Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457119 times)

Tofu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3180 on: March 03, 2010, 12:47:10 pm »

Came over a couple of pictures of ye olde homeland, that I'm currently in, and want to get out of.
By that,I mean the pictures made me realize how incredibly deserted and empty Norway truly is.
It's a hollow shell of a country, and every single time I look out the window I get reminded of it.
I'm just being emo right now I guess.

I realized that I'm doing worse than I should at school, even though the fact is, I'm pretty smart. I get either 4, 5 or 6 at all tests( I think that's c,b or a for you "other" people. )
Although I have never once studied to a single test in my entire life.
Those 4s and 5s should be all be at a steady 6, but god damn it I'm to fracking lazy.

To top this off, the last pair of pants I have at my disposal have been ruined....yeah, I have no wearable pants.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3181 on: March 03, 2010, 03:12:54 pm »

It's my day off, and I woke up just an hour ago. At least I had one hell  of an immersive dream. Unfortunately, it was just another "real life" except I had my own apartment, roommate and everything I owned, and all sorts of things, and because I had things going right more of the time, it was absolutely boring; just another day; except in another dream.

Now I know I live for misery. Martyrdom = excitement I realized. Not  exactly the kind of news I wanted.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: March 03, 2010, 03:16:56 pm »

Tried to make sunny side up eggs today for breakfast.  Failed miserably, even broke one of the yolks before cooking.

Then I realized I forgot to make a lunch for work... and there wasn't enough bread to make a sandwich.
Then I got to work and realized it was my short day, so I didn't even need to make a lunch.

Big brother is having a rough day, his schizophrenia is flaring up.  He's also demanding to be cured and saying he's had enough of it.  Hard to reason with someone who demands a cure that doesn't exist and gets upset at anyone who admits there is no cure.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3183 on: March 03, 2010, 03:34:26 pm »

Tried to make sunny side up eggs today for breakfast.  Failed miserably, even broke one of the yolks before cooking.

Then I realized I forgot to make a lunch for work... and there wasn't enough bread to make a sandwich.
Then I got to work and realized it was my short day, so I didn't even need to make a lunch.

Big brother is having a rough day, his schizophrenia is flaring up.  He's also demanding to be cured and saying he's had enough of it.  Hard to reason with someone who demands a cure that doesn't exist and gets upset at anyone who admits there is no cure.
What kind of case of Schizo is this? Certain cures are possible depending on type. It's more a psychological thing, so it's more up to the person who has it whether to let it go or not. May not be a tangible cure, but it is an option. Unfortunately, I'll need more details to come up with a better idea.

BTW, what kind of case would be so bad that someone who has it would want it cured or removed? The only other reason I could think of is social reasons, or too much concern revolving around it by everyone around them. Otherwise, why not develop the flaw into a perk? At least, that's what I would do.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:41:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: March 03, 2010, 03:36:38 pm »

If he really, really wants it, maybe a placebo could work.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: March 03, 2010, 03:42:11 pm »

If he really, really wants it, maybe a placebo could work.

... Because everyone can get over schizophrenia if they believe it's not there ~

I don't even know what to say about this.  Good luck with your brother, Euld.  Hang in there.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: March 03, 2010, 05:24:50 pm »

Thanks Vector.  Yeah I wouldn't dare try a placebo, I'm sure it may convince him for a while that he's cured, but I'm pretty sure he has a real problem and it would come back regardless of whether he thought it was gone.  The official name of it is schizophrenia paranoia, he takes medication to help him function (his condition was bad enough that if medication were not possible, we probably would have institutionalized him :/).  He hears voices, feels things touching him that aren't there, has trouble with math beyond simple addition/subtraction/division/multiplication, is probably very forgetful (we often discuss the same things a few times a week, he acknowledges that we do that but insists the repetition helps), has trouble doing things on time and keeping a regular schedule, although he's teaching a class and working in a cafe now, so he's learning how to get around that. 

He used to believe demons are reprogrammed his family to ignore him (he'd get weird enough that we had no idea how to talk to him), would break things, flip out for no apparent reason, or was easily provoked to anger.  Now he's given up the demon thing (although he always asks me about it "just to make sure"), is relatively calm now but instead, he often starts crying out of nowhere, especially after he yawns.  I never ask why he cries, but the few times my mom did, he said "it's getting dark outside" and at a different time, "I miss grandpa" (that grandpa has been gone for... 15 years now?)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: March 03, 2010, 05:26:04 pm »

Oh my God I know I'm in a Prestigious Catholic Private College but Religion is a 75 minute lecture on why we should be good people. It's like I'm going to a Youth Group 3 times a week.

LET'S FOCUS ON THE HISTORY OF RELIGION, 'KAY GUYS? AT LEAST THEN IT WAS INTERESTING AND ACTUALLY MIGHT HAVE HELPED ME LATER IN LIFE.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: March 03, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »

Our religious studies lessons were always about learning the size and shapes of various religious buildings and the names of religious practises.  It was, in short, mindnumbingly boring.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:10 pm »

Our religious studies lessons were always about learning the size and shapes of various religious buildings and the names of religious practises.  It was, in short, mindnumbingly boring.
'Draw different types of crosses'?
'Make a poster showing the different religious symbols'?

Stupid Curriculum.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:39 pm »

At least I'm not alone.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:03 pm »

Stupid Curriculum.
Uhuh.  I wouldn't've minded actually learning about how people from other religions live, but no, it's far more important to learn a bunch of random words for Muslim practises and the exact layout of a church.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: March 03, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »

Stupid Curriculum.
Uhuh.  I wouldn't've minded actually learning about how people from other religions live, but no, it's far more important to learn a bunch of random words for Muslim practises and the exact layout of a church.

... That's funny.  We had to learn how people from other religions live, and I ended up spending hours surfing the internet learning cathedral parts and words for different Catholic vestments >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: March 03, 2010, 06:24:05 pm »

I think it's like the fact that only WW2 history I ever got taught in primary was the Occupation, the main medieval history was only A) Castle Design, and B) the wars we won/were winning at the time (Hastings/Agincourt, but not anything where the French kicked our longbow-wielding arses). Children aren't taught things that make their country seem like the baddies/losers. So it makes sense that a Catholic school wouldn't teach the times when Christianity was used by dicks for selfish reasons.

Stupid Curriculum.
Same here, but all we learned is what the symbols looked like, and then we were given extremely vague meanings for them. Nothing about the reasons for that particular symbol. Or we were given a worksheet about crosses (Maltese, Celtic, etc) and how to draw them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: March 03, 2010, 06:29:21 pm »

Do the British and French honestly still hold grudges against eachother?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 8167