Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6543 6544 [6545] 6546 6547 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453653 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98160 on: October 22, 2015, 06:28:49 am »

Sounds like you already did. Just remember that the party has to stop sometime.
I wouldn't say that complaining on the internet counts as doing something. Doing something would be stuff like reconciling with people I've wronged and working on improving myself.
It's not like it's crucial to do those things, I could get by otherwise. It's just kind of disheartening knowing that it's not difficult stuff and I still won't do it.

If it were easy everybody would be doing it and everybody would be a better person. But it's not easy, it's probably one of the hardest things to do because it requires a great deal of self awareness and self control, all the while stumbling around trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.

@Salmon
I'd say it is up to the individual, you can choose to indulge in the excessive consumerist lifestyle, or you can choose not to. Most people pick the first because it's how the society works nowadays and it's just easier to go with the flow. If people didn't feel the need to buy a new phone every every companies wouldn't be working so hard to churn them out like they do.
Certain industries do need regulations, mostly because they're far removed from the final consumer so you can't impact them as much by changing your purchasing habits.

Also yeah roy, the tech is there, but the willingness to use it is not. Again, lack of proper thinking ahead, or the willingness to do so, because we keep telling ourselves that it'll sort itself out or that someone else will sort it out. We could've implemented relatively painless solutions and altered our lifestyle somewhat to completely prevent the issue, but that's too much of a hassle for us so we'll just let it get so bad that we need to go for drastic solutions because it's too late for a small fix.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98161 on: October 22, 2015, 09:27:35 am »

Internet has been unstable and crap. Made me DC on a few games I was rather enjoying, makes me unable to play other games.
Without games I have nothing to do but dwell.

I don't like dwelling.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:38:43 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98162 on: October 22, 2015, 09:52:25 am »

The rest of my house is feeling like enemy territory at the moment.
I feel like shit in general, too. Can't really think of better words to describe where I'm at at the moment.

Hbllrffhthshtft. That's about the best I can do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98163 on: October 22, 2015, 04:25:05 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:35:53 pm by penguinofhonor »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98164 on: October 22, 2015, 04:26:11 pm »

Just fucked up some tie dye for my Halloween costume. Basically an hour or so of work down the drain. I suppose it could have been worse. My costume isn't completely ruined, just less cool.
What're you going to be?  Or who.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98165 on: October 22, 2015, 06:09:37 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:35:48 pm by penguinofhonor »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98166 on: October 22, 2015, 06:14:14 pm »

Well, as long as you don't dye of shame when you wear it, all is well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98167 on: October 22, 2015, 06:16:35 pm »

Well, as long as you don't dye of shame when you wear it, all is well.

I think this is for you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98168 on: October 22, 2015, 08:30:54 pm »

'S just a bit of colourful humor, that's all.
No need to get your panties in a twist.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98169 on: October 22, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »

Quote from: Rolan7 link=topic=43236. msg6567647#msg6567647 date=1445452844
I chew the skin around my fingernails, or pluck out my facial hair.
Someone I know picks at his cuticles, until they bleed...  Doesn't even know he's doing it.  I used to help by pointing it out.
It's weird what people do when bored or nervous.
I do that, the biting at my fingernails until they bleed. :-\
I do that, except I'm not biting the nails so much as chewing the skin right off the fingertips.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98170 on: October 22, 2015, 08:39:55 pm »

Yeah!  That's what I do.  Though I've learned moderation, I don't bite deep enough that they actually bleed.  I just nibble off the sensationless, bloodless bits.  It feels weird when they're grown out, like my fingertips are too wide.

When I'm really nervous I chew my fingernails too short, but mostly I just chew them to soften the sharp edges.  After I trim them by slicing with other fingernails...  Which is common, right?  I came up with it myself, but people had to do *something* before fingernail clippers.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98171 on: October 22, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »

Yeah!  That's what I do.  Though I've learned moderation, I don't bite deep enough that they actually bleed.  I just nibble off the sensationless, bloodless bits.  It feels weird when they're grown out, like my fingertips are too wide.

When I'm really nervous I chew my fingernails too short, but mostly I just chew them to soften the sharp edges.  After I trim them by slicing with other fingernails...  Which is common, right?  I came up with it myself, but people had to do *something* before fingernail clippers.
... I do all of that, too.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98172 on: October 22, 2015, 10:01:12 pm »

I wish I could just step out of depression.

I want to just not be depressed right now... but it is like I am drenched in it... >_<

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98173 on: October 23, 2015, 03:22:46 am »

Pro-tip.

Staying up until 4 in the morning playing video games 2 nights in a row in the middle of the week when you have college classes each day is not conducive to your not being horribly sleep deprived. Especially when you have a test you should be studying for this weekend.

Don't do what I do. Game responsibly, kiddos.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98174 on: October 23, 2015, 03:27:36 am »

Pro-tip.

Staying up until 4 in the morning playing video games 2 nights in a row in the middle of the week when you have college classes each day is not conducive to your not being horribly sleep deprived. Especially when you have a test you should be studying for this weekend.

Don't do what I do. Game responsibly, kiddos.
Heh, nice timing for me. I'm not sure if I had any sleep in the last 24 hours, because I've been on a HoMM 3 8-people hotseat party thing at my friend's dorm. (She won, sorta).

I can't close my eyes for fear of just faceplanting into something.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6543 6544 [6545] 6546 6547 ... 8167