if I had the time i probably couldnt do that adequately.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: March 09, 2010, 06:01:10 pm »

Sorry, the posts just annoy me and I feel that responding to them helps noone.  Therefore I have decided to simply ignore them completely.  No need to respond, I won't see or read it.

Hey, if I put an asterisk in my ignore list, will I REALLY start ignoring everyone?  Wow, that'd be pretty anti-social :P.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: March 09, 2010, 06:01:46 pm »

I do get that. You're not the best at social interaction. This isn't something that's easy to change, especially over the net; but it's not going away. Perhaps the best thing would be to spend less time on here, although I want to make it clear I'm not telling you to leave. See if you can develop your social skills in other ways.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:03:31 pm by Jackrabbit »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: March 09, 2010, 06:10:55 pm »

I JUST BOUGHT METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SUBSISTENCE

THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

BUT

GAMESTOP ONLY GAVE ME DISC 2

FUUUUCKKKKKKK

I am very angry right now, I just got home after a very long day (with a little break) and I was hoping to play this.

Fuck you Gamestop.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: March 09, 2010, 06:12:46 pm »

Man, fuck video game stores. Overpriced, bad service, runs out of the best games quickly and they make something like a 400% profit from reselling games.

Digital distribution better shut them down pretty damn quickly.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: March 09, 2010, 06:14:34 pm »

At least the bonus disc comes with the original Metal Gear 1 and 2.  I never played those and they sound fun for tonight.

:-D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: March 09, 2010, 06:17:47 pm »

I hope you like homing missiles.
 They are basically "You win the boss now" weapon.

And yeah, both Math and Philosophy have shown me that I messed something up. a 56% on my first major math test and a minor Philosophy paper that due to a misunderstanding likely will get a similar grade. Still, my Philosophy teacher seemed kinda cool about it. He said something along the lines of if he likes it he'll accept my slightly different subject matter.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: March 09, 2010, 06:26:06 pm »

And yeah, both Math and Philosophy have shown me that I messed something up. a 56% on my first major math test and a minor Philosophy paper that due to a misunderstanding likely will get a similar grade.

Oh no.... good luck catching up.  Don't worry too much--it IS possible, so just keep trying hard.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: March 09, 2010, 06:31:40 pm »

At least the bonus disc comes with the original Metal Gear 1 and 2.  I never played those and they sound fun for tonight.

:-D

Ooh they are. Message me on steam if you need help. I know them pretty well.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: March 09, 2010, 06:36:04 pm »

And yeah, both Math and Philosophy have shown me that I messed something up. a 56% on my first major math test and a minor Philosophy paper that due to a misunderstanding likely will get a similar grade.

Oh no.... good luck catching up.  Don't worry too much--it IS possible, so just keep trying hard.
This is the second semester of community college, it ain't the end of the world and funding. Not to mention at this level the professors are allowed to remove the lowest test grade like it never happened. Now I just need to make sure none of my future math tests are fuckups.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: March 09, 2010, 08:33:17 pm »

This is the second semester of community college, it ain't the end of the world and funding. Not to mention at this level the professors are allowed to remove the lowest test grade like it never happened. Now I just need to make sure none of my future math tests are fuckups.

Heh, I've taken courses where both my midterms were removed ._.  It's not just at community colleges, dude.

Anyway, that's good to hear.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3311 on: March 09, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »

Now that I've returned from work (finally), I had some responses leading to a semi-rational explanation of how my mind warped from having been a good person in my past, and after enough abuse I adapt to the environment, and become my abusers. Or something to that effect.

After mulling about what I said earlier at work, I have come to a conclusion to apologize for giving really bad advice based on my counts of really bad experiences. For that, sorry for opening up that can of worms. It seems anything relating to... well, relationships of any kind seems to set me off. Consider it a really bad case of jealousy mixed with vengeful loneliness. In a way, to better explain that vengeance plan (which screws me out of a possible friendship as well): Basically, I have a decent ability to read people, their intentions, and so on; and once the wrong trigger is tripped, I go into a mode of total jackassery and decide that since this person is rather attractive, and likely never experienced the pain I have suffered in my past before, especially since it seems she's the shooter most the time... DRAW! And that's where I blow it; however, it was being the gentleman (just looking for someone to hang out with even) which also caused most of the shoot downs, me on the receiving end. In turn, my mind decides to return the favor to that type of person, provided they match the specs.

Now that I have more information about it, and got other perspectives on the idea, I now notice that as rational it may have seemed in my head, it was a rather irrational reaction. For that, I apologize. In a way, I just feel like God screwed me over big time, and I'm providing him with an invoice one way or another. And if it seemed as if it was a whole entitlement thing; I didn't mean it that way, it just... well, I'm a perfect example of what happens when someone that may have genuinely been mostly good in their past finally snaps. Not a pretty sight indeed.

Considering I realized what just happened and the reactions to my statement; this tune ran through my head all throughout work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyZDZCGQJf8
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:29:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: March 09, 2010, 09:27:10 pm »

I hope to discuss this further with you Lolor, as I can sympathize with such hateful emotions, although I've never actually acted on them.

I too need to leave, but I will return to provide a better explanation of what I mean.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: March 09, 2010, 10:12:37 pm »

I think I did pretty bad on my Stats test.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: March 09, 2010, 10:27:39 pm »

Big bro was having one of those "nuttier than pecan pie" moods, saying with absolute certainty that he's possessed and that the medication only makes him forget he has a problem.  He also had a screaming fit.  I promised (more to calm him down, although I certainly wish things could turn out this way) to talk to my pastor about arranging an exorcism and/or miraculous healing for my bro's schizophrenia.  Certainly calmed him down, but now of course... if God doesn't heal him, I wonder if he's able to be a good sport about it.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 8167