Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448439 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2505 on: February 03, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »

Work.

=/
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 03, 2010, 08:42:24 pm »

My math professor messed with me a few days ago, I think I put it up there.

She did it again, this time to the whole class.  Instead of turning in homework we take homework quizzes in class that test how we understand the concepts.  This, naturally, means "Don't do the homework, quickly do two or three problems in class before the quiz to refresh your memory"

Anyway, this quiz was on systems of equations in two and three variables.  Three questions.

First two in two variables, both were undefined.  I was confused, but thought maybe, just maybe, that was intended, and I wasn't doing something horribly wrong.

Third problem is in three variables, I solve for x and get x = -53/54

:|

That is not a pretty thing to plug into a large equation, and now I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong, there's no way she's that cruel.  I start doing the problems over and over again, wondering why I can't seem to do it.  I know exactly how but it won't come out right.  All of these horrible scenarios start playing through my head.  Obviously I have somehow missed some fundamentals of math and will have to transfer to remedial math with the dumb kids, how have I gone wrong I'm supposed to be smart what will my parents think why does nothing work I am so darn stu--Oh, the teacher hired a student typist and they mixed up some +/- signs, derp.

I hate that, I have this really bad self-effacing bias and always blame myself first for failings, even when it's not my fault.  You should've seen the other people in the class, there were so many sighs of relief being breathed.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:05 pm »

Oh cripes, my highschool math education was held up by the fear that I would forget some basic concept and would be unable to do some more advanced works. Every problem I didn't understand had me sweating and going back to the basics to make sure that isn't one of the problems.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 03, 2010, 10:51:10 pm »

My Math class makes me sleepy.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: February 03, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

I have to take Algebra 2 in summer school, even though next year is Geometry, because my Algebra 1 teacher is a failure of a man when it comes to teaching. Funny guy, but just bollocks at teaching.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2510 on: February 04, 2010, 12:07:36 am »

I have to take Algebra 2 in summer school, even though next year is Geometry, because my Algebra 1 teacher is a failure of a man when it comes to teaching. Funny guy, but just bollocks at teaching.
Sounds like all my sister's teachers at the high school. And whenever she calls out her teachers on their mistake, she, being the smart kid of the class, usually gets either ignored, or attacked (homework- or grade-wise), sometimes her classmates do tend to agree with her call outs because, although they're not the brightest bulbs, they still get sparks of intelligence that something's not right (according to what I've been told).

I have no idea how I managed to graduate with most of my brain cells still intact considering the problem was never really solved since my older siblings graduated that school. Florida education, gotta love the bottom-10 ranking it has. At least when I left, it wasn't too severe a case of bad teachers and dimwit/potheads hanging around; my sister's case, it turned into the teen drama shows you see on MTV (according to description, including one hell of a scenery change which makes it look more like a mini-college (near an actual sub-college) than a high school).

Kinda funny how most of us (me and my siblings) were sometimes the laziest students there (mostly out of boredom, or the lack of proper teaching, except the language, art, and chemistry courses, they did right; the more standard classes were crap and sometimes needlessly difficult (SEE driver's ed in the morning with the sunrise in your eyes as you try to park; and with Nintendo-hard difficulty of scoring, while you're not a morning person), but somehow, we tend to get ridiculous scores nonetheless. Side effect however, thanks to idiots in large numbers as well as sub-par ejukashun half the time, even the brightest folk tend to dim. Especially after being home-schooled for a majority of my educational life, going back to public school halfway through high-school, it look less than a year for my intelligence to average out with the rest of the people (few actually really smart people, and tons of party animals; it didn't fare too well). I actually felt myself get dumber as I stuck around; but of course, a reason for returning was not only to regain social ground, but also to get some classes I couldn't normally get when being home-schooled (proper language courses, driver's ed, chemistry, etc.).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:13:33 am by Itnetlolor »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 04, 2010, 12:45:24 am »

AVP demo is garbage, obvious direct port is obvious, no server browser, mouse is sluggish at 100 sensitivity, games runs almost passably at lowest settings despite meeting recommended requirements.

I'm really hoping it'll get better over time, but right now I am not impressed.

And that makes me sad.
Shoes...

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 04, 2010, 12:54:44 am »

The new AvP snuck up on me, I didn't hear a thing about it until a few weeks ago.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 04, 2010, 01:00:43 am »

It snuck up on everyone, they announced it just a few months before release.
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2514 on: February 04, 2010, 01:52:22 am »

Crap. I just checked my Steam games list and realized. all those guest passse I had, none of them got any use at all. What a waste.

That was about 6 passes (3,2,1 fashion with 3 games).

EDIT:
And just today, my computer attempted to automatically login to Steam (as it usually does), and it turns out my account is disabled for some reason, and it looks like I won't be able to get it back.

Last I recall, I didn't violate any policy or anything; what gives? They looking to challenging me again? Since when have they become such assholes? I hate this.

To make things worse, they aren't emailing me why I'm disabled (read and reread the policies; they won't normally email, but still. If it has anything to do with fraud (the whole money issue), I already sent messages regarding the bank and their using of my account to make up for lost sales.

I'm curious, has anyone else been hit with this BS?

Being so close to my birthday, I'm beginning to think, maybe I shouldn't do anything again, and just lockdown everything and stay caged in my room until my birthday passes. For some odd reason, I seem to have picked up reeeally bad luck every recent birthday. I mean, on my 23rd birthday, I ended up having work on my birthday, and I couldn't negotiate myself out of it, and on that same day, I got into a car accident. Last year (being fed up with bad luck on my birthday) I locked myself in my room for the entirety of the day, spending most of my time sleeping. The good: I was safe, the bad: well, I didn't plan on anything, and I doubt anyone made plans for me anyway. What bad? Okay, so maybe it was super bright, sunny, and uber-cheerful; perfect weather conditions to do just about anything I want... I ain't falling for that again.

EDIT EDIT:
I just really hope that this is what's going on. I don't want to go through a ton of BS paperwork and whatnot to defend my account again:
Quote from: Disabled Steam Account
Why would a Steam account be disabled?

Check the contact e-mail address for your Steam account to see if Steam Support has contacted you regarding the reason your account was disabled - accounts may be temporarily disabled pending verification of purchase information or account ownership.

Steam Support does not automatically contact the owners of disabled accounts in most circumstances.

Maybe they finally got the message and are confirming it with the bank? I dunno; but if it's disabled for any other reason, I'd like a word with them about that. I'm just feeling like a punching bag or a target lately (what used to be my favorite month, I now hate more than October). Anything else that would cause issues, I'm fairly certain I did not do. Considering possible "fraud", they must've gotten the memo from the bank regarding the exact amount they screwed me over a few weeks ago.

I'm giving them a day to let this pass; if it's not back up by tomorrow, I'm going to let loose on them.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:01:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 04, 2010, 03:41:47 pm »

Earlier today, I found out that I had another driving lesson. One more week of this crap, as well as the crap I have to deal with at the Institute.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: February 04, 2010, 05:14:52 pm »

Internet still freaking out. And feeling oddly sick...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 04, 2010, 05:17:26 pm »

AVP demo is garbage, obvious direct port is obvious, no server browser, mouse is sluggish at 100 sensitivity, games runs almost passably at lowest settings despite meeting recommended requirements.

I'm really hoping it'll get better over time, but right now I am not impressed.

And that makes me sad.

I couldn't even run the game, I like the old ones a lot though.

You gotta admit the best part is the 'blip blip blip' sound of the marine's radar.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: February 04, 2010, 05:24:00 pm »

Tried to make internet available in our basement, which caused some kind of overload in our ground floor.
Now I'm stuck with the internet on my crappy PC in our basement, until tech support finally arrives...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:53 pm »

A recent game of team fortress two.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 8167