Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9442998 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2820 on: February 17, 2010, 06:35:16 am »

Then the last thing you need is stress.  'Cause holy crap do you have a scary medical situation.

Wait, forget I said that.  You're solid Janet, you're a fighter.  We all know it.  You can lick anything, let alone a little stress.

First thing's first - ignore anything I say that pisses you off.  You don't need that, and whatever it is, I didn't stand by it anyway.

This here SAD thread?  This is what happens when I look at it.  I wind up sad.  Because I made Janet upset, and I like Janet.  Heck, I only clicked on it earlier today, because I saw she had posted and I figured it'd be something interesting, if only more Armok related crap.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:37:43 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: February 17, 2010, 06:35:57 am »

Holy Shit....

Kidney Stones. Ouch.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: February 17, 2010, 08:19:26 am »

Doing drivers ed.
3 hours every day tuesday through friday, this week.
then its monday to thursday,
then monday through tuesday.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:08 am »

Let me weave a tail for misery and woe to you 'Things that made you sad today thread.' I open a browser, intent on going to some webpage or another. I quickly start typing the websites name, only to have the Homepage declare to me that No, I didn't really want to be typing in the address bar, and moves my damn insertion point to the search bar! Leaving me with the tattered remnants of what once was my webpage, now forced to occupy two spaces at once. I hear it whisper 'Kill me.' with it's labored breaths. Which I am only too happy to do.

Seriously though, that really annoys me.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: February 17, 2010, 09:20:48 am »

Broke down and bought ETW the other day when it was on sale...

1.4 gigs of 15 gigs Downloaded. =/

Considering my connection and the fact that I won't DL 24/7...

13-14 days till it finishes...  :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: February 17, 2010, 12:43:33 pm »

Ow, lots of activity in this thread to respond to...

I has become curious.
I kow a LOT about psychology, philosophy, and related subjects.
Where did you learn that?
In class...

I think I might of just lost my whole steam account...

God dammit. I don't know what to do...

Serious, I might of fucking lost everything I had there. I'm crying here I can't replace anything...
THis makes me sad. :(

I was just thinking. That thing Janet wanted to do so much.

Fuck. Well, there's always Bingle or whatever the MSN thing is called.
Wich thing? ****ing? That can't be it, makes no sense in the context... so what then?

WD is mah schecond beshtesht buddeh, tied with Janet. Behind Tack.

They'd be number one but Tack stooped to drunk speak for me. We've forged a bond.

Guess.
Not being on this list makes me sad. :'(

Today, I realized that it's been over a year since the last version of this game got released. Or maybe I'm just too dumb to notice a new version. Either way, it saddens me.

Also, good luck with your steam thing.
Inaluct?!? Is that you? You're back?!?
I'm bored, alone, and have no one to talk to...

Maybe Ill just go cry in the corner...
You could talk to me?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: February 17, 2010, 12:55:24 pm »

Let me weave a tail for misery and woe to you 'Things that made you sad today thread.' I open a browser, intent on going to some webpage or another. I quickly start typing the websites name, only to have the Homepage declare to me that No, I didn't really want to be typing in the address bar, and moves my damn insertion point to the search bar! Leaving me with the tattered remnants of what once was my webpage, now forced to occupy two spaces at once. I hear it whisper 'Kill me.' with it's labored breaths. Which I am only too happy to do.

Seriously though, that really annoys me.

I solved this problem by breaking off my relationship with Firefox.  A lot of the magic had worn off, and I was beginning to see its flaws.  I switched over to Google Chrome and never looked back.

Also, Firefox is totally a furry.

And yeah, kidney stones suck, I had some a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I've had occasional tiny ones since then.
Shoes...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: February 17, 2010, 12:57:20 pm »

What math in particular are you having trouble with?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »

What math in particular are you having trouble with?

Oh, I'm taking Incompleteness and Undecidability (i.e. the Gödel course), Metric Differential Geometry (i.e. the curves course), and Honors Abstract Algebra (i.e. the throw your textbook at the wall and curse yourself blind course).

I'll have a response to your post in a while, Armok.  For now, I should go study my linguistics.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: February 17, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »

Hey Inaluct!

Quote me.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2830 on: February 17, 2010, 04:07:07 pm »

Well, crap.

I just did a ton of paperwork on my Steam issue and learned some annoying truths. First and foremost, I better start earning some cash, because it seems Steam was part-right.

I did a much more thorough line-up of my bank account and my Steam receipt and discovered where things really went screwy. It turns out there have been delayed purchases, and I mean seriously delayed purchases. My timing and everything was precise, but the time for Steam to process my account and stake the claims was all knotted with some purchases (some of them the gifts I sent out) being delayed as far as 13 days (4 12-day delays and 2 13-day delays) to be processed.

Because everything was an unsorted mess, I didn't recognize half the purchases. It turns out I was the fraud the whole time, but not on purpose. Actually, aligning all the numbers, each single one (except those that were too old, or paid in cash, 4 excess purchases) lined up.

Anyway... Short story:
-Under ideal circumstances, this wouldn't have happened still
-Because of lengthy processing times for my bank account, purchase timing at the bank and Steam went all screwy, and ended up over-drafting me big time
-According to my memory, my current numbers, the events that passed, and Valve's claims; it would be smarter of me to accept the "fine" price of $128.72 (for the 3 carts-worth of 23 games total that went missing), than to have them realize what I have realized. I figure it's the cheaper approach. Apparently, that seems the most 'honest' path for both of us.
-Then again, if I recall the purchases I wanted revoked due to the screwiness, I could've owed (a more ideal of the current situation) $24.15, I think. At least, that's the amount I thought I told to get removed due to it being the starting point of the over-draftings.

I'd rather pay the $128.72, and not have them investigate, than to try and haggle to the ideal markers. Too great a risk after what I learned. Oddly enough though, I'm still essentially in the clear from my perspective because of my timings, and that it was both Valve and the banks' faults for the delays. Then again, with the holiday season, the banks and Valve could've been so over-worked delays were inevitable. But really, 13 days?

I guess I can still lend out my reports on the fluctuating timings and still prove my innocence, all while they explain to me the situation that caused some of the massive delays. But for what it's worth (risk and cost-wise), and considering the time away from steam is good anyway while it lasts (I needed some time away anyway), I'll just stick to the larger price. Taking the safe road.

Kinda sucks though I still have to pay the larger amount, but whatever covers my ass. Not fun when you're within a loophole you accidentally caused. Best thing to do is to clench it ASAP before the greater party/ies notices.

At least my income is increasing again. Hell, from what it looks like, apparently I've given up Steam for Lent. :P

Under regular conditions, it'll take me approx. 40 days to recover my Steam account and have a positive balance in my bank account where I feel comfortable, all while all my debts are paid off. Who knew that would happen? v ??? v

Now that's timing.

EDIT:
Odd, optimizing/simulating for the most ideal circumstances, if all my purchases had gone without a hitch, and I were to keep spending as I was I would've buried myself in debt somehow. Most likely from paying board and my bills.

Basically, I'd be in the hole for similar to the amount I owe at the moment, and maybe even have a rougher time trying to earn back my money.

How is it that such an annoying/terrible circumstance is the lesser of the two evils? At least I know how to work out of this one. But that's strange. Yeah, I'm definitely going the path I said. I'd rather pay the full price than to have the ideal forced on me. This way has a better end to it.

And there you go, another wall of text from me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 04:43:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: February 17, 2010, 04:45:03 pm »

That's why I always assume everything that goes wrong is somehow my fault.  If it's not, great.  If it is, I'm prepared.
Shoes...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: February 17, 2010, 05:02:46 pm »

Banks don't have to wait for anything. It's not like there's some dude in a basement that gets a call on his rotary phone and he has to find your manila envelope file and the other person's file and use his fountain pen to mark down the transaction.

And the online transaction with Valve should be just as automatic. I couldn't see it taking more than 24 hours if there were some server update that needed to go through to validate it. Or maybe a couple days if their systems were down and they needed to fix them before doing business.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2833 on: February 17, 2010, 05:04:52 pm »

Server traffic does sound like the most plausible reason.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: February 17, 2010, 05:09:40 pm »

I'm still sick.
EDIT: And I ran out of cough drops. Woe is me.
On the other hand, reading Gunnerkrigg Court makes me feel better.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 8167