Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6404 6405 [6406] 6407 6408 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435944 times)

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96075 on: August 05, 2015, 02:47:24 am »

I ate some IKEA oat cookies (they have about 40% fat and sugar, yummmm) yesterday... and somehow had one of my back teeth fracture.

No pain yet and the piece is somehow still attached partially. Managed to get a dentist appointment for tomorrow, but this wasnt really something I needed right now.

Turns out that all my teeth are infact intact and dont move. Weird. One of the wisdom teeth may miss a small part though (or thats what the dentist said). No holes either, whic his of course great.

What is pretty ironic is that I started working on documentation on electric installations and systems documentation for that very hospital last Monday (day of my previous post, quoted) including the rooms I visited and I got to find out that the stuff on documents is waaaaay off of what is actually installed there. Back to the drawing board that is the CADS it is...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96076 on: August 05, 2015, 02:52:38 am »

just spent a few hours working on a bunch of Panorama stuff for a dota 2 mod before finding out that Panorama has no equivalent of HTML5 Canvas

and for the first time in my life i am actually going to have to deal with Valve Time™

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #96077 on: August 05, 2015, 03:18:16 am »

whaa

but ...

They said Panorama was a modern Web-like workflow!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96078 on: August 05, 2015, 03:40:40 am »

It's got some features missing, apparently!

Thus the whole beta thing I guess

they do add a good amount to panorama with each update, too, so that's not just hot air AFAIK

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96079 on: August 05, 2015, 05:48:28 am »

Ugh, it's tough having to browse the internet on my phone. There was an interesting philosophical discussion some pages back, but I can't quote posts and it would take ages to read it all anyway, let alone formulate a worthwhile contribution. Alas.

Other sad: man, if the place I'm staying at temporarily was in a city or other, more convenient location, it would be awesome.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96080 on: August 05, 2015, 08:43:29 am »

I've always wanted to donate to Wikipedia, but never been able to. Now that I have a bank account and Wikipedia is doing another donation push... my debit card is MIA. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96081 on: August 05, 2015, 10:45:25 am »

I've always wanted to donate to Wikipedia, but never been able to. Now that I have a bank account and Wikipedia is doing another donation push... my debit card is MIA. :(

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96083 on: August 05, 2015, 01:38:15 pm »

Is it a real screenshot?  Probably.  It's not the craziest thing to make it onto the front page of a Google search.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96084 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »

Is it a real screenshot?  Probably.  It's not the craziest thing to make it onto the front page of a Google search.
I think some dumb user edited the page and then the Google Bot crawled it just before Wikipedia reverted the edits.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #96085 on: August 05, 2015, 01:44:44 pm »

Wikipedia is actually pretty terrible for a lot of things - for anything historical, for example, you can't just read an old Army Field Manual or test results and correct false information because that's original research. Even if you find a published historical work that counts as a valid source for them, you can't replace the false information because all sources are equally valid.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96086 on: August 05, 2015, 02:21:52 pm »

I remember looking up a british philosopher on google and the description of the webpage on google was "[philosopher] was a british philosopher and the youngest brother of Adolf Hitler"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96087 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:20 pm »

Some black mold spots or something on my air mattress. They've proven resilient to everything I've tried so far, so at this point I'm just chucking the whole thing, thoroughly laundering all my bedding again, and starting over. Not a good month for this to happen.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96088 on: August 05, 2015, 02:28:33 pm »

have you tried gasoline

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96089 on: August 05, 2015, 02:29:42 pm »

The bathroom is fucked again. So I'm  busy again .v
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 6404 6405 [6406] 6407 6408 ... 8167