Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6466 6467 [6468] 6469 6470 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449865 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97005 on: September 09, 2015, 07:08:36 pm »

But there's no pressing need to, now, if they have actually left (probably not).
It just irked me somewhat seeing such an outpouring of goodwill and well-wishes for someone who, as far as I can recall, didn't do much other than post weaboo stuff, abuse people and occasionally discuss videogames. Let's have some truth in this cup of tea rather than just filling it with sugar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97006 on: September 09, 2015, 07:11:05 pm »

What good does dredging all that up do now? I'm not involved in the well-wishing and all that, but even so, no need to bring up past grudges.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97007 on: September 09, 2015, 07:11:42 pm »

If you really want to bring that stuff back up, you should save that stuff for the visit to the local pub and not bring it up at the funeral, so to speak. It's a matter of respect, not of right or wrong.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97008 on: September 09, 2015, 07:14:26 pm »

....uh. Anybody else remember when GWG got bant and everybody spoke ill of the dead? It's practically a Bay12ian tradition.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #97009 on: September 09, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »

She actually didn't is the amazing thing. I'm the one that mentioned she didn't like him. And instead Yoink goes showing his colors unprompted.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97010 on: September 09, 2015, 07:16:59 pm »

....uh. Anybody else remember when GWG got bant and everybody spoke ill of the dead? It's practically a Bay12ian tradition.
That was a big debate on whether or not he should be unbanned, of which there isn't really here. It'd just be slagging people off for it's own sake.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97011 on: September 09, 2015, 07:17:07 pm »

Likening someone leaving the forum to a funeral seems like a bit of a stretch.     
And why would I discuss some stranger on the internet with people at a pub? ??? Also I'm pretty sure it's mostly saloons here...

Yeah, that's what I was going to say- it seems wrong to praise one person to the heavens for no reason when half the time people talk all kinds of shit when someone gets banned.

Fakeedit:
But there's no pressing need to, now, if they have actually left (probably not).
It just irked me somewhat seeing such an outpouring of goodwill and well-wishes for someone who, as far as I can recall, didn't do much other than post weaboo stuff, abuse people and occasionally discuss videogames. Let's have some truth in this cup of tea rather than just filling it with sugar.
Just because they treat you badly doesn't mean you have to respond in kind.
...That's a pretty messed up outlook on life. Sounds like battered spouse syndrome.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97012 on: September 09, 2015, 07:18:03 pm »

I can't see how somebody could ever be led to dislike you, Yoink, when you're clearly such a nice and respectful person.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97013 on: September 09, 2015, 07:18:42 pm »

Shush, don't spook the alcoholic :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97014 on: September 09, 2015, 07:20:27 pm »

That was a big debate on whether or not he should be unbanned, of which there isn't really here. It'd just be slagging people off for it's own sake.
...no, that's not how it was. Before the debate, right after he was banned, somebody said he was banned in WTF and I distinctly remember people starting to slag him. Like, body still warm fast.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97015 on: September 09, 2015, 07:22:18 pm »

I'm okay with people disliking me, just as long as I'm allowed to dislike them right back.
If it was, say, MZ who disliked me, I could understand people complaining if I said bad things about him (and would most likely feel sad to have somehow pissed him off). But the recently departed person who I am apparently not supposed to speak ill of never seemed particularly "nice and respectful" to anyone, not just me. Apologies for speaking my mind for once.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97016 on: September 09, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »

...no, that's not how it was. Before the debate, right after he was banned, somebody said he was banned in WTF and I distinctly remember people starting to slag him. Like, body still warm fast.
I would suspect that was because he was fond of starting arguments over (I believe) rather inane things by that point. Or you may be misremembering. I honestly don't remember much about it aside from him constantly arguing and there being a semi-large outpouring of 'GWG got BANNED!?'
My point is going "respect for the dead" whenever somebody leaves and lashing out at anybody who disrespects is weird.

Seriously, go back in time, when this happened I literally asked why they were suddenly all hating on him, and somebody explained that B12 doesn't do respect for the dead.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97017 on: September 09, 2015, 07:26:31 pm »

It wasn't good then, it isn't good now.
The Bay12 postcard club

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97018 on: September 09, 2015, 07:27:21 pm »

When Gandhi said 'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind' there was more than an inkling of truth in that phrase.

Booze is Life for Yoink

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97019 on: September 09, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »

It wasn't good then, it isn't good now.
It wasn't good? Then why did nobody else object?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 6466 6467 [6468] 6469 6470 ... 8167