Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6573 6574 [6575] 6576 6577 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443645 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98610 on: November 07, 2015, 12:10:01 pm »

When I attempted suicide, no one in my family responded at all.
I tell my parents I don't want to have sex with people, I get a doctors appointment within the week.
Wow your parents have a weird sense of priorities.
Seriously. My folks would've done a happy dance if I told them I wasn't interested in sex. Hell, I'd probably do one if my kids told me that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98611 on: November 07, 2015, 12:13:58 pm »

it's your danish blood contracting at racial memory of dragons invading scandinavia

no but seriously I have no idea
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98612 on: November 07, 2015, 12:36:01 pm »

Watched Office Space (1999) the other day. A quote stood out to me:

"I've realized now that, every single day since I started working, every day has been worse than the last one. So, right now, every week when I come here, it's literally the worst day of my life".

Paraphrased, but still, woah. Life is shit and struggle.

@kaladin:
Maybe not common, but certainly not rare.
Suicide = 'Attention seeking', 'Cry for help' - "All teenagers do it"
No sex drive = 'teenagers are obsessed with sex' - 'Our child is not Normal'
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:39:57 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #98613 on: November 07, 2015, 01:00:19 pm »

Also Shook that is one heck of a weird problem, it almost calls for science, is it only dragons getting hurt or can it happen with any animal getting hurt? Maybe it's not the dragons themselves but what they represent to you and that getting rekt that is causing the tummy turmoil?
It doesn't even have to involve injury or death, that just speeds it up; it's kind of a gradual thing that gets worse with exposure. It also kind of makes itself relevant for similar-looking animals, but otherwise not. It has, via association, come to the point where the thought of dragons is linked to Nervous Tummy(tm), and it's possible that the injury part is just because it reminds me of the day where it REALLY took off (read: watching the Dragon Age: Origins trailer), even though that thought doesn't really do anything to me by now. Maybe it's just pants-wetting fear over seeing something so powerful getting rekd, maybe i just care too much about them and have some dumb ideals that i hate to see contradicted, to the point where the perceived wrongness instills severe anxiety in me.  Perhaps it's a latent furry tinge in me (because let's be honest, being a dragon would be awesome), but in the end, i can only really hypothesize, but feel free to join me in that if you want.

In any case, it at least seems like i won't have to go hungry for months again, because it's kind of subsiding already, which at least hints at a level of resistance. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98614 on: November 07, 2015, 01:56:55 pm »

i still think it's your Viking blood
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98615 on: November 07, 2015, 03:11:18 pm »

Seriously. My folks would've done a happy dance if I told them I wasn't interested in sex. Hell, I'd probably do one if my kids told me that.
\But then why did you name your kid like a stripper?\

Seriously though, I'd be quite sad if I heard that from a (hypothetical) child of mine. No extended family, no grandkids, no great Clan gatherings on Christmas or Easter...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98616 on: November 07, 2015, 03:20:08 pm »

Exactly. The only reason you have children is for the understanding that you'll eventually have wonderfully malleable grandkids, and then become the family Patriarch/Mariarch, like Tywin Lannister, or Nanny Ogg (both equally terrifying).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98617 on: November 07, 2015, 03:21:50 pm »

Exactly. The only reason you have children is for the understanding that you'll eventually have wonderfully malleable grandkids, and then become the family Patriarch/Mariarch, like Tywin Lannister, or Nanny Ogg (both equally terrifying).
Nah.  Nanny Ogg is more terrifying.  Because her clan has been doing the same for nigh-on EVER.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98618 on: November 07, 2015, 03:24:24 pm »

I'd sort of like to become a male version of Nanny Ogg...

I never talked about that being the only reason to have a child though, I'll have to all you out on that. It's not a reason at all, really. But desiring grandchildren when you're a parent and your kids are all grown up is quite natural, no?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98619 on: November 07, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »

Honestly, I don't think there's anything wrong with desiring sex just for sex's sake, as long as it's safe, both parties are legal & consenting, and they know how to correctly use whatever birth control/STD protection they prefer. And as long as you're not cheating on an existing partner, that's important.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98620 on: November 07, 2015, 03:49:40 pm »

Yeah, but "OMG asexual fix them" isn't great.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98621 on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »

I never implied that. If you're genuinely asexual, that's fine too.

I think a lot of problems with today would be fixed if people didn't freak out about what others did, or did not do, with their genitals.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98622 on: November 07, 2015, 03:52:19 pm »

I never implied that. If you're genuinely asexual, that's fine too.

I think a lot of problems with today would be fixed if people didn't freak out about what others did, or did not do, with their genitals.
Heh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98623 on: November 07, 2015, 03:54:55 pm »

More generally: Caring too much about other people is as much of a problem as caring too little.
The Bay12 postcard club

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98624 on: November 07, 2015, 03:57:05 pm »

I'm not sure why you dragged out your soapbox there, Logical. The conversation was about Kaladin's issue with their parents going "Oh man you're asexual?! OFF TO THE PSYCHOLOGIST WITH YOU!" (Which explains Arx's comment) And no one said anything about sex-for-sex's-sake being bad, unless you can point me at someone who did say it, and even then it was a one off.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 06:34:17 pm by Descan »
Pages: 1 ... 6573 6574 [6575] 6576 6577 ... 8167