Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435931 times)

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2730 on: February 15, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »

And that's why you don't let Armok mail your parents :P
The fish are watching.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: February 15, 2010, 01:27:23 pm »

Vector is no longer enraged!  Vector is extremely sleepy.  Vector has been held.  Vector is warm.

Vector almost drowned once when she was very little.  Vector's mother forced her to put her face in bowls of water in the name of "not being afraid of water anymore."  That made everything much worse.  For years, she had trouble with simple things like taking showers because they were too scary.  Her mother can blame anything on Vector being too weak.
Can you tell your mother form me that she's a narrow minded subsonic power coupling and that she'd better show you some belated respect or I'll Heisenberg compensator her peripheral vision, twice?

Gosh Armok, you're just not making any sense.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2732 on: February 15, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »

My computer's still giving me crap. Just had to crack it open again, fiddle with the wires, and blow inside it to make it run again.

I keep getting the fan running loudly, and the machine doesn't boot up; not until I do the fiddling first at least. This happened to my mother's computer before (took ages to patch it up, only to have it no longer work properly after backing up all the data on an exterior hard drive). I don't want to go through all that with my machine.

To be safe, I've been running diagnostics and spyware/malware/virus scans to make sure nothing could be creeping inside the BIOS or anything. I hope none of the cats have been brushing up against the computer (maybe knocking it around), otherwise, I'm going to have to keep them out of my room from now on.

To add to my annoyance, I've had a cold sore for the past week (making my teeth feel weak and sensitive as well), and I have yet to cure it. I've tried baking soda, Cheyenne pepper, the Nature Born supplement (packed with all sorts of nutrients); This is one persistent sore. I even went as far as applying neosporin to it. It's painless for short moments, then pain just creeps back up. This sucks.

I'm open to any other home remedies if anybody has any.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:50:44 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: February 15, 2010, 02:50:21 pm »

s your computer making a noise similar to a jet engine, Itnet?

That high-pitched whine that blocks out all other sound and makes you really nervous of exploding components?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: February 15, 2010, 02:51:10 pm »

It's monday.
I have a lot of work to do...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: February 15, 2010, 03:12:00 pm »

My cursor just changed to a series of dots for some reason, and i don't know how i did it :<

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: February 15, 2010, 03:13:01 pm »

Watch out Lolor, one day you're gonna crack open that computer and find a giant snake inside! Like in that one article I read a long time ago.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: February 15, 2010, 03:17:48 pm »

Don't press Esc or el

Also, 13 hours of sleep I do NOT NEED.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: February 15, 2010, 04:09:55 pm »

Vector is no longer enraged!  Vector is extremely sleepy.  Vector has been held.  Vector is warm.

Vector almost drowned once when she was very little.  Vector's mother forced her to put her face in bowls of water in the name of "not being afraid of water anymore."  That made everything much worse.  For years, she had trouble with simple things like taking showers because they were too scary.  Her mother can blame anything on Vector being too weak.
Can you tell your mother form me that she's a narrow minded ******* *********** and that she'd better show you some ********* respect or I'll ***** ********* ******* her ***** ********************** ******?

And that's why you don't let Armok mail your parents :P

::)

Yeah, yeah.  She was really depressed when I was a little kid, so I've partially forgiven her.  On the other hand, her diatribes about (20-year-old) children being powerless people who should live in fear of their parents are a little bit annoying  :-\

I'm studying really hard so that when the time comes, I'll be able to do whatever I want.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2739 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48:52 pm »

Watch out Lolor, one day you're gonna crack open that computer and find a giant snake inside! Like in that one article I read a long time ago.
No snakes so far, last I checked. So everything's good.

Is your computer making a noise similar to a jet engine, Itnet?

That high-pitched whine that blocks out all other sound and makes you really nervous of exploding components?
Not really 'splodey parts, but more of an overheat. I lost a computer once that way, cost a pretty penny to replace the motherboard and video card and a few sticks of RAM.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: February 16, 2010, 04:38:00 am »

I had to do a podcast or whatever for english.
That was fun.
I love audio recording.
What sucks is that she wants a fuckin' script.
What makes it worse is that I have two years of my japanese teacher saying "never use scripts!"
Also, we didn't need a script and it turned out fine.
As stupid as it is, I'm just going to tell her we didn't use one because I sure as hell am not gonna do all the extra work just to perpetuate a lie.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: February 16, 2010, 05:11:50 am »

Yeah, yeah.  She was really depressed when I was a little kid, so I've partially forgiven her.  On the other hand, her diatribes about (20-year-old) children being powerless people who should live in fear of their parents are a little bit annoying  :-\

Yay for abusive parents, why is this kind crap so common these days? Is it just because I didn't notice it's always been this common? or something new?

I'm studying really hard so that when the time comes, I'll be able to do whatever I want.

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

As stupid as it is, I'm just going to tell her we didn't use one because I sure as hell am not gonna do all the extra work just to perpetuate a lie.

Either tell them you didn't use one or download a voice -> text program and run your podcast through it, instant retroactive script writing :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: February 16, 2010, 05:50:25 am »

Just took a stroll through the game and story I made on here. Neither of which I finished.

It really gives me a bad feeling.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #2743 on: February 16, 2010, 07:59:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:21:10 am by Stany »

Choose username

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: February 16, 2010, 09:26:05 am »

I forgot to brush my teeth before I went to bed, and to make it worse I drank a soda before I went to sleep! Also I have heart burn from it too.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 8167