Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451972 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #3075 on: February 25, 2010, 02:55:36 pm »

I'm really annoyed that Armok won't stop trying to find ways to bug me. If I don't wanna talk to someone that should be it, they shouldn't start acting like they're the victim or something.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: February 25, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »

Shit.
Lot's of it.

Alright so, it's sorta like a good-bad part of this whole real life thing.

You do your best blah blah stick to the high path, but I've been sticking to the high path forever.  It's wearing me thin, I get little sleep (mostly so I can enjoy something) and still manage to get up everyday doing the same routine.  I've been doing this for the past whole god damn life.  My only ounce of enjoyment is Bay12 and I can't imagine being without it dude.  I hear college is worse, but whatever I'll be able to do it or something.

I didn't get to the good part, did I?

Well, I get top grades?  Yeah I don't know why I do it either.  Wait, I do know why I'm just being stupid whatever.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 03:30:31 pm by ToonyMan »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 25, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »

Inverse trig.  and calculus.  At the same time.  Woah.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 25, 2010, 03:29:52 pm »

My calculator has a bigger instructions manual than my computer. And you actually need it just to be able to preform basic math without it returning everything as a fraction.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 25, 2010, 04:05:39 pm »

Did you get the 89?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3080 on: February 25, 2010, 05:02:01 pm »

I keep on getting timed out before I get my posts made now. I wonder what's up with that?

I hate having to repeat my posts. Gotta copy-paste my responses just in case now.

EDIT:
Okay, seriously, what the hell is up with all these session time-outs? Forum starting to crap-out again?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:27:57 pm by Itnetlolor »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 25, 2010, 10:21:24 pm »

My avatar broke.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 26, 2010, 09:09:00 am »

A friend of mine has a terrible husband.  :-\
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 26, 2010, 11:34:17 am »

I had to walk to the shops when it was pissing it down with rain and sleet. Came back completely sodden and blue with cold.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 26, 2010, 01:41:15 pm »

My laptop broke again. Ihad my df saves and my English essays on it. And I didn't back them up.

The Eviscerator of Gods

• Bay Watcher
  • Britannia's finest* paladin**
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 26, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »

Waking up
Tom Cruise never had sex w/ his wife that baby's an alien from Xenu.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 26, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090218064317AAcrIYO
This ruined my day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FAKE EDIT: In the middle of typing this, my browser froze and I had no option to restore those damn tabs. ):<

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 26, 2010, 04:58:21 pm »

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090218064317AAcrIYO
This ruined my day.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FAKE EDIT: In the middle of typing this, my browser froze and I had no option to restore those damn tabs. ):<

I think I have that actually... Well, the FPS on my current game if DF SUCKS. Hovering around 20. I want more!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 26, 2010, 11:46:26 pm »

Back when I was a senior in high school a bunch of the students and several teachers were playing this Facebook game called How Big is Your Brain.  There were four categories and you'd play a minigame that was ostensibly designed to test said category.  The first involved analytical skills and would either make you count blocks as fast as possible (I was pretty good at this) or present several items on scales and make you pick the heaviest item as quickly as possible (I was horrible at this); the second either presented an equation and made you pick the missing sign (I was alright at this, but math is my weak point) or just do generic arithmetic (I was bad at this, I'm not good at doing this stuff fast, and once it got into using parentheses I'd make little mistakes and little mistakes would for some reason throw me off balance and I'd start making retarded mistakes); the third was memory and would either be matching cards after seeing them for a second (I was good at this) or memorizing a lineup of objects (I was bad at this, especially when it got to the Japanese food products I had no way of quickly encoding); and the third was visual/spatial and either made you click asteroids with numbers/letters on them going from lowest to highest or alphabetical order (I was good at this) or pick which pieces are missing from a puzzle (I was bad at this, but I've gotten better)

I had the highest score with 2360, only one teacher was a few dozen points behind me.  It just sent me a notification because I haven't used it in months, and I tried it again.  It makes me mad now, because I've apparently atrophied, I'm getting barely 2000 points.  That makes me feel dumb and sad.
Shoes...

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 27, 2010, 09:09:01 am »

My laptop broke again. Ihad my df saves and my English essays on it. And I didn't back them up.

Keep the harddisk, even if the laptop broke it's unlikely to have killed the harddisk as well so you can always plug it back into something to get your files :)

I had the highest score with 2360, only one teacher was a few dozen points behind me.  It just sent me a notification because I haven't used it in months, and I tried it again.  It makes me mad now, because I've apparently atrophied, I'm getting barely 2000 points.  That makes me feel dumb and sad.

Assuming you played it a couple of times before getting the high score it probably just goes to show how much of the game is memory of previously seen questions. Much like why your scores improve on those DS games along the same line (and so why they sell so well)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:11:55 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 8167