Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6591 6592 [6593] 6594 6595 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432069 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98880 on: November 14, 2015, 06:02:20 am »

at least a dozen dead
What makes me sad: Right now the figure is  at least ten times as high.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98881 on: November 14, 2015, 08:17:41 am »

I think I've kind of lost my grip on being able to feel sad emotions. Anyone knows how to fix that? It feels damn empty without them.
._.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98882 on: November 14, 2015, 09:19:28 am »

I think I've kind of lost my grip on being able to feel sad emotions. Anyone knows how to fix that? It feels damn empty without them.
It is a blessing.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98883 on: November 14, 2015, 11:17:21 am »

It is a blessing.
Nah, that sounds like a form of depression.*

*this is not a professional diagnosis please consult your local medically certified expert people they know their shit
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98884 on: November 14, 2015, 01:05:29 pm »

So apparently, apart from the Paris attack, there was an unrelated attack in Kenya which claimed 147 student lives. Yet, nobody is talking about that, not that I've seen anyways.

Because I fail at reading dates of published news, this happened in April apparently. Fucks sake.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 01:19:16 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98885 on: November 14, 2015, 01:30:50 pm »

My PS2 has broken down (troubleshooting suggests burned out laser) after years of service. I already have a PS3, but it's a model that can't run PS2 games. Thus, after doing a few price checks online I'm left with a choice:

Replacement console: 20€ for a used one. 170€ for one in mint condition.
Spare part to repair console: 5€ plus time and tech savvy.
New, better games on more modern consoles and/or PC: 5-50€ each. +1-10€ each for selling the old games.
Something else entirely?

I do have what it takes for option B, but maybe option C would be the smartest one. The others in my household suggest option A, but it's likely a 'new' console would soon get the same fault unless I got an actually new one.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98886 on: November 14, 2015, 01:48:07 pm »

So apparently, apart from the Paris attack, there was an unrelated attack in Kenya which claimed 147 student lives. Yet, nobody is talking about that, not that I've seen anyways.

Because I fail at reading dates of published news, this happened in April apparently. Fucks sake.

People never talk about Africa anyway. Your sadness isn't particularly misdirected, don't worry.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98887 on: November 14, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »

Worked a surprise 13 hour shift yesterday. Nightmares last night and during my nap today. Constant intrusive suicide thoughts. Can't stop crying. Have to go to work again today. Have to just suck it up and deal because no one gives a shit. Constant pain is getting worse, but i can't afford to get it fixed, even with health insurance.

I could really use a break from life right now, especially the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year™.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98888 on: November 14, 2015, 02:22:41 pm »

Can you afford a therapist? Regardless, good luck. Sounds like you're going through hell right now. :(

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98889 on: November 14, 2015, 02:30:02 pm »

I can't afford a sandwich right now, let alone any kind of treatment. 70% of my pay goes to taxes, health insurance that I can't afford to use, and child support for a kid I have almost exactly half time. Most of my problems are financial, I suppose, and the people who care can't help, because they're poor, too.

Edit: don't worry too much about me, guys. I mostly just needed to vent. Bad dreams affect me pretty deeply, considering I'm usually fairly lucid while I'm asleep. I've had suicidal thoughts for years, longer than I can remember, but I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. People need me. My kids need me. My wife needs me, or so I like to believe, even though it doesn't much feel like it lately. My work needs me, as I'm one of the best at what I do, even though I'd kill to go back to school and figure out how to science. Hell, maybe you need me. I don't know. I don't enjoy having responsibilities, but I'm not one to shirk them because I don't feel well.

I'm still here if you need me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:43:30 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98890 on: November 14, 2015, 06:05:36 pm »

Max. We like and need you. You are a fundamentally decent person, rarity.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98891 on: November 14, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »

+1. You're a cool guy and we like having you around. Everyone's here to... I dunno, give you electronic words of support. Have all my encouraging bytes. That sort of thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98892 on: November 14, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »

Yeah, those faces aren't gonna punch themselves.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98893 on: November 14, 2015, 06:14:08 pm »

I can't afford a sandwich right now, let alone any kind of treatment. 70% of my pay goes to taxes, health insurance that I can't afford to use, and child support for a kid I have almost exactly half time. Most of my problems are financial, I suppose, and the people who care can't help, because they're poor, too.

What about medical assistance? The government helps pay for my anxiety medication.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98894 on: November 14, 2015, 06:18:20 pm »

+1. You're a cool guy and we like having you around. Everyone's here to... I dunno, give you electronic words of support. Have all my encouraging bytes. That sort of thing.
I would say this again but he already did.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6591 6592 [6593] 6594 6595 ... 8167