Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455107 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3165 on: March 02, 2010, 05:51:02 pm »

I failed the test that counts for everthing.

Sad faec.

Can you retake it?
No.
Well it dosen't count for EVERYTHING, but damn near close to it. My only other hope was to make a hundred on the next test. But thats a completely ridiculous idea.

That automatic spellcheck gave me an horrifying mental image!
It just gave me an adorable mental image. :P

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: March 02, 2010, 06:19:19 pm »

So I'm taking it you can't do extra credit, or something similar?

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: March 02, 2010, 06:20:54 pm »

I failed the test that counts for everthing.

Sad faec.

Can you retake it?
No.
Well it dosen't count for EVERYTHING, but damn near close to it. My only other hope was to make a hundred on the next test. But thats a completely ridiculous idea.

That automatic spellcheck gave me an horrifying mental image!
It just gave me an adorable mental image. :P

That really sucks man. So the only way to pass is a hundred on your next test? Hope you do.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: March 02, 2010, 07:45:05 pm »

So I'm taking it you can't do extra credit, or something similar?
No. Worksheets wont help either. The test has too much weight on it.

That really sucks man. So the only way to pass is a hundred on your next test? Hope you do.
That's right, and thanks.

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:58 pm »

Judging by both the number of teenagers with their souls sucked out of them and the number of us who were like that and now enjoy life better in this thread, I think I wouldn't be totally out there to say that American public high schools in general seem to demotivate intelligent students.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: March 02, 2010, 10:31:06 pm »

Yep.
You get a reward for scoring an A on a test when you usually get C's.

Guess what happens when you score an A on a test when you usually get A's?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3171 on: March 02, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »

Caution: Wall-o-Text

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:40:24 pm by Itnetlolor »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33:51 pm »

I still have to deal with my father for another 147 days.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: March 02, 2010, 10:37:31 pm »

Don't like him?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: March 02, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »

@Itnetlolor:
If you are strong enough you can be happy.  You have to put your mind on things you enjoy, not on how God hates you.

Don't set your hopes up to fall.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3175 on: March 02, 2010, 10:51:39 pm »

@Itnetlolor:
If you are strong enough you can be happy.  You have to put your mind on things you enjoy, not on how God hates you.

Don't set your hopes up to fall.
Actually, I've come to the point in my life that I can count on my failures more than my successes, and I deliberately rig my odds to Xanatos levels. In a sense, I have to out-evil Evil in order to get what I want.

So to put it; I purposely fail so damn much, I give myself ridiculously bad odds, I bet myself to win, and do all I can to win where I know I have all sorts of personal guarantee of success, all while overall odds say the total opposite, and reap in all kinds of rewards and screw over whatever is apparently out to get me.

Or, in case anyone would be witness to how my mind works in these regards, and wish me the best and know I will win. Just to piss them off, I let failure win instead.

Nothing more fun that purposely disappointing (probably the only) somebody that can actually understand you.

It's kinda odd; I think I might have more fun in Hell than I ever will in Heaven. My life already has been one (despite how good my past may have looked from afar to anyone else). If I am to go to Hell at all, I would rather it be an Anti-Heaven (A Hell of my own making) than a generic Hell. At least then I know what to expect, and know I deserve it being hoisted by my own petard. Plus, I would choose it over Heaven out of spite, especially since I'm so damn familiar to it; and because good things always arrive so late, they're obsolete or completely useless/irredeemably worthless.

I can be happy; but it'll either cost me a week of normal days, or somebody else's.

Or to take it to sitcom levels; to get a date will cost a broken mirror (7 years).

EDIT:
Not suicidal here; just really pissed off that I was setup for failure without my consent again.

EDIT EDIT:
It turns out, according to my calculations; regarding resolving my debts, it will take me up to 6 weeks (if I'm lucky) to get out of debt, THEN recover my Steam account after. And that's from today onward. Merry fucking Christmas. And that there proves my point. I can never be happy; and whenever I screw myself over intentionally, it tends to backfire and work out for the better somehow. Masochism is the answer? I mean, it worked while I was in Atlanta. My cynicism and purposely being a woman-repellent/total asshole actually made me more appealing regardless my appearance or personality; further proving points I really don't want proven right.

Nice guys, I think I finally found the answer I've been looking for for ages. Follow my lead.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:22:59 am by Itnetlolor »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: March 02, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »

Don't like him?

Basically, if you take me, reverse the "keep it chill motto" lose all people skills with dealing with anyone other than inferiors, add a horrible obsession with fishing and keeping an orderly house, you get my father. We don't particularity get along. At all.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: March 02, 2010, 10:59:57 pm »

GODDAMMIT YOU BASTARDS STOP KILLING YOURSELVES!!

This is bad.  I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: March 03, 2010, 12:14:21 am »

My dad is a dick. I spent the whole evening making dinner, getting the younger siblings to take a freaking bath, washing up afterwards and dealing with the shit those three mongrels give me all the time. The next morning, my dad shouts at me for 'being a bully' because I had to drag my little sister to the bathroom. What the fuck, dad?!

I'm glad I'm homeschooled... no dicks like them to mess up my schoolwork... most of the time...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: March 03, 2010, 08:58:07 am »

Tried to make sunny side up eggs today for breakfast.  Failed miserably, even broke one of the yolks before cooking.

Then I realized I forgot to make a lunch for work... and there wasn't enough bread to make a sandwich.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 8167