Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6558 6559 [6560] 6561 6562 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448981 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98385 on: October 30, 2015, 04:21:55 am »

It's really hard to clean blood out of wool carpet, apparently.
How to Remove Blood Stains from Carpet. :D
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98386 on: October 30, 2015, 07:43:42 am »

Shitballs it's already late and I need to get up early tomorrow to go and buy my Halloween costume.
I was planning on tidying my room before bed... perhaps I'll do it in the morning. Seems unlikely, though- I should probably do it now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98387 on: October 30, 2015, 07:55:12 am »

Witnessed a known prepubescent delinquent steal another boy's smartphone. Stepped in, and failed to defuse the situation. They both rode away on their bikes, and I couldn't follow on foot. I called my mother to try and reach the delinquent's mother (She had her number a few years ago, but not sure if it works anymore). Time will tell how this will end, but it'll probably be just another note on his rap sheet, since this community has failed to change him for any better for several years and doesn't have the heart to actually punish him.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98388 on: October 30, 2015, 08:41:02 am »

Shitballs it's already late and I need to get up early tomorrow to go and buy my Halloween costume.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98389 on: October 30, 2015, 08:59:20 am »

I'm exhausted. More tired than I've been before. Every time I sit down, I doze off and lose a few minutes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98390 on: October 30, 2015, 09:01:56 am »

What are you dressing as, Tack? Our Halloween party has inexplicably taken on a tiki theme in addition to general spookiness, so I figure I'll just wear the classic 'white sheet with eyeholes', chuck a Hawaiian shirt over that and call myself a tiki ghost. Hopefully I can find a cheap old sheet on such short notice.

In other sads, I find it incredibly hard to throw stuff out.
Cleaning my room, picking up bits of paper off the floor: "Oh hey, that's the receipt from that bus trip I took whilst overseas recently! Souvenir!" or "Oh, that's a pretty cool envelope from that thing I ordered a while ago, it's from overseas as well... let's keep it!" or even "Heh, here's a receipt for a tin of pringles and a bottle of iced coffee from down the street. I better keep this to remind me of the good times!"

Stupid hoarding mentality. Now the lower section of my cupboard is littered with trash.
At least I managed to throw out some stuff. My lair isn't quite as messy. Now I just need to figure out how the heck to get my doona/quilt/warm-bed-covering-thingy into the doona/quilt/warm-bed-covering-thingy-holder it's supposed to go in. I've never done this shit before.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98391 on: October 30, 2015, 09:09:38 am »

Our Halloween party has inexplicably taken on a tiki theme in addition to general spookiness, so I figure I'll just wear the classic 'white sheet with eyeholes', chuck a Hawaiian shirt over that and call myself a tiki ghost.

Tiki Klansman would work well too.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98392 on: October 30, 2015, 09:24:57 am »

So this is quick and not completely sad but I'm in a hurry (because I'm an idiot).

What if I was going about this wrong the whole time, treating it as a knife that needs to be pulled out to let the wound heal. But what if it was more like an arrow and by frantically trying to pull it out I just kept doing more and more damage. What if I just need to slowly push it trough until it's out the other end and not tearing me up inside anymore.

This makes little sense atm so I'll need to work it out some more, but I think I'm onto something here.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98393 on: October 30, 2015, 12:36:00 pm »

Another update: At least one more day in the hospital. Things may have taken a turn for the very bad, but I don't have all the information. Possible sepsis, definitely ecoli poisoning. Will keep you guys posted.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98394 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »

Good luck to her and, by extension, you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #98395 on: October 30, 2015, 12:50:57 pm »

Another update: At least one more day in the hospital. Things may have taken a turn for the very bad, but I don't have all the information. Possible sepsis, definitely ecoli poisoning. Will keep you guys posted.

Good luck to both of you!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98396 on: October 30, 2015, 05:02:19 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98397 on: October 30, 2015, 05:06:10 pm »

You drink beer for breakfast Yoink?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98398 on: October 30, 2015, 05:08:15 pm »

Nah mate, this is brunch. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98399 on: October 30, 2015, 05:12:37 pm »

Alcoholism :P :P :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6558 6559 [6560] 6561 6562 ... 8167