Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6534 6535 [6536] 6537 6538 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450391 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98025 on: October 17, 2015, 04:01:08 pm »

Only my boyfriend would miss me if I killed myself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98026 on: October 17, 2015, 04:20:27 pm »

Acquire more boyfriends.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98027 on: October 17, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »

From a rather dark school of cheering people, that's one more than some people who decide to stay alive have.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98028 on: October 17, 2015, 04:32:36 pm »

Sorry if I presume a bit too much, but seriously, Cinder, if you dropped off the face of the Interwebs, I would probably miss you.
And really, I feel like I'm not the only person here who would.
Don't do anything rash, 'kay?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98029 on: October 17, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »

>implying you don't have internet friends on bay12 who'd miss you

Kill yourself and I will spam the hell out of your pm box in the afterlife.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98030 on: October 17, 2015, 06:20:53 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:24:18 pm by penguinofhonor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98031 on: October 17, 2015, 08:10:30 pm »

SalmonGod: I have exactly zero real, useful advice to offer in this situation (and you didn't exactly ask for advice anyway), but I hope things get better for you soon. Good luck. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98032 on: October 17, 2015, 08:19:05 pm »

Not expecting advice, but it's not unwelcome, either... thanks for the words.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98033 on: October 17, 2015, 08:48:23 pm »

Salmon: That sucks. Big time. PM box is open, as always - though I sort of doubt that I'd be the best person to talk to, or the first one you'd go to - but one thing struck me as very odd: You haven't been inside your bedroom for a timespan it took me to start and crash an entire relationship? Are you really sure what you have ought to be called a marriage any more?

E: My sad: I need to stop hitting on people in committed relationships. 'I should tell you I have someone waiting for me in Berlin.' It wasn't weird or anything, and the conversation continued as before, but it would be nice if I was better at picking what people I like...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98034 on: October 18, 2015, 12:50:30 am »

@Salmon
Can you take a few days off? Seeing as you're probably very valuable if you're keeping everything together I think your boss would prolly understand if you asked for a day or two off, just go and be alone for a bit or something, clear your head and refresh if possible. Not really qualified to give any other advice I'm afraid X)

Also, me and sleep are on really weird terms, was feeling tired last night (probably because I had less than four hours of sleep yesterday) so I went to bed early, and I woke up at six, oh well, it's gonna be one long day it seems.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98035 on: October 18, 2015, 12:58:43 am »

Salmon, it sounds to me like you need to sit down with your SO and have a serious conversation about what exactly your relationship even means.  I understand that you are tired and worn out, but home matters are the most important matters in your life, and neglecting them is contributing to your current problem.  I don't have any good advice regarding your work environment, but I will say this, if your job is killing you, then it's something you should ditch at the very first opportunity.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98036 on: October 18, 2015, 05:03:11 am »

You can support polyamory and recognize that it's led to a destructive situation in your house.  Your happiness matters.

My friends a marriage counselor,  he hates polyamory, probably because he's seen it go wrong many times.  Even if both agree, that doesn't mean they agree on what they're agreeing on.  From the post it sounds like she's getting everything out of it.  New boyfriend, sex and emotional fulfillment and the real dad stays to take care of the kids.

It won't be long.  My grandma will be gone probably within 2 hours.  She's asleep and won't wake up.  I've been taking care of her for the last six years, my entire adult life. I'm happy for her, but it'll be a strange life.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 05:08:02 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98037 on: October 18, 2015, 09:42:12 am »

I would, if that counts, please don't do anything like that please D:

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98038 on: October 18, 2015, 11:19:24 am »

Something I've been wondering: why do people call it "a story to restore one's faith in humanity" when but a single person does something truly smart and/or selfless? It's great and worthy of praise, but also statistically insignificant. Those good people are not representing humanity as a whole, so what are they worth compared to the thousands of people being destructively stupid and/or selfish? Just one person helping a sick old lady or whatever hardly redeems everyone. Why don't we hear enough stories of humanity itself being great? I can name a few such stories, but they easily fall to the background while idiocy prevails.

My faith in humanity is pretty low right now.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #98039 on: October 18, 2015, 11:31:02 am »

My faith in humanity is pretty low right now.

As it should be.

Anyway, greatness is subjective and will always be overshadowed by bad. Look at the negativity bias for a moderately related thing: man is so focused on improvement that we'll ask "why couldn't he not chop down half the Brazilian forest to treat half the problem of Africa?"

Look at the news, what do they cover? "Man shoots up school" gets much more views than "man creates cheap water purifier to clean developing nations' water supply". There's nothing to argue about for the latter, the good has been done. We've done it, we've solved one problem, but look: there's a guy shooting up a school. We need to do something to fix that, now that the water is clean. We don't need to care about the effects of clean water as much now that we've done it.

Does that make sense? I have a tendency to be aimless in my rambling.

Pages: 1 ... 6534 6535 [6536] 6537 6538 ... 8167