Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455246 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2295 on: January 29, 2010, 12:01:22 am »

Where I come from, that's considered a happy thing...

But the same thing happens on a weekend. I'm coming home on a Friday, and then BOOM schools starting in ten hour.

God, i wish i could just roll back time to when i was a child. Summers would never end.

I actually remember wishing that i could speed up time waiting in the doctors office once.

I feel old now. And i'm not even old.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:07:52 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2296 on: January 29, 2010, 12:09:29 am »

I just realized that it is a Thursday night.

I could have sworn that it was Monday yesterday....
I thought it was Friday for some reason. I had the recycle out early today, and it completely threw me off.

Oh, and I had a mellow work day for a majority of the time. I was actually in a really good mood at work for once in ages, and optimistic to have a regular work day for once. That is, until...

An ambush! Curse them. x5

I got swarmed by tons of snowbirds out of the blue ordering tons of food; and some pretty annoying ones too; and completely undoing my optimism and joy in less than 15 minutes (midway through what I was thinking was going to be what I would call a normal work day). Let's say, sometimes I get offended if I have to slice a ton of food for a single person, and they don't even make small talk to pass the time.

I hate tourists. This isn't even a big town I live in, and somehow, we're still plagued with very annoying visitors. Heck, a reminder alarm went off, and just to get back at my annoying customers (seeing if they really were deaf to just about every loud noise my department makes with cleaning up and everything else; which would explain just how rude they get) I didn't shut it off. The only people to react were my coworkers. My night manager called me on it, but we actually came to an agreement. Since when are market employees actually smarter than the customers that come in? And I even asked her if any of the customers were phased or even mildly complained  about the constant 15-minute beeping you could hear all the way across the store and... Nope, our customers are both stupid and freaking deaf, or just plain ignorant to mythological levels.

What makes me most sad is that my town gets riddled with these kinds of people to levels greater than the town can provide for. It's like an unwanted migration wave entirely made of soapmakers and peasants equivalent to the current town population visiting and staying around for half a year. And thanks to land grabbing real estate derptards destroying the nice scenery and everything, and riddling it with houses, this town is either riddled with seasonal derps, or the town is riddled with ruins. It's either one or the other. And it was such a nice location ages ago. Oh yeah, and it takes (what feels like) half an hour to go 5 minutes distance in recent days since the Age of Real Estate. I mean, even my workplace doesn't cuont on anyone arriving on time anymore, that's how bad it's gotten. Been like that for at least a good year or 2.

Yeah, reminder, never be happy at work. The very moment you feel most secure, you're absolutely vulnerable.

I had that line run through my head after the first ambush of the night. I got hit by at least 5 of those in a compressed 3 hours, especially once I started cleaning up the place. RAEG!!! Apparently cleaning up the place, or having your head inside a machine cleaning it out while it's boiling hot inside it means "I have all the time in the world to serve you.". :facepalm:, I need a real job. [Sarcasm]Way to go Obama, keep doing what you're doing to fix the economy.[/sarcasm]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 12:20:40 am by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: January 29, 2010, 12:54:15 am »

what are these snowbirds you speak of

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: January 29, 2010, 01:40:52 am »

what are these snowbirds you speak of

Old curmudgeons who migrate to warmer regions for the winter.  Some of them never leave.  In the U.S. this is why Florida is a geriatric state (it feels like it, anyway).

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2299 on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:07 am »

Just as you would expect. People from up north, or colder areas heading down here to get away from the cold. Mostly old people, but usually also consists of all sorts of people (which neglect common courtesy and decency) that take all the good seats at church, drive 15 under the speed limit enjoying the... scenery of houses where lush vegetation used to be and abuse all the local service people with their ignorant dumbassholery, and hunt for real estate to bug us for a much longer time (until they can't afford their rent anymore).

Oddly, you'd think the recession would hold them off; nope. It got worse. Real estate madness further makes this town look more like a ghost town with more empty houses. The silence where wind use to rustle trees now bugs me. Heck, a huge house that was built nearby blocked the view of the beach, and even the ability to hear it, as well as destroyed half of my back yard and a small path that used to lead to the beach. So many memories lost with that one. Another house was also attempted to finish the job destroying the scenery, but fortunately, those dumbasses lacked licenses; but still... bye bye memories. I fucking hate people.

That freaking monolith is almost always empty, and the people that usually rent it out are assholes.

Now remembering those lost memories makes me sad. :( I've lived in my town for most of my life (at least 2 decades). I'm literally watching the land die before my eyes.

A small town is a small town, it's not "Major real estate opportunity central". Amazingly enough, thank goodness much of the town was in agreement with most of the least convenient, and most damaging building-arounds. I mean, what was once a paradise is a freaking... ghost town housing zombies from the north.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 01:50:19 am by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: January 29, 2010, 01:59:18 am »

I'm very sad because I never feel like doing anything productive these days. I procrastinate all the time because work seems so boring and terrible, and then I don't have enough time to work and I go to sleep late.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: January 29, 2010, 05:40:51 am »

Once again, I turn on the gigantic spotlight, with the Jack-Symbol welded to the center, and aim the beam up into the skies of steam.
To me, my faithful bunny.

One thing that does make me sad though, My story. When I was writing it, I truly believed all of it. And then I saw Aqizzar say 'Vagina Bomb' and my entire opinion changed. For the better, but, I hate being wrong.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:22:05 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: January 29, 2010, 11:12:08 am »

My stomach feels uncomfortably queasy. : ( I don't even remember why I'm on the computer.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: January 29, 2010, 01:17:41 pm »

My right knee is shot again.
Hurt it on Wednesday, thought little of it, climb some stairs this-morning, and there's that horrible fleshy feeling again in my knee.
Ow.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: January 29, 2010, 02:07:39 pm »

I'm sad because I seem to have been driven mad with sleep deprivation yesterday and vomited idiocy all over the forums. D:
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: January 29, 2010, 02:11:25 pm »

Like you need sleep deprivation for that.

Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: January 29, 2010, 02:15:33 pm »

oh u
Shoes...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2307 on: January 29, 2010, 02:45:28 pm »

I think my tendon on my leg is shot for the time being. I think I pushed myself too hard working last night. Standing for hours on end, tossed with how I usually sit down using my computer probably doesn't help too much.

Did a couple stretches, helped a bit. Might go for a walk later to be safe.

EDIT:
Just went for a walk and a bit of a run just earlier.

...I'm in really bad shape. I can barely run half a mile before getting winded.

And apparently I'm in such bad condition, I posted this in the wrong thread. :P

On the bright side, my leg is starting to feel much better.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 05:29:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: January 29, 2010, 07:50:07 pm »

I'm sad because I put beef and cheese in a thermos and I thought it was going to be awesome and it wasn't so great.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: January 29, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »

Like you need sleep deprivation for that.

That thing is so petable.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 8167