Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6414 6415 [6416] 6417 6418 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440041 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96225 on: August 10, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »

Sure, but they're being honest about being bad, that doesn't make them any less bad, in my eyes it makes them worse because they know they are bad, they accept it and go with it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96226 on: August 10, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »

Sure, but they're being honest about being bad, that doesn't make them any less bad, in my eyes it makes them worse because they know they are bad, they accept it and go with it.
Very few people believe themselves to be a "bad person." Your arbitrary definition probably disagrees with theirs.

I'm not exactly talking about the Joker here.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96227 on: August 10, 2015, 05:03:25 pm »

buh

he literally just said 'i may not agree with his conclusions but at least he thinks he's doing good'

srsly
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96228 on: August 10, 2015, 05:08:23 pm »

Ah, that was in context, yeah, in that case it can be seen as positive. I was going in broader terms, not this specific case, sorry if that wasn't clear or stated at all X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96229 on: August 10, 2015, 07:33:18 pm »

My grandfather is about to die.

...I don't want him to die.
*hugs*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #96230 on: August 10, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »

My cat just got put down today. He'd been starting to have a bit more trouble breathing about a month ago, and after we got back from our 4 day vacation his health appeared to have taken a nosedive. Took him into the vet this afternoon and after just two x-rays they determined that he was basically on his last legs and it was probably time to say goodbye. He didn't even end up needing the final injection; just the sedative alone was enough to send him to his rest after a few minutes. Took the body home and are going to be burying it once my dad gets back with some wood to build a box. :'(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96231 on: August 10, 2015, 09:27:46 pm »

on a scale of -10 to +10 happiness, I'm sitting at -4

Idk why even

I just suddenly felt sad and futile again.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96232 on: August 10, 2015, 09:41:49 pm »

My grandfather is about to die.

...I don't want him to die.
Hang in there, mate. May good fortune come to you and him.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96233 on: August 10, 2015, 11:18:57 pm »

So my dad has some stances and views which are kinda not cool. Aside from bashing the US whenever he can (and I wouldn't even mind it if he wasn't doing it in the most hammy and stupid way possible, but hey, why attack them over real issues when you can just say they're all idiots and are to blame for most of the shit going on in the world), he commented on the incredibly large number of refugees from the middle east, saying that they don't really need to flee their war torn region, they just gotta kick out the folks who are causing the war tearing, namely the folks US put in place or something. Now I can kinda see his pov since he did fight to defend his home and family in the war that happened here but that was not exactly the same cup of shitstorm that's happening in the middle east right now.

I've gotta say that I can't see his point of view at all. The best possible course of action for someone - anyone - in the middle east is to leave the middle east. Wash their hands of it and shake the dust from their feet. It is a cursed place.

I'm not entirely dismissive of criticisms of immigration from the middle east, but the criticisms I would be willing to give ear to are more along the lines of why escapees from Angband weren't trusted in The Silmarillion, where even people who managed to escape that vile place were often still brainwashed or otherwise subtly corrupted by the evil of that place.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96234 on: August 10, 2015, 11:21:56 pm »

My cat just got put down today. He'd been starting to have a bit more trouble breathing about a month ago, and after we got back from our 4 day vacation his health appeared to have taken a nosedive. Took him into the vet this afternoon and after just two x-rays they determined that he was basically on his last legs and it was probably time to say goodbye. He didn't even end up needing the final injection; just the sedative alone was enough to send him to his rest after a few minutes. Took the body home and are going to be burying it once my dad gets back with some wood to build a box. :'(
I'm really sorry to hear that ):
It's not easy, even when it's necessary.
(All this cat stuff recently, makes me want to visit the little cairn back home)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96235 on: August 10, 2015, 11:48:40 pm »

My computer maintenance didn't go well at all. I couldn't get the main ribbon connector unlocked because the space it's in is way too small to safely fit anything to open it with. My guide says breaking this thing effectively bricks the computer, so caution is at a premium. Secondly, one of the screw wells came out while reassembling after hitting that wall. Why exactly there are fragile screw wells in the first pace is a bit of a frustrating mystery.

On top of all that, my mother is demanding that I move forward on making a car decision while my father continues his bullshit act of being too tough to give me a real budget for selecting a car. Dear fucking god, would it kill either of you to be honest? The only thing I've pried out of either of them are demands for things that are expensive, while simultaneously telling me to keep it cheap. Just, you know, cheap, but reliable, and not too old, and low mileage, and try to make it manly you need that while you're young eh son *chk* *chk*, but also what' do you think I am a charity, this needs to be a steal if I'm helping." Gah!

Also, while I've known a lot of angry drunks and a lot of annoying drunks, my mother is the only person I've ever known to be a conspiracy drunk. Everything is retroactively some plot.

On top of that, I still have not been able to clarify things with my future roommates and our electric utility because I can't contact them despite best efforts. Oh well. I guess I'll live in the dark for a few days once we all meet.

Alright, monthly venting session complete.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96236 on: August 11, 2015, 02:03:38 am »

Heading back up to Idaho at the end of the week to attend the memorial, gonna have to confront grief some more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96237 on: August 11, 2015, 02:15:05 am »

Sorry to hear that, man. That always sucks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96238 on: August 11, 2015, 02:56:34 am »

Accidentally cocked up my Windows 10 upgrade, so it's just overwriting my Win8 instead of setting up a dual-boot. There goes... A lot of stuff, but thankfully nothing irreplaceable (I had the presence of mind to back up the few things that are truly irreplaceable). Mostly save games, some shitty 3D models, pictures that can be found elsewhere and freeware games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96239 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:32 am »

My semi-annual emotional breakdown happened. Yay for issues and bottled up bullshit bursting out into tear form!

At least I'm better now. Back to relative happy!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 6414 6415 [6416] 6417 6418 ... 8167