Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6607 6608 [6609] 6610 6611 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439505 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99120 on: November 23, 2015, 01:11:23 am »

**SPEWING WARNING** I'm pretty much just going to let go all of my thoughts and feelings right now onto the forums. If you get upset over this, don't take it personally.

I think I'm losing my fucking mind. I apologize in advance because I know I tend to swear a lot after I got out of rehab, and this might end up having a lot of them for once.

So as I said almost a week ago (just a recap, skip to next paragraph if you already know), I REALLY like this girl and I've been fucking myself up with how things are going with her and how she really likes cuddling me and petting my head and hugging me, and as I said before, she does this to MY FUCKING BITCH OF A TEACHER who just got hired as a teacher. Except he's taken, and he's fucking charismatic as fuck. And throw in on this, she's kissed me twice on the cheek now and she's the first person to admit that she's sexually attracted to me and she likes me, but I don't know if she still thinks that way.

And now I think I fucked it all up.

I told her everything going on in my head and I even went as far as to actually tell her I love her (which was a horrible mistake, especially when I tried to "save" it by reminding her I say that to all my guy friends all the time). I told her about my thoughts on my teacher, about how she leaves my side to go to him, how my insecurities lead me to thinking that she'll fuck him despite him being taken because he's a self admitted slut (and it doesn't help that my mind went and said "if he'll cheat on his last girlfriend to go with the girl he's with now, and he denied being taken, what's stopping him from cheating on her to fuck this girl?"). I also told her that I'm getting close if not already there to being possessive of her even though she isn't even dating me (she's single now, as she broke up with her boyfriend last week, but she told me she doesn't want a relationship). I even told her that I was so upset and angry with her and the whole situation that I was going to pretty much eject her out of my life because I knew it would hurt her.

She told me she's glad I was honest and she respected me because of it, but I swear to god, the things I told her... If I didn't hurt her, I'm utterly shocked. We talked for a bit about things and then, a bit while longer after I mentioned it, she asked if it would be ok if she and I stopped talking for awhile so I can clear my head from all the bad (didn't even think about herself, and my head went that it would help us both, since she said she needed to "find herself" as she put it).

And I told her that going on "no contact" (as rehab calls it) might help and we agreed that the earliest would be New Years Day (I said it may even be longer, because I don't even know if a month and a half will actually be enough time to get over my shit). Then she told me she was crying since I mentioned it, and it hurt us both. And I fucked up royally with this because now I can't stop thinking about her. I fucking miss her and I can't do anything about it.

And one last thing she told me when we saw each other the next day to say our temporary goodbyes (and she mentioned this last night) that she's sorry and refused to tell me something in regards to something that will make me hate her and it involved something we talked about that night.

And the only things I can think of that would make her think I would hate her would be on the topics of Freinds with Benefits (which I said I don't agree with it because one party will always want more), the definition of a whore (I told her my idea of it is if I go up to a girl, and my whole purpose of getting with her is to fuck her and I don't even have the courtesy or respect for her to not only put a condom on but to completely ignore her and never talk to her again (and of course, no desire for a relationship), I would be a whore), my thoughts that every girl in the area we hang out in wants to fuck my teacher (she denied she wants to, but I don't even know anymore honestly), and my thoughts and insecurities. And this fucks me up because I don't even know which one she would be referring to, but when I was talking to my coworkers about it, one of them stated "what if she wanted to be FWB with you?" and I told her (my coworker) that if I did, I would end up getting so possessive that I would do almost everything in my power to make it a full on relationship. Throw in I'm still a virgin and to throw it away on a moment of emotionless and probably unsatisfactory sex (because this girl tells me that she doesn't enjoy normal sex but has her kinks, I'm 99% certain there is nothing I can give to her that would please her in that area. And that's something I told her about as well, now that I think about it. And, going into my head with this or perhaps it may be the truth, knowing that my first time in sex will almost guaranteed be with a non-virgin, I am certain I will NOT be able to make it pleasurable for the one I lose my virginity to. She tells me otherwise, but I think that's more of a reassurance...). Another thought came up and said what if she was going to tell me she was or is FWB with another guy? And then I realized how crushed and heartbroken I would be, but I'm not sure if I would HATE her for it. Going off the fact at first, I was thinking "oh, its something bad she's done before" when it was in the moment (because when you're in rehab, you hear some horror stories, and by now, I've heard almost EVERYTHING) but thinking about this is fucking my head up SO much that I'm scared that if I ask about her, she took this opportunity of my absence to fuck people who COULD give her the pleasure. And then I remember, again, she's a "grey asexual" (her definition is shes more aroused by the bonds and friendships rather than the physical appearances) and that she doesn't get aroused easily (as kind of stated before) and the only person I know she likes as much (if not more than me, though she said before she liked me more than him (and I don't even think this holds up any more after this fuck up)) is again, my teacher.

I brought up a lot of this to my sponsor Saturday evening (the revelation of what she might have been referring to only happened at 3:00pm yesterday, so I haven't talked to him about it) and he told me to do the one thing I didn't want to: tell my group leader. Why am I scared to do it? That he'll tell me to never talk to her again or be her friend or care about her. And if I'm missing her this badly in less than a week (we stopped talking as of Thursday) and the fact this is killing me so much, I'm pretty sure he's going to say never talk to her again and cut her out entirely. The only worse thing he could tell me is "ask her out or don't ever talk to her". Knowing the fact that if I do this, it will pressure her into thinking if she says no, she won't be able to see me anymore. And that's the last thing I want to do, is to force her to do anything.

I've fucked this up so badly that I don't even know how she still wants to be my friend, let alone actually cry and get upset over the fact she won't be able to see or hear from me till January (and she did. We were talking over the phone when it happened). I don't know what to believe anymore, I don't know what to do about her, and I don't know how I'm going to tell my group leader about her.

AND ON TOP OF ALL OF THIS, I have tackled exactly why I get so insecure about her AND YET I CAN'T FUCKING ACCEPT IT. I get insecure because I feel scared to lose her and I feel vastly inferiror and not good enough compared to everyone else she talks to. I'm scared of hurting her with things I say so I watch myself around her. I'm scared of scaring her away, so I avoid getting too cuddly or clingy. I feel alone because everyone around me where we hung out, except for her, doesn't care about my presence, insults me for being a virgin, ridicules me for who I am, and they never want to include me and are reluctant to do so when I ask, and she seems to be the only one who actually acknowledges that I'm there (I changed this by hanging out with people who DO care about me). And I'm not making this shit up, one of their jokes that was the final straw was "maybe I should put my keys with your virginity because you'll never lose it". I get sad and lonely when she gets up and ignores me just to cuddle and hug my teacher and talks to him. I've always felt inferior with my teacher (who, not too long ago, was a sort of classmate) because he is like me, but much more charismatic, much smarter, better looking, and ALWAYS seems to be better than me at EVERYTHING, to the point when I feel accomplished about something, he slays the feeling of pride as quickly as it came. I shit you not, this has been happening for years, and this past couple weeks has made me more and more want to fucking kill him. He started to throw around his power as a teacher in my face, threatening to fail me and, internally, I lost it on him. My rebuke though was I can get him fired for doing so (which was TAME compared to what I was thinking). And I got so hostile towards him that when he asked if I was going to hang out in the area we hang out in on Friday when I left his class, I told him I'm not going back there anymore and left. I might as well gave him the finger, because I pretty much did just that. I'm also upset because I want to be with this girl and be there for her when she's having rough days and be there to help her when she needs someone, but instead, she seeks MY FUCKING TEACHER when things aren't good. And when he's gone? She goes to me. And I told her about this as well. My buddy on here told me it has to do with the idea of "alpha/beta" and when the "alpha" is gone, she will go to the "beta" who will give her what the "alpha" gives her, but she doesn't want to be with the alpha. And of course, in this situation, I'm the fucking beta. I'm hurt because I feel I hurt her and I can't get over how guilty I feel because of it. I'm also hurt because I felt, for a moment, that she deserved to feel the hurt I felt. I feel scared because at any moment, she could renounce her thoughts of not wanting to be in a relationship and get with someone. I feel paranoid because I don't know what she was referring to, and I want to know but I can't ask her and I don't think its my place to ask. I feel selfish now because I realized I made the last statement about myself. I feel vulnerable because she has knowledge that could easily hurt me... But I feel reassured because I feel I can trust her. I feel selfish again because I can trust her with my deepest secrets and my past and not trust her word on what she said before. I feel childish because I treated this woman poorly and I felt obligated to continue to hug her, cuddle with her, pet her head, stroke her hair, rub her back, kiss her forehead because she did it to me, despite the fact I knew it was wrong to do it outside of a relationship and her being in one at the time of most of these. I feel stupid because I took something that most people don't get to see or have in their lifetime, someone of the opposite gender with a deep connection and a great sense of trust and not having to be in a relationship, and I fucked it all up. I feel sad because I feel like I ruined a great friendship over my fantasies, lust and desire. I feel guilty for all the problems I have caused to her and all the hurt I have done to her. I feel frustrated because I can't apologize for what I did right away, and that I tried to take matters into my own hands. I feel hurt that I hurt someone I truly thought I cared so much about when in truth, I was too caught up in hating myself to care about her. I feel disgusted that I let it escalate to how it did, and that I let so much get to me over a girl. I feel like an idiot because I fucked up, letting self pity and desire blind me from what I was actually doing. I feel regret for almost everything I said and posted in this statement, but I'm not going to delete any of it because it will help me if I get it out in the open and expose it.

Sorry for spewing and going overboard... I don't feel burdened anymore now that I finally addressed my feelings. I think tonight I'll be able to sleep well, knowing I kind of just dropped an inventory for all of bay12 to see (which I shouldn't do) but it feel relieving. I don't think I've gotten over my insecurities fully yet, but I think I started to pull the knife out...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99121 on: November 23, 2015, 01:27:09 am »

You might be overthinking things.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99122 on: November 23, 2015, 01:33:51 am »

Dang.
I need to get Me a psych consult.

Either way, emotions are pain. Good luck.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99123 on: November 23, 2015, 01:59:22 am »

Keep in mind that we won't always be there to do that for you. Gotta learn to weed them out yourself, the sooner the better. Break these things down and take them on from multiple angles. It's funny how silly they become once you actually confront them properly instead of just feeding the boogey man in your head.
I try to, but it's not easy. Sometimes it's easier and sometimes it's harder.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99124 on: November 23, 2015, 03:38:40 am »

[incredibly long but I read all of it]

You might find it helpful to examine which feelings or behaviors of yours you don't like, and focus on trying to do something about those. For instance, jealousy, or being judgemental: It hurts you, it hurts her, it's counterproductive. If she fucked your (former?) teacher, and she tells you, you getting jealous and rejecting her would just hurt you both (much the way you're both feeling being separated now). You could decide in advance that you're going to forgive people, for example, or decide that you shouldn't feel upset about it. I wouldn't necessarily tell them that you forgive them, because they may not think they need your forgiveness and might be upset that you thought they did. (Which might be a sign that changing your morals would be "better" but possibly harder than just forgiving people. I think a lot of Christians tend to just forgive everyone and say it's for their own benefit so they aren't weighed down by anger or w/e, though.)

I don't know if she was expecting you to say no when she asked if you wanted to stop seeing each other for a while, or maybe she's expecting you to break down and come back before new years' day, to prove that you do love her. Or she expects you to be different than you are now. I don't know, I'm no psychologist and I have absolutely no experience. None. Like Donald Trump running for President. Less experience than you. But I'm not in love, so my emotions aren't fucking up my attempts to think rationally (no disrespect to anyone who actually likes that). I wouldn't be surprised if she was feeling something too, maybe for both you and your teacher, and was trying to deny it. Maybe she was getting close to both of you because the hormones that result from that basically counteract the withdrawal that resulted from her breakup (the sads/love-induced depression/etc).

But I wouldn't put too much stock in that because I KNOW NOTHING, I'm not a psychiatrist, a psychologist, or a telepath. I'm just some guy on the internet who reads way too much.

P.S. I don't know what kind of rehab you're in, but I've read reports that AA doesn't work for 90-95% of people and that there are better ways of dealing with addiction than declaring that you're powerless over it and have to rely on a higher power. Although Wikipedia says AA's method also includes "list and become ready to remove character defects; list and make amends to those harmed" which I also pretty much just suggested - but I don't know if that's actually even something most people can do normally. I know I've changed or revised my own character, morals, etc, many times but there are also things I haven't been able to change so far.

On sex when you have no experience, I have none either but I've always figured that you could simply suggest that the more experienced woman would know what she most enjoys, and could show you... or take control. Well, we can't say I don't know what turns me on, anyways.

You can always ask reddit too. r/relationships maybe. There's an r/confessions too. Lots of other places as well. I don't read reddit often so I don't know what they would tell you, and it would likely depend on where you post it.

If you're wondering what perspective I'm coming from to give this advice: I think addiction is a hard war and I respect anyone who is fighting it, and so what I say here isn't to be superior or to put you down - I've just avoided it out of, well, paranoia, I guess (unless you count internet addiction, which it seems everyone has these days). I've never been addicted to anything normally classified as addictive - alcohol, drugs, tobacco, etc - but that's because I despised the idea of losing control of myself, after seeing someone I knew become a complete idiot/fool when he was drunk (I was in 8th or 9th grade?). As far as (romantic) love goes, I noped out of that after experiencing those emotions and the mental changes they caused once in high school.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99125 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:48 am »

Petty sad: macaw needs her claws bluntened. She is currently pain.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99126 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:13 am »

I did t go throug AA, I went through Brentwood, which is like AA but mixed with jail because of how strict it is and you live in there for 3 months. I managed to get a lot out of it, and it's helped me a lot. I still have a lot of problems to deal with (as you see) but I have sort of learned how to cope with them.

I'll take what you said with a grain of salt though.

You might be overthinking things.
No, I'm totally not overthinking this </sarcasm> In all seriousness, I do know I am, but truly, I don't know what to think

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99127 on: November 23, 2015, 09:06:23 am »

I wanted to listen to some music before going back to sleep to try and gain some energy for work tomorrow, but my laptop is failing to load pages. We have a strong internet connection, this laptop just seems to have terrible signal. 

Why does none of my stuff seem to work properly?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99128 on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:24 am »

*wall of text*
Chillax, dood. You're 21 and you're having your Werther Moment, is all. It's okay, everydood does that at some point (at least all str8 doods do). You'll get over it, and you'll feel stronger after you have. In the meantime: read Goethe. It's good for you.

I have a bad cold and my brain is full of phlegm. This should mark the end of a six-month period of excessive boozing and shitposting, I think.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99129 on: November 23, 2015, 11:55:44 am »

I wanted to listen to some music before going back to sleep to try and gain some energy for work tomorrow, but my laptop is failing to load pages. We have a strong internet connection, this laptop just seems to have terrible signal. 

Why does none of my stuff seem to work properly?
Check your drivers. And I mean the individual ones not used by windows updates. Windows tends to update drivers with a poor version of it, so you should consider looking into that.

Then check for browser updates. All else fails, restart your modem/router in case there is a slight problem with it (give it ~3-5 minutes of time to cool down before turning it back on). If that doesn't help, I think calling your internet provider about possible connection failures could help. Another thing could possibly be there is interference (this happens with my sister who watches netflix almost all the time, and when she isn't (and sometimes when she is) she's on the treadmill which interrupts every connection in the house to a slow chug). This can be wall thickness, distance away from the router (it may not be a "dead zone" (where no internet connection is), but you can still have issues if you're on the edge of your router's connection), or simply someone else's system taking the connection as you're using it. This, sadly, includes phones that use wifi.

All else fails on that, you can try and crank up the bandwidth on your router for the site you use for music (assuming youtube). You'll have to look up how to do that because my teacher mentioned it, but he didn't go into detail on HOW to do it

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99130 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:58 pm »

-snop-
I read the entire thing.

I think I sort of know how you feel. Knowing something and believing it on an emotional level are different things.
Also the feeling that you've fucked everything up. You probably haven't!

Hang in there, bro.

E:
I would also like to note that "alpha" and "beta" are /pol/-tier shitposting terms. Don't believe that shit.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:23:36 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99131 on: November 23, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

-snop-
I read the entire thing.

I think I sort of know how you feel. Knowing something and believing it on an emotional level are different things.
Also the feeling that you've fucked everything up. You probably haven't!

Hang in there, bro.

E:
I would also like to note that "alpha" and "beta" are /pol/-tier shitposting terms. Don't believe that shit.
Yeah... Sorry about the spewing.

I felt much better after I did that, so there's ONE good.

My sponsor has the same thoughts. He doesn't think I did anything wrong despite what I told her, but I disagree only because I don't know whats going on anymore.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #99132 on: November 23, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »

-snop-
They are exactly as accurate as you can expect to terms stolen from animal etology and arbitrarily applied to human psychology completely arbitrarily, when it almost immediately turned out to be false for the actual animals the term came from (that would be wolves).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99133 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »

They are exactly as accurate as you can expect to terms stolen from animal etology and arbitrarily applied to human psychology completely arbitrarily, when it almost immediately turned out to be false for the actual animals the term came from (that would be wolves).

Sounds suspiciously like something a beta would say...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #99134 on: November 23, 2015, 02:37:58 pm »

Sounds suspiciously like something a beta would say...
I know, right? Chicks go crazy over being ignorant and insecure about status.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6607 6608 [6609] 6610 6611 ... 8167