Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6552 6553 [6554] 6555 6556 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452505 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98295 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:47 am »

Fuck. Something seems to have dislodged the Apathy GogglesTM I usually keep stapled in place over my eyes, and now I'm fully aware of just how much I despise everyone I interact with on a day-to-day basis (in meatspace, before you get all upset).

Most of the "friends" I occasionally seek out and whose company I enjoy aren't really people I like. I guess I have one or two who you could call friends, but even with them I know if I actually scratched past the surface of their personality I'd quickly find reason to dislike them. Really, I just try and fool my own mind into thinking I like them.

...Sorry for the ramble. It's a shame, I was actually having a surprisingly nice day before being abruptly plunged into this terrible mood. :(
Now I have a large bottle of iced coffee and a couple bags of crisps with which to console myself (and then immediately afterwards hate myself for comfort eating, naturally). I probably should have just blown the contents of my bank account on some strong spirits instead, rather than saving my money to buy drinks for this retarded party I'm supposed to be having this weekend with a heap of people I don't even know.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98296 on: October 27, 2015, 07:03:46 am »

It's at least 35 outside, it's still an hour to the hottest part of the day, and the temperature has risen by two degrees in the last hour. Today is pretty brutal.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98297 on: October 27, 2015, 08:53:04 am »

Do you live in desert?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98298 on: October 27, 2015, 08:55:55 am »

Do you live in desert?

Nope. This isn't actually that terrible, it routinely gets worse here and in places like some in the US. I'm just meeltiing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98299 on: October 27, 2015, 08:56:26 am »

It's at least 35 outside, it's still an hour to the hottest part of the day, and the temperature has risen by two degrees in the last hour. Today is pretty brutal.
Celsius, huh?  Yeah.  Bad weather.
*whacks the weather with a newspaper*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98300 on: October 27, 2015, 09:03:57 am »

Everything above 16 degrees already turns Moscow from nice place into big frying pan. I wonder, how you survive in such hostile weather.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98301 on: October 27, 2015, 09:07:11 am »

Celsius, huh?  Yeah.  Bad weather.
*whacks the weather with a newspaper*

The temperature's dropped by half a degree, so whatever you did feel free to continue.

Everything above 16 degrees already turns Moscow from nice place into big frying pan. I wonder, how you survive in such hostile weather.

Practice. And I live in a heavily coastal city, which helps a bit. I've been swimming three times today.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98302 on: October 27, 2015, 09:10:39 am »

Lack of bears and vodka, both things which are known to keep you warm.

It's 50F/10C here now, and I'm hating it. Not cold enough to wear a parka or insulated bodysuit, but I still have a sweatshirt and coat on inside the house.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98303 on: October 27, 2015, 09:15:14 am »

Mom has major ODC or something about being clean. Don't get me wrong, clean is a good thing, except she set up a fish tank.

The algae eater starved to death. You might be overdoing it.

Poor bastard's just floating face (sucker?) down and back up along the surface.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98304 on: October 27, 2015, 09:20:54 am »

Poor guy...he had one job, and then someone outsourced it off-tank.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98305 on: October 27, 2015, 12:11:46 pm »

In sharp contrast to the happy thread, I'm working in a location that has my anxiety peaked. I do not want to ruin Undertale by playing right now, which doesn't help me through my day. Nothing but anger and depression and pain slathered over an Undertale playthrough would suck any fun out of it.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98306 on: October 27, 2015, 02:36:46 pm »

When I woke up this morning, I was in "crippling anxiety" mode and asked mom to cancel the endoscopy appointment I had tomorrow.

I've been feeling guilty and generally upset about this decision ever since...
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #98307 on: October 27, 2015, 04:47:02 pm »

Didn't get into the Overwatch Beta, predictably.  Apparently they'll still be adding people for ~7 hours but, eh, I should probably just get used to the idea that I'll be waiting until release.

Instead I've just been masochistically watching Ster play on twitch.  It looks really good, which makes it worse that I didn't get in.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #98308 on: October 27, 2015, 04:52:17 pm »

So does anyone remember may 11th of this year? Well... Gunner-Chan still does and as a result things have still been pretty bad here honestly...

I hope there's a way out of this for her that's actually happy.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98309 on: October 27, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »

So does anyone remember may 11th of this year? Well... Gunner-Chan still does and as a result things have still been pretty bad here honestly...

I hope there's a way out of this for her that's actually happy.
I would express support, but... Well, it wouldn't work.
Is an unban a thing, I wonder.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6552 6553 [6554] 6555 6556 ... 8167