Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6417 6418 [6419] 6420 6421 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438524 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96270 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:51 pm »

Yes. It's always better when you can blame someone else.
If you try hard enough, I'm sure you can think of someone. C'mon, put your mind to it! Blaming others makes everything better!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #96271 on: August 12, 2015, 12:22:03 pm »

The internet. BAM.
If only it wasn't for this hideously addictive device, I would have gotten things done.
No, there is no way I could find myself another distracting thing. Even if there was, I'd just blame that and demand it to be removed!

Wait, this is leading down to a path where I essentially lock myself into a sensory deprivation tank to Get Things Done.

... Well, if that's what it takes...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96272 on: August 12, 2015, 12:23:28 pm »

I'm glad I could help.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96273 on: August 12, 2015, 03:13:46 pm »

Through wiki wandering (and reading further articles), discovered a chromosomal disorder whose characteristics fit me almost perfectly. I'm probably being paranoid but I am a bit disturbed, and what with the signs of it not being obvious to most medical exams (and it often going undiagnosed well into adulthood) it's still more paranoia-inducing. I think I want to get a karotype now, again, probably being paranoid but it would explain a lot.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96274 on: August 12, 2015, 04:02:25 pm »

You don't know paranoia until you've had a psychiatrist say you've got early symptoms of schizophrenia
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96275 on: August 12, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »

I'm halfway through Apocalypse Now.  Definitely one of those uncomfortable but classic movies.  Kinda like Catch 22 except a lot easier to follow.

Edit: And immediately one of the characters dropped acid and they entered a combat zone with no officers.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:09:37 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96276 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:32 pm »

mangled my earpieces.

damn i can't listen to muzak no more

2 down x more to go
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96277 on: August 12, 2015, 10:07:03 pm »

Extended relatives posting about how they are going to boycott Target forever ("de-genderization of children is against the word of God") and photoshopped images of Caitlin Jenner all in the same day. On the plus side, there's now a browser plugin that replaces all instances of "political correctness" with "treating other people with respect".
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96278 on: August 12, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

Extended relatives posting about how they are going to boycott Target forever ("de-genderization of children is against the word of God") and photoshopped images of Caitlin Jenner all in the same day. On the plus side, there's now a browser plugin that replaces all instances of "political correctness" with "treating other people with respect".
Hah.  Political correctness can go a bit further than 'treating people with respect'.  Like calling rich people "persons of advanced material means."  Or something.  Which is actually a thing even if I got the exact words wrong.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96279 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:21 pm »

Hah.  Political correctness can go a bit further than 'treating people with respect'.  Like calling rich people "persons of advanced material means."  Or something.  Which is actually a thing even if I got the exact words wrong.
I know it can, but most of the time when I see people on my social media feeds complaining about it, it's a lot more basic then that. Everything can be taken to an extreme, but I there's also a baseline modicum of not being a jerk that I really don't think is a lot of work to not offend people needlessly. Plus it's funny even if not 100% correct.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96280 on: August 12, 2015, 10:40:52 pm »

Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  What did Target do that could be construed as "de-genderization"?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96281 on: August 12, 2015, 10:45:54 pm »

I know it can, but most of the time when I see people on my social media feeds complaining about it, it's a lot more basic then that. Everything can be taken to an extreme, but I there's also a baseline modicum of not being a jerk that I really don't think is a lot of work to not offend people needlessly. Plus it's funny even if not 100% correct.
True that, but that's just not being a jerk, not necessarily political correctness.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #96282 on: August 12, 2015, 11:20:21 pm »

When anything is said to be "against the word of God" and isn't wildly illegal, you just know that it's awesome.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96283 on: August 12, 2015, 11:25:24 pm »

Sorry, I'm out of the loop.  What did Target do that could be construed as "de-genderization"?
Literally that. Childrens toys aren't going to be gendered anymore.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96284 on: August 12, 2015, 11:26:48 pm »

Literally that. Childrens toys aren't going to be gendered anymore.
...Okay, and?
Yeah, that's...Normal.  Enough.  Although there are some things you can't exactly degender.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6417 6418 [6419] 6420 6421 ... 8167