Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9461247 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3285 on: March 09, 2010, 03:25:01 pm »

That may have been the quickest I've seen the forum mobilize to jump on one person. Subject matter aside, I'm surprised.

Also, I can understand how Itnetlolor can feel that way. As most folks know, rejection sucks, no matter what form it may take. In the complex soup of emotions that attraction and love represent, there can be a lot of anger, hurt, pain, and lonliness mixed in with all the good parts. Opening up to people like that also opens you up to a world of hurt if you are shot down.

The trick of it is, don't let the pain be what you take from the experience, though. Let it turn into a lesson that you learn from; learn what you're looking for in others, and what they are looking for. Don't externalize the hurt that it causes you, and put it on someone completely different in a human approximation of Karma... it's not fair to anyone else, and though it may feel good at the moment, it will only make you bitter in the long run.

As in all things, what will be will be. Being sad and hurt sucks horrible lemons, but in time it passes. Talk to people about it to vent, let the hurt go, whatever works for you... but don't hold it against someone else that they're looking for a different person. Just as you have preferences, so do others. When they match up, it's awesome. When they don't, it doesn't mean the gloves of civility have to come off.

</soapbox>

Girls are still crazy, though.

EDIT: That may be what makes them awesome, actually.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:28:01 pm by Solifuge »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: March 09, 2010, 04:25:22 pm »

Girls are still crazy, though.

EDIT: That may be what makes them awesome, actually.

>____>

I don't fully understand where this interpretation comes from, but hokay.  I mean yes, we are perhaps a bit odd sometimes, but I don't understand why we have this entire whole "women are crazy and men are simpletons" situation.

I can agree with "some women have bizarro social standards, while some men could think a bit more with their nice developed prefrontal cortex," but "crazy" and "stupid" seems a bit much.  Maybe it's just because it's easier to say, or maybe I'm female and so I don't see the crazy... enh, who knows.

I am sad because someone behind me apparently just divided by zero.  This is always a terrible occurrence.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: March 09, 2010, 04:36:00 pm »

Both men and women are both crazy and stupid, according to me. But then thats the expected result from something hacked togeter by an evolution.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: March 09, 2010, 04:45:12 pm »

You know Lolor, when I first began reading your various rants, I concluded that you were a capable, intelligent person. However, as the rants continued, I began seeing an odd trend of "Everyone in the world is retarded except me" or some implication thereof. Now, I simply see this trend due the to the sheer quantity of times it comes up, not because I'm analyzing your posts in any meaningful way. Now, while I don't object to your rants, I'm starting to want to know the other side of the story, even if it's not possible.

Anyway, something bizarre happened. I went to do my laundray today, and I go into my wallet to get my laundry card... and it's not there. EXTREMELY bizarre, since I only ever take it out to do my laundry, and then it gets promptly tucked back into the little pocket that is it's home. Now, my memory is one of the most terrible things on the planet, and so I'm desperately trying to remember why might have happened to it. Now it's POSSIBLE that I might have accidentally left it inside the Dryer the last time I did laundry, and thus it got stolen by the next stranger that came along. On the other hand, I hide my wallet inside a pouch in my luggage when I'm not using it, so it could have been stolen by my roommate or sweepmate, but that'd be odd as well since he'd have to of passed up my money, other valuables, and then went straight for the laundry card which only had 25 cents on it, and then put it right back. Damnit, I had to sink 5 dollars into getting a new one. If I find that my roommate took it, he's paying me back or he's gone, reported to the Main Office and moved to another room.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: March 09, 2010, 04:46:19 pm »

Sorry, Armok.  You are now on my ignore list.

There doesn't seem to much point of this feature though, considering I can still see it in the thread review underneath... eh.

And saying "All girls are crazy" is a seriously odd statement, considering they comprise just over half of the world population.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »

Aww, hell.  Why am I so lazy... I should get off my ass and get back to work, seriously, but I just don't want to.  I started working at 9 and have kept working off-and-on until  now, but I just hate this class so much.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 09, 2010, 04:51:06 pm »

There doesn't seem to much point of this feature though, considering I can still see it in the thread review underneath... eh.

And saying "All girls are crazy" is a seriously odd statement, considering they comprise just over half of the world population.

Ha, I read "Odd statement" as "Understatement". Take that as you will.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: March 09, 2010, 05:02:12 pm »

I don't think women are any less or more insane then men... but this doesn't excuse them from the madness that is the human condition.

Quirks are pretty universal. I think culture and gender roles might encourage certain neurosis and behavior by the pressures of "normalcy".

If that was too abstract, sorry. My brain is getting into broad-focus mode.

EDIT: Oh god... that wasn't supposed to be a pun, but yes.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 05:04:40 pm by Solifuge »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 09, 2010, 05:13:10 pm »

Just wondering, why? Armok seems to get on everyone's nerves a lot, but I can never figure out why. (probably because I'm horrendous at reading people. I must be no fun to be a jerk to, because I simply don't notice.) Sure, he gets a bit full of himself sometimes, but nobody's perfect, and it doesn't seem to get too out of hand most of the time. People are crazy/stupid sometimes, and until we master either gene manipulation or cybernetics that won't change.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: March 09, 2010, 05:25:30 pm »

If you don't understand now either you've not interacted with him enough or you won't ever understand. So best course of action: don't worry about it.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:00 pm »

I second dragnar, I have no idea why peaple would sudenly hate me, is my gramar really THAT bad?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:50 pm »

The hilarious thing is he doesn't get it either. Oh well.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: March 09, 2010, 05:31:29 pm »

I second dragnar, I have no idea why peaple would sudenly hate me, is my gramar really THAT bad?

... It's not about your grammar, doodabuddy, it's about the way you generally come off when you're talking to people.  Somewhat uppity and technical-minded.  It makes it hard to explain things to you when your typical response is "you're too stupid to get it, clearly."

Well, anyway.  It makes me sad that I had to say that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: March 09, 2010, 05:32:02 pm »

Not to be rude Armok, but if you haven't gotten it after all this time, it's not likely you will. Vector's right. You're very uppity and rude, and most of the time you act like you're above others even when you say something foolish.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: March 09, 2010, 05:50:37 pm »

And then when people call you on it you throw out an "I'm right and I've proven it but the proof is too detailed and complicated to say here" and run.

A lot of us are still waiting for these volumes of information you supposedly have but won't reveal to us.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 8167