Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6425 6426 [6427] 6428 6429 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443469 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96390 on: August 16, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »

Woke up already having a bad day. That never used to happen to me. My last day of working here is just shy of two weeks away. Come on August 28th, I'm read to be done for a while.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #96391 on: August 16, 2015, 11:21:54 pm »

Sixty. Six. Facking. Hours.

That's how many hours I worked this past week. Average of 11 per day in other words. Problem is that nearly a third of those hours were unpaid waiting times, so my paycheck will not be worth anywhere near 66 hours' worth.
Have you considered that that might be illegal?  Like I don't know and its probably immaterial anyway, but... I dunno, sounds vaguely illegal.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96392 on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:20 am »

I'm trying not to think too much, because I have precious little good to think about at present.
Better to distract myself with Drawception or immerse myself in a book instead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96393 on: August 17, 2015, 02:55:25 pm »

Sixty. Six. Facking. Hours.

That's how many hours I worked this past week. Average of 11 per day in other words. Problem is that nearly a third of those hours were unpaid waiting times, so my paycheck will not be worth anywhere near 66 hours' worth.
Have you considered that that might be illegal?  Like I don't know and its probably immaterial anyway, but... I dunno, sounds vaguely illegal.

It isn't. It's scummy but it's legal.

No rage thread, so I'll mention my hour spent on hold here. I get that it's a busy time for them, but there's no end in sight (12 callers ahead of me) and this is time I can never get back, or really use for anything else either.

Edit: It's like they read Bay12, almost soon as I posted this I got bumped to the front of the queue.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:17:35 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96394 on: August 17, 2015, 04:47:26 pm »

Someone else's actual crisis helped disrupt my anxiety about spending 9 days cooped up with a couple of relatives in rural Montana.
Though now it's sorta coming back.  Doesn't help that the trip *starts* tomorrow.
Still feel kinda bad for complaining, I mean, I'll probably have enough internet at nights to get my work done...  It's really just having to spend that much time around relatives, even ones I like.
Wow now I feel even worse about complaining.  Whatever, I have issues!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #96395 on: August 17, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »

no
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:20:56 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96396 on: August 17, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »

It's been 2 years, and I'm still struggling to forgive him. I... don't even know what to call him.  He's not my enemy. That implies mutual hostility, but just like anything between us it's always one-sided. It's not his fault, but I can't help but hate him. I hate him for making me aware that I'm not as good as I had thought. I hate him for making me acutely aware of my shortcomings as a human being.

I don't know why I befriended his girlfriend, and while she's nice and we're fairly close, I still can't help but silently compare myself to her. At least she's nice enough to avoid the mention of her boyfriend whenever we hang out.

If not for her sake, I would have tried to manipulate her into leaving him for me. It scares me that I think these sort of things. It scares me that hurting people comes so easily to me.
Sounds like unnecessary drama. You know what I'd do? Let it gooooooooooooo. [song plays in the background]
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96397 on: August 17, 2015, 08:00:43 pm »

I had begun feeding an outside cat, and built him a little "house" he could hang out in outside.

Someone put out antifreeze in some kind of container cut into a makeshift bowl. He licked it up and died.

I'm sad and angry and just don't even know.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96398 on: August 17, 2015, 08:02:59 pm »

Wh-
But that's just unnecessarily cruel.
Man. Fuck that person.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96399 on: August 17, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »

I hate him for making me aware that I'm not as good as I had thought. I hate him for making me acutely aware of my shortcomings as a human being.
This really doesn't sound like a healthy line of thought, Cin.

But that's just unnecessarily cruel.
"Someone's been caring for this animal" -> "Better murder it for shits and giggles". Basically, that person is an arsehole about eight inches in diameter.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96400 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:30 pm »

I had begun feeding an outside cat, and built him a little "house" he could hang out in outside.

Someone put out antifreeze in some kind of container cut into a makeshift bowl. He licked it up and died.

I'm sad and angry and just don't even know.

fuck, man, just...
I'm more sad than angry, but I'm pretty angry.
Maybe it was supposed to be a horrible gag, because I think antifreeze is tasteless and odorless?  So maybe they didn't know what they were doing...
fuck
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96403 on: August 17, 2015, 09:16:08 pm »

I hate him for making me acutely aware of my shortcomings as a human being.

Are you ever self aware? Like, really?

I know this isn't even something I should be posting but jesus man. Slap yourself in the god damn face and get a grip or something.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96404 on: August 17, 2015, 09:27:24 pm »

fuck, man, just...
I'm more sad than angry, but I'm pretty angry.
Maybe it was supposed to be a horrible gag, because I think antifreeze is tasteless and odorless?  So maybe they didn't know what they were doing...
fuck

Nope. What's screwed up is that it tastes sweet, and mean people know animals will lap it up because of that. In nature, poisons usually taste bad. It took human beings to make a poison that tasted good....

Sometimes people are bastards.
Pages: 1 ... 6425 6426 [6427] 6428 6429 ... 8167