Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6437 6438 [6439] 6440 6441 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446059 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96570 on: August 23, 2015, 11:37:27 pm »

Hard to do with MMOs, m8.
Harder, but not impossible. :P For example I have a group of friends running their own little servers of a couple of different older MMO's that they've downloaded cracked versions of. Like any kinda of emulator, server emulators tend to get cracked down on if the game is still making any money, but they do exist.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96571 on: August 24, 2015, 05:32:40 am »

I'm sure this is one sad in a sea of others in the coming weeks...
But I start school in two days and I'm nervous and anxious out my mind. The school I went to for the last... 12-14? years was closed last year, so now my only other options is a semi-private school that's roughly 100 times bigger. There is going to be so much I've never had to deal with before... entirely new teachers, new schedules, a uniform, making new friends, not freaking out in large crowds because that's always been a problem for me.

Gonna be a rough couple weeks.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96572 on: August 24, 2015, 06:52:46 am »

I've got education related sads too. Got exams coming up, haven't really studied that much for them, but I have another month so it's not a shortage of time as it is a shortage of willpower. And besides that the professor that I've written an e-mail to, in regards to changing the topic of my essay or atleast helping with finding useful resources hasn't responded in two weeks now. And I know he could've seen it since I recieved an e-mail which he sent out to everyone in the group regarding the finals this week. If I don't do this essay I don't get the grade, even if I did pass the exams themselves and this fucks with my other plans because I can at most have a single subject to carry over into the next year or I have to pay the difference. The worst part is this is a piss-easy course that carries almost no ECTS points and if I can't get a grade for it I'll need to tackle one of the bigger harder ones that I planned on leaving for next year.

Of course this is all with the specter of my dads words that there are no more second chances so if I don't do this I'll have to find a job and start providing for myself in some way, which is less than ideal since I don't have any work expirience or skills. And that wouldn't be that big of an issue since I could find both but the problem is I'd have to stay home for the time being, and I really really do not want to do that for a number of reasons.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96573 on: August 24, 2015, 07:17:54 am »

First day of college classes this semester. Slept terribly last night. Seemed like I never fell asleep.

Wooooooooo.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96574 on: August 24, 2015, 02:33:31 pm »

So my right shoulder to neck muscle started to hurt about an hour ago, this dull pain that's been slowly rising in intensity. I have no idea what caused it but it is somewhat worrying and very annoying since I'm having trouble using my entire right arm because of it.
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96575 on: August 24, 2015, 06:23:56 pm »

Stayed up way too late playing online Monopoly, of all things. Now I'm tired.
I need to get my shit together so I can make the most of this trip rather than sitting around in a hotel room. Even if it is a very purty room.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96576 on: August 24, 2015, 08:05:40 pm »

Cute girl in one of my classes.

I don't mind how I barely speak to people, unless said people is a cute girl. Then I feel bad about not being more outgoing and talkative and not trying to say anything to the cute girl.

Woo, introversion and stuff.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96577 on: August 24, 2015, 08:25:27 pm »

Think I'm gonna have to drop a class for a less time-consuming one. The professor's great, it's good information, and an easy A, but I just do not have the time for the reading and weekly assignments. Bluh bluh.

also it runs till 9 PM the night before an 8 AM class
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96578 on: August 24, 2015, 08:28:12 pm »

... is that really that bad? I've had a few of those, I just made sure to go to sleep immediately after getting back and wake up at like four or five in the morning. Rough the first few times, but after a bit it gets pretty easy to stay in the habit.

Also if you're enjoying it, maybe just take an easy B and skimp on some of the reading or assignments to save time?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:32:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96579 on: August 24, 2015, 09:16:03 pm »

I never said I was enjoying it. :P It's actually quite dry and uninteresting, but it's of practical use (a rarity in a department like political science), and the professor is a pretty decent guy and teaches well, in that students who pass will know the material well.

Honestly the schedule is the least of it. Skipping the reading is unlikely to work. Weekly assignments make 1/5 of the grade, and are drawn directly from the readings - and the first long-term project is also designed to force us to put into use the specific information in the first textbook. I'd be taking an easy D, at best, and that's as good as flunking for a variety of reasons. It's probably about 10 to 12 hours of outside-class work a week, which isn't so bad, except when stacked with my other classes (I'd estimate a collective 15 hours of outside-class work), my job (supposed to be 20 hours, but I have a kind professor so it usually works out closer to 12-15), the actual classes themselves (about 13 hours), an independent study I'm doing (anywhere from 4 to 20 hours historically, over the summer), and a competition dealie I've found myself signed up for with a fair bit of money riding on it (probably in the neighborhood of 10 a week until it's over in a couple months, halfway into the semester).

So that's, what, 65ish hours of work on a good week, not to mention my precious shitposting career.

Things could sure as hell be a lot worse, if for example I were working two full-time jobs to support a family or something, but as vast as my ego is I don't think I'm capable of maintaining my grades under even conditions this relatively mild.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96580 on: August 24, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »

First day of school was just recently, the upperclassmen weren't as uptight as I thought they'd be.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96581 on: August 24, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

First day of school was just recently, the upperclassmen weren't as uptight as I thought they'd be.
Upperclassmen are just older freshmen.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96582 on: August 24, 2015, 09:34:32 pm »

Upperclassmen are just older freshmen.

but deys uppahclasmin

I know it's a stereotype, but it's a rather well-ingrained stereotype.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96583 on: August 25, 2015, 12:20:15 pm »

I keep meaning to swing past the art store on my route home to get charcoal and colour pencils, but I keep forgetting.

Also I started reading A Song of Ice and Fire and I'm writing exams solid from now until December. Life choices.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96584 on: August 25, 2015, 01:06:51 pm »

Everybody dies.

There, I just saved you a ton of time and failed exams.

My sad is that the apartment I've been eyeballing to rent has been rented sometime in the past week, I have two other options but they don't seem as nice/convinient. Really sucks when you're 200 odd kilometers from your uni and can't make regular trips to check out apartments on time.
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6437 6438 [6439] 6440 6441 ... 8167