Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6604 6605 [6606] 6607 6608 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443549 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99075 on: November 21, 2015, 01:38:05 am »

I tried [...]. That ended with [me still caring but  :-\]. This is now normal, and something I just have to get used to[...]
Noooo :<
Don't get 'used to this'. If the method you're using right now doesn't work--alternate on a different parallel! Do not 'get used' to mediocrity and making it your 'norm'. >_< That's the sad thing happening nowadays: Equivalency of normalcy to mediocrity.
Your abilities aren't tossed aside. Focus has just moved from their utility to coping with [what priority bothers you more].
Be the awesome person! Even if calm words and ideas may not reflect on others at the current moment, that's what memory is for! c: They'll remember the person who treated them with compassion and calm than...y'know, the same negative attitude they may act out on.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #99076 on: November 21, 2015, 06:21:30 am »

Two people messaged me today saying "Happy Transgender Day of Remembrance!"
That's more people than on my birthday...

(Other sads removed because I don't want my parents meddling.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99077 on: November 21, 2015, 06:32:53 am »

Whoof.
That is sad...
Especially as it isn't exactly a happy thing.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #99078 on: November 21, 2015, 10:36:24 am »

Went to sleep early last night (10) since I was tired as hell and wasn't getting anywhere with my godawful math homework or that history paper I should be writing. Tried a sleeping pill my mom recommended since every night I seemed to be unable to sleep without laying there tossing and turning for an hour or two after getting in bed at 2 in the morning.

So thanks to the magic of that pill that sucks shit, I was unable to sleep until 4 in the morning last night and effectively laid in bed rolling around hating myself and all the stupid feverish half-awake-half-asleep dreams the pill was forcing on me, for SIX HOURS. From 10 to 4. At some point past 4 I actually fell asleep, had shit dreams, and woke up at 9 in the morning feeling tired.

And I still need to do the math I seem unable to understand, and the history paper.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99079 on: November 21, 2015, 06:49:33 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99080 on: November 21, 2015, 06:51:07 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99081 on: November 21, 2015, 07:03:17 pm »

I really should have said that first...
Haha, I'm nicer than you! Suck it!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99083 on: November 21, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »

Also, apparently they REALLY hate being called Daesh, so remember to call them that at every opportunity.
Daesh Daesh Daesh

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99084 on: November 21, 2015, 10:33:00 pm »

i'm not entirely convinced they really care what they're called

they've got more important things to do than enforcing their preferred nomenclature

like beheadings
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99085 on: November 21, 2015, 11:49:02 pm »

The only thing from the horses mouth I've seen was them writing in their own magazine, basically: "Yeah, westerners started calling us Daesh, so when you see that, we're who they're talkin' about. Kay? Kay."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99086 on: November 22, 2015, 12:26:16 am »

I slept in too late and now instead of going out, seeing bands and partying I am doing laundry. I must be getting old.
At least doing laundry is cheaper than buying a slab of beer, and easier than lugging said slab across the city...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99087 on: November 22, 2015, 12:39:36 am »

A slab... of beer?

Note to self: Invent beer slabs for Alaskans to put on their cross-city sleds. They can melt them into liquid beer at home.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99088 on: November 22, 2015, 12:56:21 am »

:P

I am told that, in less civilized areas, the "slab" is instead referred to as a "case"... as long as it contains beer I suppose one can call it what they want.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #99089 on: November 22, 2015, 01:50:21 am »

Can I have my name be engraved on a beer slab when I die?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6604 6605 [6606] 6607 6608 ... 8167