Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6418 6419 [6420] 6421 6422 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438487 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96285 on: August 12, 2015, 11:26:59 pm »

When anything is said to be "against the word of God" and isn't wildly illegal, you just know that it's awesome.
QFT

Extended relatives posting about how they are going to boycott Target forever ("de-genderization of children is against the word of God") and photoshopped images of Caitlin Jenner all in the same day. On the plus side, there's now a browser plugin that replaces all instances of "political correctness" with "treating other people with respect".
Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  What did Target do that could be construed as "de-genderization"?
Literally that. Childrens toys aren't going to be gendered anymore.
ow were they "gendered" in the first place?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96286 on: August 12, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »

That... what?
So in catalogues and stuff, they'll have kids of both genders playing with all kinds of toys? That's pretty cool, really.   
Kid-me always wanted to see what those "girl's" dolls were like. Not to mention his toy castle playset was a total picklejar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96287 on: August 12, 2015, 11:43:14 pm »

What they really mean is they will only stock Lego's and model animals from now on. The rest of it was crap anyway. Oh, and nerf guns. Nerf guns are great for confounding parents by getting those suction darts stuck to the inside of light fixtures.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96288 on: August 12, 2015, 11:47:38 pm »

When anything is said to be "against the word of God" and isn't wildly illegal, you just know that it's awesome.
QFT
Shellfish and polyester clothes aren't that exciting.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96289 on: August 12, 2015, 11:56:50 pm »

QFT
BURN THE HERETIC
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96290 on: August 13, 2015, 12:01:54 am »

Extended relatives posting about how they are going to boycott Target forever ("de-genderization of children is against the word of God") and photoshopped images of Caitlin Jenner all in the same day. On the plus side, there's now a browser plugin that replaces all instances of "political correctness" with "treating other people with respect".

What about a plugin that replaces all instances of the words "political correctness" with "doublespeak"?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96291 on: August 13, 2015, 12:18:25 am »

In other sad news, I really want to try the beverage Club Mate (as far as I can gather, it's a tea/soda hybrid filled with caffeine and popular among the hacker subculture) but there is only one place in the city that even possibly sells it, and it's kind of a pain to get to. Oh well, I'll make it eventually, when I'm not lazy.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96292 on: August 13, 2015, 12:21:34 am »

What about a plugin that replaces all instances of the words "political correctness" with "doublespeak"?
/s/keyboard/leopard/.  </xkcd>

What?  Prepackaged tea/soda?  Bah.  Just mix up your own.  I do a half-and-half ginger-ale/tea thing a lot of the time.  Just the right amount of bubbles.  But don't pre-mix, it'll go flat.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96293 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:13 am »

QFT
Say what you like man, I would die without my pork ribs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96294 on: August 13, 2015, 01:04:49 am »

Oh god. The poor people of Tianjin :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96295 on: August 13, 2015, 01:28:28 am »

Oh god. The poor people of Tianjin :(

Holy SHIT. I just looked that up after I read this. That's... Some fucked up shit... Looks like the place got carpet bombed... When it obviously didn't
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96296 on: August 13, 2015, 01:30:55 am »

Do they know what actually caused it yet? It's bloody terrible.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96297 on: August 13, 2015, 01:32:15 am »

An industrial explosion large enough to form a mushroom cloud.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96298 on: August 13, 2015, 01:33:39 am »

It was a warehouse storing industrial chemicals among other things. It could of been literal explosives being sparked off. But from what I read the sheer magnitude of the blast and all the work it created means it can be years till a definite cause is found.

I'm personally leaning on a leak that got sparked off though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96299 on: August 13, 2015, 01:53:26 am »

/s/keyboard/leopard/.  </xkcd>

What?  Prepackaged tea/soda?  Bah.  Just mix up your own.  I do a half-and-half ginger-ale/tea thing a lot of the time.  Just the right amount of bubbles.  But don't pre-mix, it'll go flat.

It's not that I really want to drink it regularly it's that it's a weird geeky subculture thing that I feel it's my duty to try at least once.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 6418 6419 [6420] 6421 6422 ... 8167